About Revan....

Swarlesx

So, as anyone could tell by my avatar, I am a Revan fan. KOTOR was one of the first RPG's I really got into as a kid and I always really enjoyed his story during the game, but does anyone else think that all the Revan content past KOTOR feels sort of pointless.

I know that there are plenty of Revan fans out there that enjoy his content but I feel that giving him a canon story just so you can keep making him relevant over and over again seems really pointless. I would have been completely content believing that after KOTOR my Revan remained a jedi or sith, spent his life with Bastila and his child, and then died a natural death.

But instead Bioware keeps finding reasons to bring him up again and again. The guy already went on a long quest to kill his best friend. That was enough of an accomplishment for one life, let him rest.

Anyone else feel the same?

Amen, I hate how they shoehorn a great character into the mix over and over and over again-give it a year and some retard will explain how revan was really malak from the very beginning-but forgot, and when they went and saw the sith emperor their minds were turned to the dark side-BUT ALSO SWITCHED

and everything else that happened afterward you where actually playing as Malak- and hence when Revan finally dies at the end in SOR retarded storyline he didn't really die it was MALAK-but the true Revan Malak who died on the starforge really didn't die-and he escaped and now hes (Revan) is back in the flesh AGAIN to defeat the emperor in the name of his best friend yo.

AWESOME STORY BIOWARE-SERIOUSLY DO IT :rolleyes:

So, as anyone could tell by my avatar, I am a Revan fan. KOTOR was one of the first RPG's I really got into as a kid and I always really enjoyed his story during the game, but does anyone else think that all the Revan content past KOTOR feels sort of pointless.

I know that there are plenty of Revan fans out there that enjoy his content but I feel that giving him a canon story just so you can keep making him relevant over and over again seems really pointless. I would have been completely content believing that after KOTOR my Revan remained a jedi or sith, spent his life with Bastila and his child, and then died a natural death.

But instead Bioware keeps finding reasons to bring him up again and again. The guy already went on a long quest to kill his best friend. That was enough of an accomplishment for one life, let him rest.

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/revan-respect-thread/95278/

Amen, I hate how they shoehorn a great character into the mix over and over and over again-give it a year and some retard will explain how revan was really malak from the very beginning-but forgot, and when they went and saw the sith emperor their minds were turned to the dark side-BUT ALSO SWITCHED

and everything else that happened afterward you where actually playing as Malak- and hence when Revan finally dies at the end in SOR retarded storyline he didn't really die it was MALAK-but the true Revan Malak who died on the starforge really didn't die-and he escaped and now hes (Revan) is back in the flesh AGAIN to defeat the emperor in the name of his best friend yo.

AWESOME STORY BIOWARE-SERIOUSLY DO IT :rolleyes:

I lold.

Noooo....yyyeessss? That may be because the Revan character looked quite close to the character I created in KotOR and his first TOR incarnation (who had been through an ordeal without giving any spoilers) made sense to me. I didn't quite like where they went with it for the expansion. Some aspects of the story were great but I was hoping for more one-on-one time, and ultimately I'm sure anyone who played TOR was hoping to be able to join him! :)

Maybe you are right, but the question of "what happened to Revan" was pretty much on every KotOR fan's mind so ultimately I think they were going to have to address that eventually.

- Arcada

I'm no 'hard-core' Revan fan, as in "HE'S THE MOST POWERFUL EVER!!!111one!" crap, but:

Revan was one of the more unique and powerful Force users in the EU. He seemed to have mastery over both the Light and the Dark. The end of KotOR 1 left it on a high note, but then the admittedly good game KotOR 2 ended poorly, and very ambiguously about what really happened with Revan and the Exile. That did need answering, and I think they did a good job (to a point) in the mid-30 Flashpoints (Rep and Emp). However, it left a bitter taste in the mouth of those who played and loved the first KotOR game to have killed Revan (Sith) or lose him so easily (Rep).

This new expansion really rounds off the Character - showing both his Light and Dark side at war, severed by the Sith assault in the Flashpoint. We see how he ended up being accepted by the Force (Light side is cannon, sorry chaps) and how he reintegrated completely and finally his Darker side.

To quote Darth Malak:

"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."

And I think that explains why Revan's story could never be simple, nor over with after just KotOR and an ambiguous mention in KotOR 2. Revan was made too important in the original game to not have a comeback...

But now, I think, he should rest. Maybe (just maybe) appear to help us against the Reborn Sith Emperor as a Force Ghost, giving advice and maybe help in the final battle against his ultimate foe, as seems to be where they implied it heading; but after this expansion is done and all the updates to it, he should disappear into the Force and leave his story history.... pun intended ;)

Edited by Iluvantir