Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Sale Runs for NiM Ops, Titles, Mounts, achievements

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Sale Runs for NiM Ops, Titles, Mounts, achievements

Ardarell_Solo's Avatar


Ardarell_Solo
08.24.2021 , 09:16 AM | #21
I'm not dictating anyone anything, I just believe that there are several good reasons to respect the way professionals have designed a game's reward system. If you believe in paying for stuff that's all yours and you're certainly not alone with that. Let me be totally clear: Everyone can have their own opinion and act upon it. They just have to live with what other people think of that opinion and the behaviour that's derived from it.

More clever people than me have shown how underminig a reward system is bad for long term motivation of a player community as a whole. Which is why this
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
it doesn't impact you in a negative way
is not true, if you look at it from a broader, long term perspective. Of course one singular sale run doesn't do anything to a player who's not even involved. But the possibility of doing them changes the game's environment as a whole and thus for everyone. It's certainly easy to call BS on that and ridicule it, as it's not so obvious. That doesn't make it less true or relevant.

In my opinion anyone participating in stuff like that is contributing to a community based game deteriorating. If you and anyone else choses to still do it, well, agreed: it's a free country. I just take the freedom to call people out on that. Accordingly you're all free to not care about that either. ^^
El'ethon - Sentinel <Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> Tulak Hord

RikuvonDrake's Avatar


RikuvonDrake
08.24.2021 , 09:52 AM | #22
Quote:
I just believe that there are several good reasons to respect the way professionals have designed a game's reward system
This is a great point when you combine it with the developers introduction of something called "Crystal of Nightmare Fury", if you check the link there is a lot of good information on what it does inside an operation instance. As well as the several years during which the majority of the current operations were 5-10 levels below what players were and as such were easily clearable with half, or less, of the intended group size. The professionals (developers) in this case, who have access to all the player data and statistics we can only dream of seeing, seem to all agree (across hundreds if not thousands of online games) that has some sort of player organized sale run or boosting feature.

So looking at it from a broader and more long term perspective, the developers seem to think it's perfectly fine for someone who wants to, for example, roleplay a dread master but doesn't enjoy raids to buy the Dread Master title from a bunch of players who likes raids. You thinking that's unfair is totally fine, but trying to claim that few such cases have some major impact on the community is just reaching and more importantly, impossible to actually prove or measure

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

Ardarell_Solo's Avatar


Ardarell_Solo
08.24.2021 , 04:45 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
This is a great point when you combine it with the developers introduction of something called "Crystal of Nightmare Fury", if you check the link there is a lot of good information on what it does inside an operation instance. As well as the several years during which the majority of the current operations were 5-10 levels below what players were and as such were easily clearable with half, or less, of the intended group size. The professionals (developers) in this case, who have access to all the player data and statistics we can only dream of seeing, seem to all agree (across hundreds if not thousands of online games) that has some sort of player organized sale run or boosting feature.

So looking at it from a broader and more long term perspective, the developers seem to think it's perfectly fine for someone who wants to, for example, roleplay a dread master but doesn't enjoy raids to buy the Dread Master title from a bunch of players who likes raids. You thinking that's unfair is totally fine, but trying to claim that few such cases have some major impact on the community is just reaching and more importantly, impossible to actually prove or measure
That's all pure polemics.
El'ethon - Sentinel <Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> Tulak Hord

RikuvonDrake's Avatar


RikuvonDrake
08.24.2021 , 06:50 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
That's all pure polemics.
to be fair you went on a tirade about the morality of selling cosmetic items in a trading thread, some could consider it a bait

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

easyandrew's Avatar


easyandrew
10.17.2021 , 02:34 PM | #25
I was in a group recently that tried many times to start the run for the ``creast``,,,each time we always 1-2 new people so had to start obviously doing DT till they got the masks,,this alone proves who is willing to stick it out,,then just seeing who stays for TfB hm for the dreadfull,,at this point depending who stays,how many wipes etc,,can be around 1-2hr mark of the night of constant wacking the keys as we can call it,,we brake for a while before starting SnV,,in every attempt I have done this is where fatigue,arguments and infighting starts,,especially if 1 person announces what where doing in Allies chat,,then the flooding starts of elitist sale runners,,I wont go into detail,,I myself passed the 1st boss many times,,but we always fail at Titan6 at around 20-13%,,my point in all this,,I do have the money to buy pretty much a full run,,,I have all I need,,my cc`s just pill up cause I rarely use them,,I made my money a while ago selling crate-o-matics i found,,but rarely spend any credits,,But I always wanted to try these parts of the game on my own with similar people,,,but time issues,,the fact that it does take a long time to actually get to Hatefull,,our 1st try this summer took us 6hrs to get to Titan6,,now my last attempt with good players took 2 hrs from Tfbhm to SnvNim but again,,we wipe during the grenade,,,lately I have ben thinking of actually doing the `pay` the run,,cause as i do love the attemps,,just barely getting there is frustrating,,and seeing new players with 1k-3k achivos with both wings and the creast is a bit disapointing...
my 2cents on why some end up just paying outright,,,
EasyAndy
Star Forge

AMAirlines's Avatar


AMAirlines
12.12.2021 , 04:58 PM | #26
Bumping thread, we have increased prices to combat inflation. The analogy will be listed below

If you're not 100% up to speed on WHY prices are changing, I will give a quick rundown. About 3 years ago when I started doing sales, the prices for the most part were still in balance, inflation hadn't taken its massive toll yet. Every item was on the GTN for a relevant price, I got items like the vented saber or Tulak Hord saber for under 200mil. Master's Datacrons cost about 60mil. Back then, a Wings run cost about 450mil usually, the price varied between sales groups. Since then, the economy began to inflate out of control. Datacrons average 600-700mil now. Those valuable sabers I have seen upwards of 7bil, averaging 3bil. The regular price for wings was 2bil before any additional fees. I assume you guys can see why this is a problem, when taking a group's time and effort costs less than something off the cartel market. The new prices are meant to reflect inflation, and set the runs to their correct value based on other things like the cartel market.

Happy buying
Presrjur (sin/jugg/pt dps/tank) - 37/37 NiM Completion 7/7 timed


Server First/World Fifth Ultimate Hunter
World Last Destruction Incarnate (5.10)

Kite Strat Connoisseur
<Ordinance>

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
12.13.2021 , 02:36 PM | #27
You can just say you are not doing any more sales
Merovejec

easyandrew's Avatar


easyandrew
12.22.2021 , 11:34 AM | #28
now these prices are stupid,,period

TheRandomno's Avatar


TheRandomno
12.22.2021 , 12:07 PM | #29
If people didn't buy at this price they'd lower it.

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
12.22.2021 , 01:42 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRandomno View Post
If people didn't buy at this price they'd lower it.
Then the people probably should look more in this section, they would find several guilds doing it for 10x less.
Merovejec