So Bioware, about people bypassing the locked part on Ziost to fight the OP Boss etc.

MeNaCe-NZ

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rage is strong in this one. Do you intend to continue your subscription in order to post these entertaining rants in the future? Or will you be letting your subscription lapse in which case let me be the first to ask for your stuff. :D

Nope but you could probably do your part to encourage BW's "hard work" by buying yourself some Cartel Coins that only go toward more costumes and half-assed content.

People like you deserve SWTOR

why you salty, though?

why you salty, though?

I wanted this game to be better. A lot better. The drive, passion, determination, and competence simply isn't there with Bioware and EA. I wish it was. I grew up loving Star Wars and if there was anything I would have committed to in MMOs it would have been a high quality Star Wars MMO.

That is never going to happen.

So yeah I'm salty. Yeah, it pisses me off that people don't do what would really get EA to improve the quality of the game, which is put their money where their mouths are. If they closed SWTOR down because of a mass exodus and their business model failing, then another dev studio would embrace that opportunity, just like how EA shut down Maxis Emeryville (SimCity) and Colossal Order built the best city simulator in the last 15 years with less resources and a more inspired effort.

EA is too cynical and cold as a company to consider the possibility of reducing some of the quarterly profits to make their games higher quality. Quality is just subjective to them. Quality is a marketing word, not something that means anything to their decision makers. Their devs are basically prisoners, stuck with having to change their stories to fit a political agenda that applies to 1% of the population, sticking to tropes and characters that have to be marketable, and to do so with a budget that barely increases the more profits they make.

FFXIV does not spare any effort in building the best possible MMO they can offer. The sheer amount of content they have made since 2013 a full TWO YEARS younger than SWTOR completely obliterates this game. The raid progression is better, the 4 man dungeon content is almost TRIPLE SWTOR's, the PvP is better, the setting is more aesthetically pleasing, and even the story at this point is better. There are a ton of minigames, just as much visual customization, and by far the best system for getting people of all item levels to be able to queue up together without breaking immersion. The crafting system is by far the best in the MMO industry, and their economy isn't propped up by RMT gimmicks that just cause more inflation every patch.

VA is great, but let's be honest this game's story is carried HARD by the 1-50 experience. SoR is carried by the JK storyline's portrayal of the Emperor and BW's Revan arc going back to KotOR. FFXIV has an excellent story that is getting better every patch. You don't get to have the same customized individual character, but the world is so rich that it's okay to be the silent ****** who gets so much **** done.

It's just heartbreaking that this is the best effort EA and BW are capable of. They really don't see this as an art form. It's nothing of the sort to them.

I love how it's never "I like chocolate and you like strawberry" it's always "The things you like are bad and you are dumb for liking them! Rawr!"

Well its stupid you like chocolate when strawberry tastes so much better. There can be no compromise. Let us fight to the death!

Edited by Nickious

I wanted this game to be better. A lot better. The drive, passion, determination, and competence simply isn't there with Bioware and EA. I wish it was. I grew up loving Star Wars and if there was anything I would have committed to in MMOs it would have been a high quality Star Wars MMO.

So yeah I'm salty. Yeah, it pisses me off that people don't do what would really get EA to improve the quality of the game, which is put their money where their mouths are. If they closed SWTOR down because of a mass exodus and their business model failing, then another dev studio would embrace that opportunity, just like how EA shut down Maxis Emeryville (SimCity) and Colossal Order built the best city simulator in the last 15 years with less resources and a more inspired effort.

EA is too cynical and cold as a company to consider the possibility of reducing some of the quarterly profits to make their games higher quality. Quality is just subjective to them. Quality is a marketing word, not something that means anything to their decision makers. Their devs are basically prisoners, stuck with having to change their stories to fit a political agenda that applies to 1% of the population, sticking to tropes and characters that have to be marketable, and to do so with a budget that barely increases the more profits they make.

FFXIV does not spare any effort in building the best possible MMO they can offer. The sheer amount of content they have made since 2013 a full TWO YEARS younger than SWTOR completely obliterates this game. The raid progression is better, the 4 man dungeon content is almost TRIPLE SWTOR's, the PvP is better, the setting is more aesthetically pleasing, and even the story at this point is better. There are a ton of minigames, just as much visual customization, and by far the best system for getting people of all item levels to be able to queue up together without breaking immersion. The crafting system is by far the best in the MMO industry, and their economy isn't propped up by RMT gimmicks that just cause more inflation every patch.

VA is great, but let's be honest this game's story is carried HARD by the 1-50 experience. SoR is carried by the JK storyline's portrayal of the Emperor and BW's Revan arc going back to KotOR. FFXIV has an excellent story that is getting better every patch. You don't get to have the same customized individual character, but the world is so rich that it's okay to be the silent ****** who gets so much **** done.

It's just heartbreaking that this is the best effort EA and BW are capable of. They really don't see this as an art form. It's nothing of the sort to them.

So your issue is that the game did not live up to what you wanted from it. That is fine. I still want to know how you were wronged to the point that you are raging against the game.

Is it intended that you need to finish the story quests before accessing the area?

So getting guild ship summoned to the area without first completing the story quests would be considered exploit and will be getting banned ?

My whole problem with your post there is you think everyone is displeased with the product thus everyone should put their money where their mouths are.

I pay money because I enjoy the product, yes it could be better but I get what I pay for I feel else I would stop paying for it.

I think you will find the majority are the same and those that truly got disillusioned with the game ( especially around the slot machine fiasco ) did indeed quit the game or stop buying packs/crates ( at least so they tell us ).

If we all just stopped playing/paying there would just be no star wars mmo for many years. They wouldn't go out and just make another one hoping it worked better and they wouldn't keep this one going trying to improve if it failed to remain profitable, it would just close and that would be that.

Is it intended that you need to finish the story quests before accessing the area?

So getting guild ship summoned to the area without first completing the story quests would be considered exploit and will be getting banned ?

There was an area they didn't want people to access until May the 4th. It's now May the 4th and the restriction they put in place has been removed thus you can go in there however you feel.

My whole problem with your post there is you think everyone is displeased with the product thus everyone should put their money where their mouths are.

It seems to me his point is something closer to:

My whole problem with your post there is you think everyone is displeased with the product thus everyone should put their money where your mouth is.

because as you said, not everyone is disappointed with the game.

:rolleyes: Because the two are so interchangeable right?

You're right...they don't see this as anything other than a business...an EA business at that. This isn't about "art", it's 100% about making money. I wish it were different too, but like you said, it's never going to change. What we have is what we have...far from perfect, but better than the alternative imo.

:rolleyes: Because the two are so interchangeable right?

It's honestly a more valid question than you might think. While the gear is now available to the playerbase as a whole, is guild summoning to a no-longer-accessible area an exploit? If I recall correctly, the first area of Ziost contains repeatable missions which can no longer be accessed after the final mission. By using a guild summons to circumvent the intentionally unavailable areas, you technically gain an unfair advantage over players who only go where the game normally allows them to.

Do I think they should deem it an exploit? Not in the slightest. What I am saying is that if they decide this is an exploit, they do have sufficient grounds to do so.

Edited by idnewton

It's honestly a more valid question than you might think. While the gear is now available to the playerbase as a whole, is guild summoning to a no-longer-accessible area an exploit? If I recall correctly, the first area of Ziost contains repeatable missions which can no longer be accessed after the final mission. By using a guild summons to circumvent the intentionally unavailable areas, you technically gain an unfair advantage over players who only go where the game normally allows them to.

Do I think they should deem it an exploit? Not in the slightest. What I am saying is that if they decide this is an exploit, they do have sufficient grounds to do so.

No its really not an "unfair advantage". If someone gets summoned to the new areas they cant do any of the quests, including the ops weekly. although they can still do the new op just not the weekly. And the first area of Ziost does not contain repeatable missions. They were all one time missions. Everyone has access to the first part of Ziost and everyone has access to the second part, so to claim there is an unfair advantage is just ridiculous lawyering by people pissed off they got in trouble

Edited by Danery

You're right...they don't see this as anything other than a business...an EA business at that. This isn't about "art", it's 100% about making money. I wish it were different too, but like you said, it's never going to change. What we have is what we have...far from perfect, but better than the alternative imo.

Name an MMO that is not regarded as a business? There aren't any. Given that, what alternative would you ever expect to see to "greedy, money grubbing" EA?" Generous, benevolent Warner Brothers? Charity-minded Blizzard? "It's all for the love of the game" SOE? Not-for-profit NCSoft?

Name an MMO that is not regarded as a business? There aren't any. Given that, what alternative would you ever expect to see to "greedy, money grubbing" EA?" Generous, benevolent Warner Brothers? Charity-minded Blizzard? "It's all for the love of the game" SOE? Not-for-profit NCSoft?

Why ask me when I'm the one who said it WAS a business? List your own, I'm not going to disprove my own belief. Or were you so anxious to disagree with me on something that you failed to read what I had quoted?

Why ask me when I'm the one who said it WAS a business? List your own, I'm not going to disprove my own belief. Or were you so anxious to disagree with me on something that you failed to read what I had quoted?

.they don't see this as anything other than a business...an EA business at that. [...] I wish it were different too

You wish it were different. What is the alternative? Just your "wish?" There is no alternative. Every MMO is about money, It has nothing to do specifically with EA. You just want to bash EA. Fine, bash away if it makes you feel better. You'd be bashing any other company just as much. That's the point.

You wish it were different. What is the alternative? Just your "wish?" There is no alternative. Every MMO is about money, It has nothing to do specifically with EA. You just want to bash EA. Fine, bash away if it makes you feel better. You'd be bashing any other company just as much. That's the point.

I do wish it were different. I wish SWTOR mattered in the BIG PICTURE to EA, but it doesn't. EA is about Madden, FIFA and multi-platform console games that dwarf SWTOR in terms of revenue, games that can launch a completely fresh "BOX" by simply changing the name from 2015 to 2016. Like the guy I had quoted, I too wish making games was about "art" and making good games, I have no doubt they'd probably be far better...but it's not...it's a business and it's about financial gains.

And why the hell would I bash any other company? I'm not paying any other company, I'm paying EA. Why would I bash Blizzard when they don't get a dime from me? If you wanna bash other companies, go for it.