how to make a complaint?

kurzis

well that rule isn't consistently applied, if that was the case then we'd all be updating threads from 2017

There are tens of thousands of threads and the number of community managers and direct communication has increased recently has they have more people now then before on the forums.

Will they eventually at some point go through and merge threads, sure but that takes time and something to do manually. They only be focused on doing this for threads they have responded to recently or there may be a specific order.

Either way, if your seeing a pattern of threads deleted because of a policy, making a new one isn't going to change or get things done faster by making a new thread over and over again.

There are tens of thousands of threads and the number of community managers and direct communication has increased recently has they have more people now then before on the forums.

Will they eventually at some point go through and merge threads, sure but that takes time and something to do manually. They only be focused on doing this for threads they have responded to recently or there may be a specific order.

Either way, if your seeing a pattern of threads deleted because of a policy, making a new one isn't going to change or get things done faster by making a new thread over and over again.

all they have to do is add it to the known issues list so its at least been acknowledged.

The OP quoted a very nice, thorough, and professional reply from CS from May 1, 2021. Please note person I'm quoting:

I'm not sure what more can be done at this point. It seems BW is well aware of the situation. Personally, I would hope they prioritize quest-related bugs, of which there are many, before graphics-related bugs.

/shrug

Dasty

that thread was apparently deleted but yes as you can see customer support confirm it should have been fixed in 6.3 but it wasn't and they've failed to add it to the known issues list

that thread was apparently deleted but yes as you can see customer support confirm it should have been fixed in 6.3 but it wasn't and they've failed to add it to the known issues list

The list Bioware published was about new bugs / known-issues related directly to new features of 6.3 and to a very minor extent 6.2a.

If Bioware were to publish a list of every unfixed bug each patch update it would make a Tolstoy novel look like a haiku.

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

New patch = new thread. its still not fixed even though customer support claim it should have been fixed in 6.3.

I think the only thing i've been able to find where a dev acknowledged the bug was a post from 2019 saying something along the lines of "I thought we fixed that"

2 years later and still not fixed or even added to the known issues list indicates to me that they're ignoring it and abusing their position to prevent discussions about it.

Selling a product and not making people aware that the product will not work as intended is illegal and that includes digital items, it really crosses the line from morally wrong to illegal when said companies charge real money to activate a feature that should be active from the point of purchase.

It is against the cunsumer act of 1974, updated in this "consumer act 2015 faulty goods".

However consumer law and legal law are not the same. BW and more relavent SWTOR brake EU and now UK consumer law all the time. That what happens when the company is elsewhare in the world. You could try UK consumer rights, such as Watchdog or equifalent. However these really only try to do something if there are a lot of complaints and if the loss of money is high or the product is a danger to the general public. There are of course exceptions to that, but generally thats how it go's. Which is not the case here. Consumer law is more of a civel action not illegal as you claim.

That of course does not make it right or help you with your issue.

That aside If you are making new threads that already have threads, then BW are right to remove them. Shame that BW don't do that more often. However as customers, we should have the right to complain, and complain here on the forums (as long as each issue is kept to one thread) Other poster's are right however you, me and everyone else agreed to their terms and conditions, so really don't have any roon course of action left. That does not make BW right to stop complaints, but it is what it is.

Edited by SavantDreadtech

The patch was only yesterday, so not been added YET, would be more accurate.

also this was considered a priority fix in 6.3,

"The Day 7 Login Reward crate now correctly displays an icon."

I'm not sure what you might do for a living, but in many work environments the fact that one issue is quickly fixed does not automatically mean it is seen as a higher priority compared with another issue that is not fixed as quickly. Many factors come into play. Sometimes it is easier to fix something small that has less of an impact on related systems. Sometimes different people are working on the issues, so they are addressed simultaneously, and one person's workflow moving forwards has nothing to do with someone else's. I hope this perspective can clear things up a little.

I appreciate that the experience you're having is probably frustrating. But it sounds like it has been acknowledged. If it requires further acknowledgement, I hope it'll receive that.

Edited by Estelindis

• Dev Post

Kurzis,

As other players have pointed out, the issue you have brought up has been acknowledged in multiple forms and as stated, the bug will be fixed in a future update. Please refer to the correspondence you received from Customer Support.

We ask that you keep conversation regarding this bug contained to the main thread Show Darkside corruption option doesn't work in Nautolan costume slots so that discussion is consolidated and kept in one place as opposed to creating multiple threads and posts about the same topic. Please refer to our Forum Guidelines for our rules regarding spam.

Lastly, we take harassment very seriously. Please feel free to message me with all the relevant details and I will forward your report to the team for review.

Jackie

Edited by JackieKo