Episode VII NOT based on George Lucas's vision

Sanguiluna

Well tbh we know nothing about the vision of the film. What we do know is that it may not have the amaturish dialogue, horrible direction and questionable casting decisions of the previous movies. The vision of Lucas is not about what Luke specifically did in the original trilogy or what he specifically said, its about the overall journey. A youngman growing into his legacy as he becomes a man and a hero. About a father he brings to redemption. A great evil cast down. The last 3 movies are not about the camp dialogue that only the best actors could make palatable and that the lead could NOT make palatable. Its about a young man who could have been a hero but had too much baggage to become that hero and who instead fell from grace. Edited by Ghisallo

It's not glorified C Canon. Thing is he told it to Disney. Disney now owns Star Wars and can decide what is and isn't Canon. Lucas opinion doesn't determine Canon anymore.

Hhmm...dunno about that or how much Disney still gives GL much say over the franchise. I would think he still has some say on it, though not as much as he used to.

Hhmm...dunno about that or how much Disney still gives GL much say over the franchise. I would think he still has some say on it, though not as much as he used to.

It's dropped enough that they can deny his scripts. Also Disney was the one that made changes to the whole canon system anyway with Legend/Canon. Disney also determines what t.v. shows are allowed to be made as well as who has the rights to making games etc. I really don't think he has much sway anymore. Definitely not enough to claim "Anything disney produces is C-Canon because it's not from GL." Disney owns star wars.

Oh, I am fine with anyone taking over the Wheel after George L.

Mayhaps Uwe Boll as an exception. GL killed the SW universe for me.

If I hadn't read years of SW-comics, books and whatnot before the prequels, the prequels alone would have given me irreversible mental traumas. Since Ep.1, 2 and most of Ep. 3 I have had the strongest 'in-denial' reaction.

So bad, that I honestly believe Disney and JJ Abrams would actually be capable of bring SW to all its glory.

Oh, I can live with a dumb sputtering robot, but NO MORE JAR-JAR!!! -Ever! -Unless he is in one(!) scene where he horrendously gets killed off by the boot of a stormtrooper, or something bigger.

Oh, I am fine with anyone taking over the Wheel after George L.

Mayhaps Uwe Boll as an exception. GL killed the SW universe for me.

If I hadn't read years of SW-comics, books and whatnot before the prequels, the prequels alone would have given me irreversible mental traumas. Since Ep.1, 2 and most of Ep. 3 I have had the strongest 'in-denial' reaction.

So bad, that I honestly believe Disney and JJ Abrams would actually be capable of bring SW to all its glory.

Oh, I can live with a dumb sputtering robot, but NO MORE JAR-JAR!!! -Ever! -Unless he is in one(!) scene where he horrendously gets killed off by the boot of a stormtrooper, or something bigger.

Seeing Jar-jar die a painful death would be sweet after his harrasing and abuse of the SW-universe, making our eyes bleed tears and the world crumble in terror...

Yet I don't see hwo Ep 3 can be "the worst", I mean? I actually enjoy that movie. I hate Ep1, but I don't really see what's so bad with Ep. 3. It's different than the originals, sure. But why is it so bad? I actually find it to be my favorite SW movie.

Of course, any second with Jar-jar does ruin the movie. But ewoks aren't really any better than Jar-jar, truth be told. GL likes his freaky aliens. Let's hope Disney keeps the most imbecile ones out of the picture, and let's us have a SW movie without ewoks, Jar-jars or such horrible creatures.

Seeing Jar-jar die a painful death would be sweet after his harrasing and abuse of the SW-universe, making our eyes bleed tears and the world crumble in terror...

Yet I don't see hwo Ep 3 can be "the worst", I mean? I actually enjoy that movie. I hate Ep1, but I don't really see what's so bad with Ep. 3. It's different than the originals, sure. But why is it so bad? I actually find it to be my favorite SW movie.

Of course, any second with Jar-jar does ruin the movie. But ewoks aren't really any better than Jar-jar, truth be told. GL likes his freaky aliens. Let's hope Disney keeps the most imbecile ones out of the picture, and let's us have a SW movie without ewoks, Jar-jars or such horrible creatures.

I'm a big fan of how ET's race made it into the senate. Good old George lucus.

Lucas has absolutely NO say over star wars anymore. If disney wants to make a crossover with marvel and frozen, with magic ewoks, and jar jar as a jedi master, they can do just that.

Lucas sold everything to Disney - he has 0 say over Star Wars now and Disney can do anything they want. That is how buyouts work.

I think this latest story is just confirmation that Disney is not asking George much of anything about Star Wars now.

Lucas sold everything to Disney - he has 0 say over Star Wars now and Disney can do anything they want. That is how buyouts work.

I think this latest story is just confirmation that Disney is not asking George much of anything about Star Wars now.

And tbh I am not surprised. George is beloved for coming up with the concept and for his marketing genius. Also for the strides in SFX that he funded. However when you talk to people who know about directing actors (or the people he has directed)... BAD... people who know how to actually write dialogue... BAD. He is one of those guys tbh who should have the credit produced by... promptly followed by a real director and then "story by..." followed promptly by a person who knows how to write a screen play. When you are shelling out BILLIONS for an IP...you are not going to want that baggage.

Edited by Ghisallo

Two words: Basketball Droid...

If I remember correctly I read somewhere that Lucas has an optional consulting gig with Disney for SW and that's it.

He doesn't get to sign off on anything and if they don't feel like consulting him they don't have to.

That being said, I have very little faith that Jar Jar Abrams is going to wow me.

Jorm

The new trailer made the hairs on my arms stand on end. Especially when the X-Wings came into shot over the water and the Falcon running that barrel roll...and what hit me straight away was, This is more like Star Wars. The prequels were not Star Wars to me. Everything was too polished and shiny. All the starships, tech and hardware has this battered, used look in the originals. It looks like that for VII. Now, it seems they have the look, lets hope the story works out.

Disney have brought my heart back to Star Wars after Lucas pulled it out and displayed to my face with the prequel trilogy. Ok, Ep. III wasn't so bad...but really...They pretty much took a downward spiral. They could have been so good. But flashy CGI for Star Wars just does not feel right.

fingers crossed for VII, I am very hopeful!

I for one will welcome our new Disney Overlord's version if Lucas can't touch it anymore. /shrug

You're acting as if the prequels and Jar Jar are the worst things that could happen to Star Wars. The worst thing that could happen is,,, Crossovers! As in, spider-man or Elsa pops up and starts slinging webs and snow at the sith. If this seems farfetched, they already did a phineas and ferb crossover, which was non-canon. I have it from an inside source that the future crossovers will be canon. Also, I've heard talk that Disney might force Bioware to put lore-breaking items on the cartel market (Luke's speeder, Vader's armor, etc.)

I have it from an inside source that the future crossovers will be canon.

I heard from another inside source that the inevitable appearance of Star Wars characters in the next Kingdom Hearts game will be canon which means Sephiroth, Donald Duck, and Captain Jack Sparrow will become canon Star Wars characters and they will play a pivotal role in Episode VIII: Invasion of the Nobodies.