Does Temple of Sacrifice = Site of Exar Kun's Ritual = Temple Seen in Ep. IV?

DarthDymond

**Spoilers for SoR**

When I played through the Yavin branch of SoR, I just kind of assumed that the "Temple of Sacrifice" was called that because it was the Temple where Exar Kun performed his life-stealing ritual at the end of The Sith War, and that Revan/The Emperor were using whatever unseen (aka retconned-into-existence) artifacts were there for their own twist on that same ritual.

But now I can't remember if that was something that was actually alluded to or stated in the game itself, or just basically a fanfic I inadvertently wrote in my head. Does anyone remember if the game specifies one way or the other?

By the same token, its been years since I read the Jedi Academy Trilogy, but I remember that Luke used the Massassi Temple that was the Rebels' base in Ep. IV as the site of his first Praxeum, and I remember that Exar Kun was haunting the Praxeum, but I can't remember if it was ever specified if that's because they were setting up shop in the same temple he performed his ritual in, or if it was just because he went where the Force-users were when they showed up on Yavin IV.

Was his spirit initially bound to the specific temple, or just to the moon in general?

I could be wrong, but I am fairly sure the Temple of Sacrifice is one of many temples the Massassi built in reverence to Naga Sadow; hence his statue atop the access hallway, in front of the temple.

As to how that Sith artifact came to be where it was, I honestly have no satisfying answer.

Lana Beniko does mention its existence is why the Emperor chose to retreat to Yavin 4. That seems to confirm, to say the least, that the artifact predates the Emperor's and the Imperial Guard arrival.

Maybe that was the artifact Freedon Nadd was hoping would restore him to a physical form?

Edited by Darth_Wicked

The Temple of Exar Kun and the Great Temple are different, I know that much.

The Temple of Exar Kun doesn't look much like the Temple of Sacrifice either so my thoughts would be no.

The Temple of Sacrifice doesn't look like Naga Sadow's Great Temple either truth be told.

, the temple seen is presumably the Great Temple. The one seen in SoR is half its size.

Again, most logical assumption is that it must be some other temple the Massassi built to honor Sadow. I do agree it could never be Exar Kun's temple though.

Edited by Darth_Wicked