Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Please change the PvP requirements for the next GS.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Please change the PvP requirements for the next GS.

OddballEasyEight's Avatar


OddballEasyEight
07.23.2021 , 11:16 PM | #1
I really, really hate PvP content in MMO's.

So when it gets forced on me for GS, I get annoyed.

Not just because I'm forced to do it, but because I know that I'm also ruining it for my teammates in the PvP matches that I play since I really suck at PvP (and won't improve since I vehemently dislike it).

Now, if there was only one form of PvP, that would be fine.

Because you can switch your daily/weekly task once.

However, there are two forms of PvP in the game. Regular PvP and Galactic Starfighter, which is also PvP.

Neither of which I enjoy playing.

Now, out of the two, I know that regular PvP is most often over faster.
So, when I get the "play X number of unranked PvP matches" task, I never reroll that task, because I might get the Galactic Starfighter one instead... which would suck.

So please... Bioware... don't make us play game modes that we don't like.

Maybe, next time, make it so that the tasks are "either or" instead?

For example, instead of just "Play one match of unranked PvP", you could have the task be "Play one match of unranked PvP or Finish one Flashpoint on Veteran difficulty"

That way the people who actually like PvP and don't like playing solo/group content can also get to play the game the way they want and still complete their GS tasks.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

BRKMSN's Avatar


BRKMSN
07.23.2021 , 11:34 PM | #2
People are continuing to act like you still have to do everything available every day. You don't. People that did that finished season 1 with like 80 days remaining in the season. On top of that, you get the daily re-roll and the weekly re-roll. On top of that, you can buy progress with Cartel Coins anytime you feel the need. If your progress gets "behind," you can use the catch-up feature with credits.

Nobody is forced to do PvP or PvE in galactic seasons.
We have a zero tolerance policy for intolerance of any kind.

theknightof's Avatar


theknightof
07.24.2021 , 12:16 AM | #3
i enjoy gsf but it seems unfair anyway that the gsf weekly is 4 and warzone is 3 battles. on top of that, on average a gsf battle is longer than a warzone one, and to make it worse -- queue time for gsf is usually longer.

DarkTergon's Avatar


DarkTergon
07.24.2021 , 08:16 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by theknightof View Post
i enjoy gsf but it seems unfair anyway that the gsf weekly is 4 and warzone is 3 battles. on top of that, on average a gsf battle is longer than a warzone one, and to make it worse -- queue time for gsf is usually longer.
I don't know what server you are on, or what time of the day you run, but from my experience, GSF is faster in all ways.
I que for both pvp & gsf and most of the time GSF pops first. The GSF matches are quicker (when 8v8 pvp pop) , the arena matches are usually quicker thou8gh. And the longest I've had to que for GSF was 15 mins, and that was on the emptiest server, off peak....

Also, at the beginning I agreed that 'forcing' people in to PvP was bad, but as the season progressed, and we earned gs points so quickly, I came to the realisation that you can pick and choose easily enough, and not do half the stuff, yet still have more than enough time to finish GS. In fact I've finished on my main, and I'm in the 90's on 3 others, and just started on the 5th server, and already on level 15.....
Beware, my friends, as you pass by. As you are now, so once was I
As I'm now, so you must be. Prepare, my friends, to follow me

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”

bncsmom's Avatar


bncsmom
07.28.2021 , 03:37 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by BRKMSN View Post
People are continuing to act like you still have to do everything available every day. You don't. People that did that finished season 1 with like 80 days remaining in the season. On top of that, you get the daily re-roll and the weekly re-roll. On top of that, you can buy progress with Cartel Coins anytime you feel the need. If your progress gets "behind," you can use the catch-up feature with credits.

Nobody is forced to do PvP or PvE in galactic seasons.
Except, that's not true, if you want ALL of the points available to you that week/day, of which there are a set amount every week/day and no more may be earned once you've earned those. If you've already switched out one that you don't want to do and end up with a warzone objective, you're forced to do the warzones if you want the points. Same with the weekly operations objective, if you don't like operations but can no longer switch something out, you're then forced to do the operations or forego the points. That's not right!

Mycroft-Tarkin's Avatar


Mycroft-Tarkin
07.28.2021 , 03:47 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by bncsmom View Post
Except, that's not true, if you want ALL of the points available to you that week/day, of which there are a set amount every week/day and no more may be earned once you've earned those. If you've already switched out one that you don't want to do and end up with a warzone objective, you're forced to do the warzones if you want the points. Same with the weekly operations objective, if you don't like operations but can no longer switch something out, you're then forced to do the operations or forego the points. That's not right!
No because you only need to do around half of all your objectives to complete the season. If you ignored every single PvP and GSF mission, you'd still complete the season. You aren't forced to do them at all.

bncsmom's Avatar


bncsmom
07.28.2021 , 04:01 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Mycroft-Tarkin View Post
No because you only need to do around half of all your objectives to complete the season. If you ignored every single PvP and GSF mission, you'd still complete the season. You aren't forced to do them at all.
You're still not understanding. If a person WANTS TO EARN THE FLIPPING POINTS, they're FORCED TO DO IT!!

It's neither here nor there if they only "need" half of the points. If they WANT TO EARN THEM, they ARE forced to do that content.

BRKMSN's Avatar


BRKMSN
07.28.2021 , 07:27 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by bncsmom View Post
You're still not understanding. If a person WANTS TO EARN THE FLIPPING POINTS, they're FORCED TO DO IT!!

It's neither here nor there if they only "need" half of the points. If they WANT TO EARN THEM, they ARE forced to do that content.
No they are not. They have the option to buy progress with cartel coins and if they fall behind, have the option to catch up with credits.

If they decide that neither alternative suits them, then their remaining options for earning points are relying on RNG. I can see that you'll continue to hammer the "forced to do" line in your argument. For that, I'd like to remind you that whatever RNG gives you, you are "forced to do." It's not just PvP. I don't do OPs, so I guess we can remove that one too. I always try to re-roll the FPs because a lot of the ones they require you to choose from can be problematic for PUGs. So let's remove that one as well. The heroics wouldn't be as bad if they didn't "force" you to do them on a specific planet, so we'd better remove that one too. The bug-killing ones can be frustrating to players that play on PvE instances where waiting for respawns drags it out. It's only fair to remove those from the list as well ... Do you see where I'm going here?
We have a zero tolerance policy for intolerance of any kind.

Craydingus's Avatar


Craydingus
07.30.2021 , 09:39 AM | #9
Wishful thinking, but no. They need GS to hide the fact that PvP has been steadily dying over the course of the past year due to win-only missions and quitter lockouts.

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
07.30.2021 , 09:43 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by bncsmom View Post
You're still not understanding. If a person WANTS TO EARN THE FLIPPING POINTS, they're FORCED TO DO IT!!

It's neither here nor there if they only "need" half of the points. If they WANT TO EARN THEM, they ARE forced to do that content.
I have already finished with Season 1 (actually finished it by the first of July) and never did anything I didn't like. Sure I might have use some cc coins in the progress (but I was also rewarded with some so that was not a big deal since I never had to purchase any coins). I never touched PVP/GSF nor the operations.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.