Master Mode Flash Point difficulty increase

I dont know if this has been tabled to the devs before but I think it would be great to have MMFP have some mechanic that allows the difficulty to ramp up. A good example would be the Mythic Plus in WoW, where you can have the same dungeon but have different affixes that make it harder based on the level of the dungeon. At the moment we only have the standard MMFP which is good but i would like to have the option to see how high me and my friends can go in the flash points. If there is a reason why this would not be possible, please enlighten me. Cheers

Sorry to say this, but if they wont even bother making all operations level 75, then i dont see why they would add more difficulty to existing master mode flash points.

Especially since MANY players cant even beat some of the newer flashpoints.

I like your idea and i hope it sees the day of light of course, but with the extremely limited updates that are happening to this game, i dont think it will happen sadly.

Having FPs with an infinitely-increasing difficulty mode like WoW mythic+ could be interesting, but doubt we'll see that in SWTOR - the difficulty to implement (can't even get existing FPs to scale to level cap) versus the small portion of the player base that would engage with them versus the current model of all content drops all gear would suggest it would be a poor use of time.

Are you crazy? I was doing A Traitor Among The Chiss the other day, I'm asking to do the bonus boss and since they don't know the mechs I give a rundown, the probe droid, the knockback... And they respond in chorus: "Sounds annoying, let's pass."

That's the level of the playerbase nowadays. And you want to ramp up flashpoints that are barely challenging.

Are you crazy? I was doing A Traitor Among The Chiss the other day, I'm asking to do the bonus boss and since they don't know the mechs I give a rundown, the probe droid, the knockback... And they respond in chorus: "Sounds annoying, let's pass."

That's the level of the playerbase nowadays. And you want to ramp up flashpoints that are barely challenging.

Wow just wow. That boss is easy as a walk in the park. And you're buffed to 59 VE stacks. Just Wow...

They increased the difficulty level of MM Operations. They're about to increase the Uprisings difficulty. Next: MM FP. Can't think of another game where the developers try to make content less accessible to the players.

I agree. I think, they should make a version of this nightmare crystal accessible for mm fp. so that players can boost themselves, if they want to.

This is the only post ever by the OP. I suspect this thread is to just get the playerbase accustomed to the idea. They're already making this change.

If they are already making this a reality, then I am quite excited about this. I think they can achieve accessibility for as well as have challenging short content for those that want to run with friends and be challenged. I don't believe it cant be done at the same time.

If they are already making this a reality, then I am quite excited about this. I think they can achieve accessibility for as well as have challenging short content for those that want to run with friends and be challenged. I don't believe it cant be done at the same time.

Another poster with no history. First post on Jan 31, 2021.

Another poster with no history. First post on Jan 31, 2021.

I do not understand how this is relevant to the the thread. I am a new player looking to invest more game time and enquired from the community on an aspect I am not entirely sure as to the direction the game is going. I even mentioned that if there are things already mentioned or statements made by the devs please let me know. Does one need to have history to engage with the rest of the community? I am not sure this approach is constructive, especially when someone is simply trying to find a way to improve or discuss things they wish to see in a game their are playing. Should new people to the game and community not say anything then?

I do not understand how this is relevant to the the thread. I am a new player looking to invest more game time and enquired from the community on an aspect I am not entirely sure as to the direction the game is going. I even mentioned that if there are things already mentioned or statements made by the devs please let me know. Does one need to have history to engage with the rest of the community? I am not sure this approach is constructive, especially when someone is simply trying to find a way to improve or discuss things they wish to see in a game their are playing. Should new people to the game and community not say anything then?

My experience in flashpoints is that new players are complete noobs. Not sure why a new player would want a harder difficulty when they can't complete flashpoints that are barely challenging.

I can see where you are coming from but being new to the game does not necessarily mean new to gaming. Me and my friends have been playing MMOs together for a while and the basic concepts of don't stand in stuff, interrupt important casts, dont pull extra mobs, etc are things we already know about. We have been doing these Master Modes and clearing them. Yes some are harder than others but none are impossible. I, being a personal choice, would love to have them more challenging. It is not to make it harder for everyone else and not to exclude people but to have the option to trigger a key, token or anything to make the FP harder for me and my team.

Please don't turn this thread into slinging of insults and belittling people. All I am asking from you veterans, who have been playing for a while and have more information on what the devs are planning, is if this is something that has been tabled and might be possible in the future. Thaniks and cheers.

Edited by AnthonyKG

Honestly I hope this doesn't go through. There are so many people in this game that can't even do mechanics for stuff like Lost Island as it is. Making the content harder isn't the answer for such a casual community of players like Swtor has.

For those of us that only run content in full guild groups, I'm sure this wouldn't be a problem, but then you'll get into the arguement of I'm doing harder content I should be getting better rewards, and I for one like the fact I can get Top end gear by doing any activity in the game. I just wish they'd let us spend Tech fragments for specific mods and enhancements even if it was 2k per mod or enhancement.

Since there doesn't seem to be a method already incorporated into this game for the OP's suggestion, the only other alternative I can think of is NiM versions of each FP.

I just don't see this as useful. The MM queue already takes forever to pop for PUGs. These NiM versions would need to just have pre-formed groups that go to the entrance + mission giver and then select the NiM level. Otherwise, sticking NiM FPs into the queue system will just make them pop never, imo.

I just wish they'd let us spend Tech fragments for specific mods and enhancements even if it was 2k per mod or enhancement.

That's a great idea that'll improve player experience and remove two irritants:

- Excess Tech Fragments

- RNG nature of drops that can delay gearing of characters for a long time

That's a great idea that'll improve player experience and remove two irritants:

- Excess Tech Fragments

- RNG nature of drops that can delay gearing of characters for a long time

The only problem I see with buying them outright is they would have to put it in the coding where you had to be in 306 for you to have access to purchase what mod or enhancement you want, or people would just skip to 306 from the start.

I have always wanted harder small group content intended for small groups. Doing sm raids with 4 people isn't fun it's just tedious.

Ive asked for NiM FPs so many times. But Bioware Austin simply doesnt have the resources it used to. And hard 4 man content is very low thier list of priorities.

To all the people complaining that its hard enough to clear current "master mode" FPs. I fail to see how that is a issue. You wouldnt que for them, they would be walk ins just like raids.

I have always wanted harder small group content intended for small groups. Doing sm raids with 4 people isn't fun it's just tedious.

Ive asked for NiM FPs so many times. But Bioware Austin simply doesnt have the resources it used to. And hard 4 man content is very low thier list of priorities.

To all the people complaining that its hard enough to clear current "master mode" FPs. I fail to see how that is a issue. You wouldnt que for them, they would be walk ins just like raids.

Here's the thing you may not be thinking of. If the majority of the community won't do them, then wouldn't it be a waste of Developer time? I'd hope we'd all want the Dev's to spend time on content for everyone, not a just for a small group of players.

Have them work on something the players in general will actually play.

I'm sure I would do them in guild groups if they did come out with this, however I'd rather the devs put new content in for everyone, not just ramp up a new difficulty level for old content.

Here's the thing you may not be thinking of. If the majority of the community won't do them, then wouldn't it be a waste of Developer time? I'd hope we'd all want the Dev's to spend time on content for everyone, not a just for a small group of players.

Have them work on something the players in general will actually play.

I'm sure I would do them in guild groups if they did come out with this, however I'd rather the devs put new content in for everyone, not just ramp up a new difficulty level for old content.

Did you not read my whole comment? I literally said that in my 2nd line rofl.