Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What happened to Bestia on council NiM?

csilvajonas
07.28.2021 , 06:27 PM | #11
The game is just turning into a walking joke. Next update the Dread Masters will fight between them and we just watch, Bestia is done with Tyrans so she decides to go on a rampage. The Apex is tired and will just break out of Dxun, spawning at random places and planets around the game. The Cartel Warlords fired Sunder and got Karagga as a replacement. It's evolving, just backwards. I have to say, it's a really smart AI we have right now, to see ops bosses evolving and adapting to what we do? I don't think bioware is capable of doing this, i think the game is sentient at this point. What is next? A surprise, we don't need tactics if it's one new fight each day. Nice job bioware, i have to say, when i asked for new content, i was not expecting this. It's like playing a new game each day, it's awesome!

RikuvonDrake
07.30.2021 , 03:33 PM | #12
just learn the new bestia kiting pattern or tank swap/have a dwt taunt bestia to reset stacks, and sunder is hardly a noticeable change. the horror of having to execute mechanics

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

csilvajonas
07.30.2021 , 06:39 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
just learn the new bestia kiting pattern or tank swap/have a dwt taunt bestia to reset stacks, and sunder is hardly a noticeable change. the horror of having to execute mechanics
Ah yes, the horror. Can you explain to me why add a mechanic like those holocrons we need to pick? Because for me it means the fight was not made for a tank swap. So, technically, kiting her is doing the fight as intended. Which means it should be doable for all 3 tank classes, but right now it's not doable with vg/pt. If you use a dwt you're skipping mechanics from the fight, because the fight was not made for that. And Sunder might not be something you noticed any changes, but you're one person. I've seen him doing a moonwalk mid fight and hit a tank from the other side of the room. I've seen a tank being kited by him due to the amount of desync it had.

RikuvonDrake
07.30.2021 , 07:48 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by csilvajonas View Post
Ah yes, the horror. Can you explain to me why add a mechanic like those holocrons we need to pick? Because for me it means the fight was not made for a tank swap. So, technically, kiting her is doing the fight as intended. Which means it should be doable for all 3 tank classes, but right now it's not doable with vg/pt. If you use a dwt you're skipping mechanics from the fight, because the fight was not made for that. And Sunder might not be something you noticed any changes, but you're one person. I've seen him doing a moonwalk mid fight and hit a tank from the other side of the room. I've seen a tank being kited by him due to the amount of desync it had.
I don't really care much, the fight was initially cleared by groups using tank swaps both on HM and Nightmare so its not really a new thing, its just tanks figured out how to cheese the bestia stacks which ensured they could just avoid that entire mechanic. i agree with you that its weird that they changed it at this point but at the same time its not the first time they change something in an old ops years after it was introduced to avoid players cheesing mechanics

at some point tanks gotta face reality and try to actually just do the mechanic

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

LireTenebra
07.31.2021 , 03:57 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
I don't really care much, the fight was initially cleared by groups using tank swaps both on HM and Nightmare so its not really a new thing, its just tanks figured out how to cheese the bestia stacks which ensured they could just avoid that entire mechanic. i agree with you that its weird that they changed it at this point but at the same time its not the first time they change something in an old ops years after it was introduced to avoid players cheesing mechanics

at some point tanks gotta face reality and try to actually just do the mechanic

It's not about doing or not doing the mechanic. It's about horrific amounts of desync, weird behavior from the bosses but most importantly the fact that that behavior was NOT justified by the devs in any way. They did not change the fight, they broke it. Plain and simple. You would do better to straighten up from the position of 90 degrees angle between your toes and your face at which you're standing whilst turned to the devs with your back. This wasn't an official change and we have the right to be unhappy about it.
Rise to the Dark