Does anyone queue for ranked anymore?

Shayddow

I finally got enough valor on one character to qualify for ranked, and I queued on prime time in the evening (Star Forge), and it seems nobody wants to play. I have gotten plenty of unranked matches but no matched.

:rak_02:

It is currently preseason. This is the period time between seasons when you don't gain or lose any elo while playing ranked. Most players lose interest in ranked during this time because there is no competition.

Additionally, there is very little incentive to play the game at all. 7.0 has been lackluster and very unfun, in general. The high end rewards were removed from ranked. And the promissed 7.2 pvp revamp is likely still 5-6months out. All of this to say, there is very little reason to play ranked.

But it still sometimes pops... usually between 3pm-6pm est.

It is preseason and that’s one of the reasons it’s not populated right now. I also see the same few people in ranked harassing players trying to learn arenas and get prepared for the season. I see a lot of old time pvp players who just won’t even mess with it anymore. It sucks, because I do enjoy it and I know other players do/would too.

Mostly it’s the same handful of players who just rag on new/returning players who are trying to learn arenas. Arenas don’t pop much on regs, so there’s only one way to really get better at it. GG to all the players out there who know we need more players in the ranked queue, not less.

When you want to rage on a player in ranked, just remember you sucked at it too when it came out. I’m sure playing the same 12 players gets old. Welcome people in and take a loss in preseason instead of crying all the time in fleet and scaring people away.

Btw, if anyone who doesn’t know a thing about ranked wants to hit me up on star forge, let’s get a group together and queue up. I have buddies who would love to join.

I also see the same few people in ranked harassing players trying to learn arenas and get prepared for the season... Welcome people in and take a loss in preseason instead of crying all the time in fleet and scaring people away.

For the most part, people only harass other people if they come into ranked utterly unprepared. No gear, no tactical, no idea what they are supposed to be doing.... That's why I made this list of guides for people to get prepared before they press the que button. https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=995908

Btw, if anyone who doesn’t know a thing about ranked wants to hit me up on star forge, let’s get a group together and queue up. I have buddies who would love to join.

Team ranked is a great way to experience ranked for the first time because you get to do it with your friends who are likely similar skill level. In a sense you won't be holding anyone back. It's also a good way to see the level of skill of ranked vs regs. Team ranked on SF is popping a bit more than solo ranked right now. So if you can't get a solo ranked pop, try team ranked.

Edited by septru