Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

KOTFE Story and Companions

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darka
06.17.2015 , 01:44 PM | #21
So will our choices finally matter?

Will be interesting to see what matters about the decisions we made over the years
The Defender Program est 2006 Presents
@Darkatron @DefenderProgram on Facebook/Twitter
Owner of the Hat'o'Awesome

Diviciacus
06.17.2015 , 01:45 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by SebastiaanZ View Post
And how about Treek and HK? I assume since we've seen them added later on, we'll keep them no matter what?
Presumably, since one of them is gained via a quest, and the other is gained via either a vendor or the CM.
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

king_nile
06.17.2015 , 01:51 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlesBoyd View Post
The choices you’ve made, romances you’ve pursued, your class, etc are all a part of who your character is, and those decisions will be honored in KOTFE; often in unexpected ways. How that works for characters who are created at level 60 is something we’ll dive into in the future, but we will not be setting a “canon” version of any class or world storyline. Your choices matter – that’s at the heart of our storytelling philosophy at BioWare.
If anyone jumped into Mass Effect 2 without playing Mass Effect 1 (such as I did), you can probably take a guess how BioWare will solve this problem in KOTFE. At the start of ME2 without any of the prior decisions of ME1, BioWare had a brief questionnaire for you to decide your backstory (such as who you romanced) which definitely effects all the relationships between characters going forward. I'd imagine this is the simplest solution for them to implement... but not nearly as fun as running through 1-50 if you're looking for that BW story experience. I definitely felt like I missed something on ME1.

I get why people would want to skip to lvl 60 to get to the new content, but there are SO many hours of dialog and choices their going to miss out on if they haven't leveled the class yet. Its going to be a tough job for BW to sift through all 8 classes and pick out all of the critical decisions to define each class.
Click this Referral Link for free stuffs
Quote:
"You've never known real rage until you've been lectured on controlling your emotions by a four-year old in a robe."
- Guss Tuno

ZionHalcyon
06.17.2015 , 01:52 PM | #24
The one thing this tells me is that sadly, not all companions will be able to be recruited by all classes.

I really wanted to hook all my characters up with Guss Tuno and Gault.
Remain civil in the face of incivility, lest you be the barbarian.

JackJack
06.17.2015 , 01:53 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlesBoyd View Post
  • The Outlander: your character’s past will be a key part of their identity as the Outlander moving forward. The choices you’ve made, romances you’ve pursued, your class, etc are all a part of who your character is, and those decisions will be honored in KOTFE; often in unexpected ways.

So I'm curious, will this just take into account class stories, or will the decisions we made during side quests, primarily planetary arcs, be included as well? Most probably don't matter, but there were a few quests that seemed to be pretty important/interesting.

Nickious
06.17.2015 , 01:57 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
The one thing this tells me is that sadly, not all companions will be able to be recruited by all classes.

I really wanted to hook all my characters up with Guss Tuno and Gault.
I would like to unite companions that actually know each other.

Vette and Risha
Jorgen and Irresso
Doc and Kaliyo
Qzen and Mako

It was the nice touches that made each class seem like they were all sort of interconnected.
My Referral LInk: http://www.swtor.com/r/hRqjqk
Admittedly, I get a little bit more out of this deal than you do in the form of free CC but the benefits are nothing to scoff at, including 7 day sub and a free server transfer,
Click here for more info on how you can reap your own rewards.

ikinai
06.17.2015 , 02:00 PM | #27
Hmmm, my past decisions will be honored, huh? Not sure that's such a good thing. I mean smuggling ain't easy ya know, ya gotta do things, strange things, just sayin.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School
Is this referral mic on? It's free stuff and stuff, in game.

Darth-Funeral
06.17.2015 , 02:02 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrrant View Post
First off, thanks for the new info, and I really am interested in seeing where this new story goes!

That said, in the RP community I'm a part of (and I figure this is mirrored with a lot of others who are really into the RP scene), there's this real worry about the time skip. One has been confirmed as part of an IGN interview with your producer, and time skips are a... difficult thing to weave into RP stories, especially if they're significant time jumps.

If its a few months of a time skip, then that's fairly easy to deal with. But if it gets into years, or even decades, then there's the question of what happened to our RP characters, because it'd be silly to have them ALL get frozen in carbonite or what have you.

The longer the time jump, the more has to be done. We'll need to wrap up our current plots, figure out where they'll be in the world of the new content and what they were up to in the interim years. There's great potential for it, no question, but just knowing how much of a time skip we're looking at would be enormously helpful when it comes to figuring out how we're going to handle it.

Thanks.
Signed.

We have the same discussion in the german RP Community. We even had a survey on if people would accept timejumps and for which periods. 5 years? 10? 20?

It occures that many people are thrilled and exited but about the same amount of people is deeply concerned. E.g. they are roleplaying a Padawan in the age of 14-18. If the timejump would be 10 years, they would be Jedi-Knight, most likely but the players don't want there characters to be Knights, but Padawans.

So, like stated above, it would be extremly helpful if you could tell us, if the timejump will be one year, five, ten or whatever.

Thank you
Die Dunkle Seite bietet Macht um der Macht willen. Ihr müsst sie begehren und stets danach trachten. Ihr müsst Macht intensiver suchen als alle anderen, ohne Zurückhaltung und ohne Zögern.

XiamaraSimi
06.17.2015 , 02:02 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by king_nile View Post
If anyone jumped into Mass Effect 2 without playing Mass Effect 1 (such as I did), you can probably take a guess how BioWare will solve this problem in KOTFE. At the start of ME2 without any of the prior decisions of ME1, BioWare had a brief questionnaire for you to decide your backstory (such as who you romanced) which definitely effects all the relationships between characters going forward. I'd imagine this is the simplest solution for them to implement...

The fact that the game cant even remember that your characters are married/in relationships doesnt fill me with confidence that it will remember any other choices you made...

JackJack
06.17.2015 , 02:03 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Nickious View Post
I would like to unite companions that actually know each other.

Vette and Risha
Jorgen and Irresso
Doc and Kaliyo
Qzen and Mako
This springs to mind another question. Lets say my trooper meets Mako, will she reference the BH at all?, and if she does how will the game know how my BH played? Or will it just be super generic references like , "Oh I know a Bounty Hunter who one the Great Hunt once blah blah blah..." without going into any specifics on what decisions they made, and what kind of attitude they had?