1.2 pvp a love hate.. depending on where you stand..

troyh

My thoughts on pvp 1.2

My

Level 50 BM BH on a winning 85%+ server: Best patch ever.. stop QQing..

Level 50 Marauder on a winning 85% server: OMG LOVE the patch. Don't change a thing.. sick of everyone crying. I get tons of comms and kills and crits.. Healers are just mad because they are not overpowered anymore. L2P, you shouldn't get rewards if your losing.. Try harder.

Level 50 BM Sage Healer on a losing 90%+ server: Worse patch ever. Cant stay alive long enough to heal. DMG buff and no Heal buff? *** was bioware thinking.. Im lucky to get 0-40 comms (15-20 avg) if I ignore my healing role and goals and try to farm medals. Too bad I usually try to play my class correctly and I am lucky to get any rewards now. Request Rollback..

Final thoughts: If you are on a winning server or play DPS your probably loving the patch. However, unless your either blind or selfish this patch is the worst thing that has happen to pvp for this game since launch. I think being on both sides of the fence I can confidently say BW needs to fix something FAST! If your going to respond to this or any other comments about loving or hating the patch.. please list your Class - Type - and Win %. Im curious to see how many people on losing servers think this patch is good? It isnt a matter of L2P or change your rotation. The patch clearly favors one side over the other.. PVP is supposed to be balanced. Its far from it now. I dont see what was wrong with 1.1.5??

PS.. BW PLEASE MAKE A STATEMENT! I have been checking for one since the patch released and still not one about the mess that is PVP now. Ill even take a "We are looking into it". Restore SOME faith in the pvp community.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I thought you were trolling at the first part, but then you started talking logical.

You hit it on the money man. I am with you on hoping they give some sort of an announcement of they are at least looking into it.

Also for the record I play a healer and tank class. I loved to heal pre 1.2 now I cant even get a heal off before dieing. Yay.

On my tank not only can I not do damage now but I have no survivability. Yay.

I am on a server that wz was usually 60/40 in favor of the other side. And lower pop so that never helps.

Edited by GeKaLoN

I am a valor 73 Jedi Shadow (Balance), winning about 70% of the time. And I really hate the new "balance." My class technically was not changed, but I was implicitly nerfed through the buffing of sents/guards.

Before 1.2 there was already a lot of talk about how there was no reason to take a dps shadow over a dps sent in a pvp ops. Now that sents' damage is bigger, it's even worse.

So far I've been able to retain a pretty good win rate based on good teamwork, but there are several imp teams on my server that run heavy Jugg/Mara, and they just run all over me now.

I kinda agree.have logged in for the first time today to play patch 1.2 (Playing a JC Seer Sage)

Apart from the changes to the class itself it does feel like most players cannot be healed for long and unless a guarder is around that by chance guard the target. the supporting role of my class seems broken somehow.

Too much rupts, to much damage that I cannot effectively outheal in the same amount of time.

Wonder if the damage role might be more fun ... certainly looks like it is at the moment. Prolly should try it :)

could'nt agree more this patch has ruined pvp in my eyes im playing a marauder mostly carnage spec since patch and have atleast 90% win ratio since patch (no losses today). But for me it has gotten to a point where i am losing interest in pvp because it isnt enjoyable.

I personally think that the main problem with warzones pre 1.2 was down to healers with guard on them even then if you played well you could still deal with this and imho all that needed to be done to fix wzs was to fix guard.

Now it has just gotten to the point where i dont care what i focus on because even if they use cd's have guard etc on them i can still burn them down, which has just turned this game into more of a zergfest than it already was theres no skill involved in this any more its just who can zerg people down faster and in my eyes isnt the way forward for a pvp scene.

"Somebody please mark the DPS!" or "Jerrichovanus (or whatever) is their tank, please kill him!" Has anyone ever heard either of those in a WZ? No? There is a reason for that.

I'm not knocking on healers, in fact unless someone else truly shines, healers typically receive my MVP vote.

But there is a reason everyone makes it their first priority to kill the healers. The presence of even 1 competent healer makes it almost impossible to take an objective.

Is that fair? In a previous post someone was complaining that they can't out-heal someone's damage unless that person is already being guarded. Is that a fair expectation, to have your healing completely cancel out someone's attacks? Let's not forget, healers can also do some damage themselves... So you'll pardon me if I am not too sympathetic that healers can't completely out-heal my DPS toon's damage, AND attack me, all while I am presumably being attacked by whomever I am damaging to begin with.

If you want healing to completely override damage, then healers shouldn't be allowed to deal damage. I am a decent DPS. I lead the WZ in damage 75% of the time, and am top 3 99% of the time. But my damage total is never more than a healer's 'healing+damage' total.

The nerf was deserved, sorry.

So a healer which is responsible for 4-8 people should not have as much healing/damage as the top DPS? This is your logic? Your obviously one of the top two examples I gave above.

Also, On a match where I do 300-400k healing my dps output may be 30-40k (dots applied to slow attackers, never intended to kill). If you cant 1v1 a healer before they kill you then your fail (stun/interupt). I think what used to happen pre-1.2 was more like this.. Healer vs 1 DPS.. Heal tank.. heal tank.. heal tank.. DPS gives up and leaves. Meantime DPS held up the healer from helping their team. So did the healer really win or the DPS?

Everyone really need to take a step back and say is this change for the better? Did it make PVP more competitive? Healers are generally selfless people that have taken on the role to help. When our efforts are lost and more help can be gained by rerolling dps you will see the loss of healers in pvp. I think the only reason all have not stopped healing is because already invested in the healing gear and don't want to start the grind over with little to no rewards offered if your on an unbalanced server.

btw.. still no response from Bioware.

"Somebody please mark the DPS!" or "Jerrichovanus (or whatever) is their tank, please kill him!" Has anyone ever heard either of those in a WZ? No? There is a reason for that.

I'm not knocking on healers, in fact unless someone else truly shines, healers typically receive my MVP vote.

But there is a reason everyone makes it their first priority to kill the healers. The presence of even 1 competent healer makes it almost impossible to take an objective.

Is that fair? In a previous post someone was complaining that they can't out-heal someone's damage unless that person is already being guarded. Is that a fair expectation, to have your healing completely cancel out someone's attacks? Let's not forget, healers can also do some damage themselves... So you'll pardon me if I am not too sympathetic that healers can't completely out-heal my DPS toon's damage, AND attack me, all while I am presumably being attacked by whomever I am damaging to begin with.

If you want healing to completely override damage, then healers shouldn't be allowed to deal damage. I am a decent DPS. I lead the WZ in damage 75% of the time, and am top 3 99% of the time. But my damage total is never more than a healer's 'healing+damage' total.

The nerf was deserved, sorry.

You are actually very very off base here. If a healer can't negate a dpsers damage then there is no purpose to having a healer over another dps.

Oh, and healers could never do damage to you while healing their team and themselves. Don't lie. Just keep enjoying the imbalance.

See the rest of my healing brethren in the next big mmos!

My thoughts on pvp 1.2

My

Level 50 Marauder on a winning 85% server: OMG LOVE the patch. Don't change a thing.. sick of everyone crying. I get tons of comms and kills and crits.. Healers are just mad because they are not overpowered anymore. L2P, you shouldn't get rewards if your losing.. Try harder.

Level 50 BM Sage Healer on a losing 90%+ server: Worse patch ever. Cant stay alive long enough to heal. DMG buff and no Heal buff? *** was bioware thinking.. Im lucky to get 0-40 comms (15-20 avg) if I ignore my healing role and goals and try to farm medals. Too bad I usually try to play my class correctly and I am lucky to get any rewards now. Request Rollback..

Final thoughts: If you are on a winning server or play DPS your probably loving the patch. However, unless your either blind or selfish this patch is the worst thing that has happen to pvp for this game since launch. I think being on both sides of the fence I can confidently say BW needs to fix something FAST! If your going to respond to this or any other comments about loving or hating the patch.. please list your Class - Type - and Win %. Im curious to see how many people on losing servers think this patch is good? It isnt a matter of L2P or change your rotation. The patch clearly favors one side over the other.. PVP is supposed to be balanced. Its far from it now. I dont see what was wrong with 1.1.5??

PS.. BW PLEASE MAKE A STATEMENT! I have been checking for one since the patch released and still not one about the mess that is PVP now. Ill even take a "We are looking into it". Restore SOME faith in the pvp community.

Thats the problem, they never communicate properly with the community. Would lessen a lot of angry typing an unsubbing perhaps.

They are too bussy writing worthless statements that people are whines if they dont like the changes. Good customer management.

The only players who benefited from this patch were already the best players and indeed the best geared players on the server. GEARWARS ftw.

It was far more competitive pre 1.2 when you could still play on an almost even field wearing Champion gear.

My thoughts on pvp 1.2

My

Sorc healer BM BiS BM gear, used to win most my matches but ofc had losses as well, if i ran with my premade of of BiS BM geared ppl we would win lots, but lose if we faced an equally geared team with a better comp, understandable and I had no problem with pre 1.2. But now it doesn't really matter, I queue with the same group i always queued with except now i lose a hell of a lot more than I used to, so far i've played about 30 wzs and I've only won 6, just enough to get my dailies done friday and saturday. So i guess I'm sitting at around 20% win ratio now in comparison to my 60-70% win ratio we had before.

I've posted enough on other threads showing my point about healing in general, but mostly sorc healers at the moment. I'm not going to switch to dps because I have my full BM healer set, all my friends right now seem to be have no problem with the patch because they're dps or my one friend who is operative healer. But doesn't matter when I got not only nerfed as class, but that every other dps class now has at least 5% more dmg on me, and i lost at least 1% healing in pvp. It just seems like I spent 90% of my time trying to heal myself through damage which ends up making me useless to the group I'm in. The only wins I've had so far were because the other team would ignore me and let me heal away, which makes sense because you shouldn't let healers heal away anyways.

I'm just not understanding the whole okay let's buff the **** outta dps, reduce my health as sorc by at least 400, reduce my healing in pvp, nerf my talents so i no longer have a burst heal.

Just seems like no matter what rotation I do, how hard i try to LoS, CC, or run away from whoever is doing damage to me, I'm going to die at least twice as fast as before, and that now it doesn't seem to matter if they have champion or BM gear, most dps classes can just whack away at me, interrupt me when they can, then I'll be done for immediately.

I'm just gonna take a break from this game, if no changes are made, then I'm just going to quit this game.

Btw, I also have a jugg in full champ gear, somehow, all of a sudden with this patch, I can hop on the best sage healer on republic side and pump out enough dps to cause him to heal himself for the entirety of me attacking him, making him useless to his team. Just doesn't seem right.

You are actually very very off base here. If a healer can't negate a dpsers damage then there is no purpose to having a healer over another dps.

Oh, and healers could never do damage to you while healing their team and themselves. Don't lie. Just keep enjoying the imbalance.

See the rest of my healing brethren in the next big mmos!

Ur sig says it all unsubbing cause u got nerfed. ur pathetic

Sorc healer BM BiS BM gear, used to win most my matches but ofc had losses as well, if i ran with my premade of of BiS BM geared ppl we would win lots, but lose if we faced an equally geared team with a better comp, understandable and I had no problem with pre 1.2. But now it doesn't really matter, I queue with the same group i always queued with except now i lose a hell of a lot more than I used to, so far i've played about 30 wzs and I've only won 6, just enough to get my dailies done friday and saturday. So i guess I'm sitting at around 20% win ratio now in comparison to my 60-70% win ratio we had before.

I've posted enough on other threads showing my point about healing in general, but mostly sorc healers at the moment. I'm not going to switch to dps because I have my full BM healer set, all my friends right now seem to be have no problem with the patch because they're dps or my one friend who is operative healer. But doesn't matter when I got not only nerfed as class, but that every other dps class now has at least 5% more dmg on me, and i lost at least 1% healing in pvp. It just seems like I spent 90% of my time trying to heal myself through damage which ends up making me useless to the group I'm in. The only wins I've had so far were because the other team would ignore me and let me heal away, which makes sense because you shouldn't let healers heal away anyways.

I'm just not understanding the whole okay let's buff the **** outta dps, reduce my health as sorc by at least 400, reduce my healing in pvp, nerf my talents so i no longer have a burst heal.

Just seems like no matter what rotation I do, how hard i try to LoS, CC, or run away from whoever is doing damage to me, I'm going to die at least twice as fast as before, and that now it doesn't seem to matter if they have champion or BM gear, most dps classes can just whack away at me, interrupt me when they can, then I'll be done for immediately.

I'm just gonna take a break from this game, if no changes are made, then I'm just going to quit this game.

Btw, I also have a jugg in full champ gear, somehow, all of a sudden with this patch, I can hop on the best sage healer on republic side and pump out enough dps to cause him to heal himself for the entirety of me attacking him, making him useless to his team. Just doesn't seem right.

Well genius, its the other teams job to make u inaffective to ur team....in 1.2 it is now possible to do so. This is what being balance feels like. Iknow it may be hard to remember since ur class has been over the top since launch.......

worst "fix" ever.

The only people who like this play imperial, and like wining 100% of the time. As a republic player (scoundrel) I went from top warzone damage and getting way more medals then counted for rewards, to dying instantly when looked at, and having to scramble just to get enough medals to get any rewards at all. I went from wining 1/3 of my games, to losing every one.

1.2 made the gear gap between republic and imperial even larger as now the imps get plenty of commendations to buy all their bm gear, and the republic players don't get any commendations so they cant get a single piece of any gear.

frustrating doesn't even begin to describe. I used to like this game, now I'm looking for a new one cause this one got broken.

sigh

Well genius, its the other teams job to make u inaffective to ur team....in 1.2 it is now possible to do so. This is what being balance feels like. Iknow it may be hard to remember since ur class has been over the top since launch.......

So by your logic a healer should curl up and die whenever a DPS pisses in his general direction, yes?

Pre-1.2, a good DPS could render a healer ineffective to their team by pressuring them to heal themselves and interrupt the bigger heals to render them nigh useless.

Right now, a DPS walks up to a healer (apart from Operatives/Scoundrels that know what they're doing), hits him four times and drops the healer. Sounds fairly balanced to you?

Nevermind arguing with you, just found out the class you play.

nope tooltip on my dps guardian says top damage of 4500 ish

You're a DPS Guardian, of course you're happy with the changes. You can run up to someone, three-shot them (figure of speech, most of the times) and walk away again.

So if you were in a healer's shoes, would you like a game of spawning, throwing two heals, getting gibbed, respawning? Yes, I simplified it, but that's how it currently is on Live servers. Does that sound like fun and engaging combat to you? Just answer that question, don't come spewing nonsense about how it's now finally "balanced".

For those with full BM gear playing against each another, the PvP is still competitive. However when you put add in those not in BM, then the gear divide become brutal.

The issue is the Champion gear. Most casual PvPer before 1.2 will have a few piece of champion/centurian + their Columi/Rakata, and you only need 400~ expertise (8%) to make themselves competitive against BM. The champion gear didn't get upgraded, and there are no expertise mod/enhancement for sale yet. That means you have 2 choices:

1) Get facerolled wearing the recruit gear which gives you <13khp and 1000 stats.

2) Get facerolled wearing your champion/centurian gear.

There used to be a 'middle tier' : gear that are not 'the best', but can be obtained easily and makes you competitive. BM is now the 'middle tier', however it now takes much, much longer to obtain, and you can no longer 'mix and match'. The focus on expertise means you will be penalized severely if you use your PvE gear, and the reduction in gear stats means PvP gear will also suck in PvE. So the PvE player who PvP a bit, or a PvPer who PvE a bit, will no longer be effective.

In the end, it doesn't matter since I won't be PvPing anymore. This is a shame, as I rather enjoyed PvP prior to from 1.1-1.2. At least the PvE content in 1.2 is good.

PvP is far more fun now, a healer can no longer tank damage - they should never have been able to to begin with. Tanks(specifically sin/shadow) also appear to be more balanced now.

Marauders damage reduction abilities might need some adjustment but overall pvp is far, far better.

Edited by LoKiei

PvP is far more fun now, a healer can no longer tank damage - they should never have been able to to begin with. Tanks(specifically sin/shadow) also appear to be more balanced now.

Marauders damage reduction abilities might need some adjustment but overall pvp is far, far better.

Same question to you. Should a healer in a 1v1 with a DPS just roll up and die? Does that sound balanced to you?