Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

KOTFE Story and Companions

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Transcendent
06.17.2015 , 02:41 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlesBoyd View Post
  • Valkorion: who is this guy? What happened to that other Emperor? Arenít they both actually Jadus, whoís secretly Kephess, whoís actually a mutated clone of Kai Zykken created by Fez Burba for the Star Cabalís secret war against the Shroud? OK, so I actually havenít seen that theory, but ITíS ALL TRUE TELL EVERYONE BEFORE ITíS TOO LA----
So you're saying that Doctor Lokin at some point treated Qyzen Fess, perfected his Rakghoul Mutation serum, gave Cipher Nine that serum to inject Jadus (so he can transform at will) - and that Jadus was actually a clone of Kai Zykken? It all ties into the agent story perfectly, so, perfectly plausible

Quote: Originally Posted by king_nile View Post
If anyone jumped into Mass Effect 2 without playing Mass Effect 1 (such as I did), you can probably take a guess how BioWare will solve this problem in KOTFE.
That would certainly be the most sensible approach to the companions part on creation of a new level 60 character. It was done well in ME2.
REFERRAL LINK - Previous subscribers get seven days of subscription, one Complimentary Character Transfer (and more unlocks) - New players get a Jumpstart bundle with unlocks, for free!- Literally the small print

NSStember
06.17.2015 , 02:43 PM | #42
Eric,

Thank you for taking the time to address this stuff. I'm sure it will make a lot of players happy to get this feedback (including me). Can't wait to see the new content.

Eanelinea
06.17.2015 , 02:46 PM | #43
All I want is to have my husbands and one boyfriend (Tharan Cedrax) back.

I want to be 100% sure and I mean 100% SURE that Bioware will do testing, retesting and even more retesting BEFORE early access, that my husbands KNOW I am their wife. Not this crap we got with SoR where only the Republic spouses knew we existed and only the Imperial Agent spouse knew we existed because I'm STILL pissed off that Quinn, Andronikos and Torian didn't mention a damn thing about us being together.

I'm not expecting much, JUST if I'm gone for years, my husbands were worried or whatever about me. And not one word or line and that's it.

Quinn is married to the Empire's Wrath who spent the majority of her time wooing, flirting and trying everything she could to get Mister Prim and Proper to drop his guard and marry this powerful Sith Warrior.

Andronikos is married to Darth Imperius, a member of the Dark Council who agreed to marry him and went off to do so. He's a pirate for heaven sakes and she STILL wanted him.

I won't go into the other 6 males you can marry, but suffice it to say, my husbands need to come back. Plus I need both Iresso AND Tharan back cause my Consular has a kid with both.
Bioware, please remember our companion spouses when doing new expansions. I want scenes, letters, or something from them, saying they're worried!

Click my referral link to get free rewards.

vadess
06.17.2015 , 02:49 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Funeral View Post
Signed.

We have the same discussion in the german RP Community. We even had a survey on if people would accept timejumps and for which periods. 5 years? 10? 20?

It occures that many people are thrilled and exited but about the same amount of people is deeply concerned. E.g. they are roleplaying a Padawan in the age of 14-18. If the timejump would be 10 years, they would be Jedi-Knight, most likely but the players don't want there characters to be Knights, but Padawans.

So, like stated above, it would be extremly helpful if you could tell us, if the timejump will be one year, five, ten or whatever.

Thank you
I will through in my weight with this, as a fellow Rper.

Neoforcer
06.17.2015 , 02:55 PM | #45
The Immortal Emperor VALKORION sensing the great power that Eric Musco had over Kai Zykken decided to clone Eric Musco for evil purposes. Using the great Rakata Mother Machine on belsavis so he could achieve his goals. The Mother Machine on belsavis sought to stop VALKORION in his tracks by making 2 clones of Eric as babies this caused great disgust in VALKORION. Who just wanted a strong new body for his life force to enter into making him younger again... The Immortal Emperor not sensing the clones of Eric Musco being full of UNLIMITED POWER! When VALKORION says to ARCANN son come with me who had just killed his brother in rage of VALKORION disapproval. All the sudden ARCANN calls on the great force power to call Kai Zykken to his side to help him kill VALKORION. Taking the Immortal throne for him self. ARCANN aka Eric Musco goes back to belsavis. To use the Rakata Mother Machine to bring his fallen brother back to life. Since a record of his pattern is stored in the Rakata Mother Machine just my theory..

ZionHalcyon
06.17.2015 , 02:55 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
Not sure if serious or joking?! Weehee.

@Charles: Thank you so much for your info. I have a good feeling now.

So many nice, helpful and funny yellow replies today. Like this, the forum is fun again.
I like to laugh, and those two are seriously the 2 funniest characters in the game, and they're both con artists, but one is arguably one the galaxy's all time best, and the other is absolutely horrible at it.

The comedy that could ensue - it would be like the criminal version of the Odd Couple.
Remain civil in the face of incivility, lest you be the barbarian.

ikinai
06.17.2015 , 03:03 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
I like to laugh, and those two are seriously the 2 funniest characters in the game, and they're both con artists, but one is arguably one the galaxy's all time best, and the other is absolutely horrible at it.

The comedy that could ensue - it would be like the criminal version of the Odd Couple.
That would make for one hilarious comic strip. Guss n' Gault on the Take.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School
Is this referral mic on? It's free stuff and stuff, in game.

ZionHalcyon
06.17.2015 , 03:05 PM | #48
Hey folks!

Seeing all of the discussion around our Knights of the Fallen Empire announcement has been awesome! It means a lot to the writing team to see how much yíall care about the details of the story and characters of SWTOR, and all of the insightful questions and debates that flow from that. Iím here to hopefully shed a bit of light on a few of the most common questions Iíve seen.

Up front, I think the best answer I can give to any story question is that itís always best to wait and see how the story itself will answer it. I personally just hate giving out spoilers, so I wonít be doing that here. I promise, the main storyline of KOTFE is all about the things yíall have been asking, and October is going to be here very soon. In the meantime, though, letís see if we canít at least clarify a couple of things now:
  • The Outlander: your characterís past will be a key part of their identity as the Outlander moving forward. The choices youíve made, romances youíve pursued, your class, etc are all a part of who your character is, and those decisions will be honored in KOTFE; often in unexpected ways. How that works for characters who are created at level 60 is something weíll dive into in the future, but we will not be setting a ďcanonĒ version of any class or world storyline. Your choices matter Ė thatís at the heart of our storytelling philosophy at BioWare.
  • Companions: thereís a ton of stuff going on with companions in this release, and weíre not ready to dive into most of it just yet. What I can say is that past companions will return in the story, sometimes as very critical parts of the overall story shared by all Outlanders. Which classes can recruit which characters, who can be romanced, who can you kill and who might betray you? Youíll have to play and see Finally, Iíve seen a lot of people referencing the KOTFE pageís character list as a list of companions Ė not everyone on that list will become a companion, and not every companion in the story is included in that list.
  • Valkorion: who is this guy? What happened to that other Emperor? Arenít they both actually Jadus, whoís secretly Kephess, whoís actually a mutated clone of Kai Zykken created by Fez Burba for the Star Cabalís secret war against the Shroud? OK, so I actually havenít seen that theory, but ITíS ALL TRUE TELL EVERYONE BEFORE ITíS TOO LA----

[Charles had to take a few days off to relax, but heíll be back in time to answer more questions at our Community Cantina event at San Diego Comic Con next month! - Musco]

I want Dark Jaesa, Guss Tuno, and Gault Rennow available on all my characters! Make it happen Boyd!!!!

(And please, some interaction too between Gault and Guss - the best and worst con artists in the galaxy, and the 2 funniest comps in the game. I want the hilarity!!!!)
Remain civil in the face of incivility, lest you be the barbarian.

Camelpockets
06.17.2015 , 03:08 PM | #49
Kephess.
If we don't get Kephess in the new expansion, I'm dropping SWTOR.
"We have winnowed all futures. The cull endures. It is optimal. It is necessary." - Shiva
Camels the Revanchist
The Pockets Legacy - Begeren Colony & Shadowlands

PorsaLindahl
06.17.2015 , 03:11 PM | #50
Hey folks!

Seeing all of the discussion around our Knights of the Fallen Empire announcement has been awesome! It means a lot to the writing team to see how much yíall care about the details of the story and characters of SWTOR, and all of the insightful questions and debates that flow from that. Iím here to hopefully shed a bit of light on a few of the most common questions Iíve seen.

Up front, I think the best answer I can give to any story question is that itís always best to wait and see how the story itself will answer it. I personally just hate giving out spoilers, so I wonít be doing that here. I promise, the main storyline of KOTFE is all about the things yíall have been asking, and October is going to be here very soon. In the meantime, though, letís see if we canít at least clarify a couple of things now:
  • The Outlander: your characterís past will be a key part of their identity as the Outlander moving forward. The choices youíve made, romances youíve pursued, your class, etc are all a part of who your character is, and those decisions will be honored in KOTFE; often in unexpected ways. How that works for characters who are created at level 60 is something weíll dive into in the future, but we will not be setting a ďcanonĒ version of any class or world storyline. Your choices matter Ė thatís at the heart of our storytelling philosophy at BioWare.
  • Companions: thereís a ton of stuff going on with companions in this release, and weíre not ready to dive into most of it just yet. What I can say is that past companions will return in the story, sometimes as very critical parts of the overall story shared by all Outlanders. Which classes can recruit which characters, who can be romanced, who can you kill and who might betray you? Youíll have to play and see Finally, Iíve seen a lot of people referencing the KOTFE pageís character list as a list of companions Ė not everyone on that list will become a companion, and not every companion in the story is included in that list.

[Charles had to take a few days off to relax, but heíll be back in time to answer more questions at our Community Cantina event at San Diego Comic Con next month! - Musco]
Can you be more vague with less writing?