Malgus Question (may contain spoilers)

JediKamo

Okay, I finally ran the “False Emperor” flashpoint yesterday (avoiding it since 2011) to put Onslaught and 6.3 into context.

So, my question is: How did he come back? He didn’t die in a convenient explosion where we never recovered the body (which I expected based on the post KOTET dialogue). I beat him to death with my lightsabers.

So, unless he has some sort of Darth Sion vibe from KOTOR 2, it seems problematic.

Okay, I finally ran the “False Emperor” flashpoint yesterday (avoiding it since 2011) to put Onslaught and 6.3 into context.

So, my question is: How did he come back? He didn’t die in a convenient explosion where we never recovered the body (which I expected based on the post KOTET dialogue). I beat him to death with my lightsabers.

So, unless he has some sort of Darth Sion vibe from KOTOR 2, it seems problematic.

You cannot "kill" him, because he is a cyborg, maybe he is wearing some sort of healing armor ( this healing armor appears in a story class..)

I haven't done this flashpoint since the game was released but from what I remember you're supposed to use grenades and launch him off a platform. I might be wrong though.

He was knocked off the catwalk with the grenades which he was collected and saved for later eventually was found by Acina/Vowrawn. There was speculation that valkorian found him and put him in carbonite much like arcann put you in. He was planned supposedly as a fallback vessel of vitiate as the body of valk was actually failing and aging it was not able to hold his powers anymore. So he was actually looking for viable vessels so he collected Malgus as fallback plan if his plans for his ideal vessel would fail. So he was carbonited and at some point acina or vowrawn raided the vaults and got Malgus back. I think that story may have been canned a bit but i think that was the story that was actually suppose to explain what happened with malgus.

Again in meridian he didn't die from that platform collapse but was still under programming which is why he is a threat at that point. If you think of him kind of like Darth Scion but more mechanical like vadar was it does help. His rage helps keep him alive in fact probably the only way to kill malgus is to chop his head off or destroy his brain altogether.

You cannot "kill" him, because he is a cyborg, maybe he is wearing some sort of healing armor ( this healing armor appears in a story class..)

Well, we’ve killed cyborgs before… I think the Sith Sorcerer story on DK.

I haven't done this flashpoint since the game was released but from what I remember you're supposed to use grenades and launch him off a platform. I might be wrong though.

Fun fact: that is not how it originally ended. That was a nod to how players sort of figured out how to do it during the early days when it was bugged; very much a nod to how folks figured out how to beat an unbeatable FP (that was bugged to high heaven).

But, doing it this way did allow Magnus to narratively survive the situation.

Fun fact: that is not how it originally ended. That was a nod to how players sort of figured out how to do it during the early days when it was bugged; very much a nod to how folks figured out how to beat an unbeatable FP (that was bugged to high heaven).

But, doing it this way did allow Magnus to narratively survive the situation.

I didn’t realize that was how it originally worked. I waltzed through in level 306 gear. But if that was how it originally had to be played, that could explain the Onslaught lore.