Quick idea to visually spice up the game very easily.

Dein_Cathair

Two Tactical slots

1 Keep it as it is

2 Make it for cosmetic tactical items

It should have been in a loooong time ago

Changing combat based tactical items to cosmetic ones are a pain and makes it feel like forced vanity.

Just add a second slot and you add more visual diversity.

What kind of things would a cosmetic tactical do?

Hi,

There are currently several tactical items that affect your mount but nobody uses them clearly because we only have 1 tactical slot and being lazy is the norm for humans. You can view them on the event vendors in the cartel bazaar

I'm relating my own personal observations. Changing out your combat tactical for one that affects mounts is a pain. And then you have to switch it back.

Adding a 2nd tactical cosmetic slot alleviates the problem, AND gives the devs an outlet for more content

If you want me to brainstorm new cosmetic tactical items, just ask. #easy

On 9/26/2022 at 4:58 PM, Dein_Cathair said:

Hi,

There are currently several tactical items that affect your mount but nobody uses them clearly because we only have 1 tactical slot and being lazy is the norm for humans. You can view them on the event vendors in the cartel bazaar

Yes, I know about them.  One of them actually has (had?) a minor gameplay effect, where by mounting and dismounting very quickly (with mount-while-moving turned on, naturally) you kept the speed boost from the tactical running more or less continuously.

I'm relating my own personal observations. Changing out your combat tactical for one that affects mounts is a pain. And then you have to switch it back.

No, it's easy.  One time, drop them from your character sheet onto a quickbar, then each time you want to switch *to* tactical X, press its quickbar button.

Adding a 2nd tactical cosmetic slot alleviates the problem, AND gives the devs an outlet for more content

Except that the problem isn't as problemish as you think (see above).

That said, the idea of cosmetic tacticals (the name isn't really ideal, but whatever) is a nice one.

If you want me to brainstorm new cosmetic tactical items, just ask. #easy

I *did* ask.

I would call them Utility tacticals. As far as I know there's five of these? The three from Swoop Racing and two from Feast of Prosperity. Also, they should be disabled in combat and any group activities like flashpoints, warzones, and operations. The regular ones could be called Role tacticals, since they improve what you do in your role (dps, tank, healer) and would be active at all times just as they are now.

3 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Yes, I know about them.  One of them actually has (had?) a minor gameplay effect, where by mounting and dismounting very quickly (with mount-while-moving turned on, naturally) you kept the speed boost from the tactical running more or less continuously.

No, it's easy.  One time, drop them from your character sheet onto a quickbar, then each time you want to switch *to* tactical X, press its quickbar button.

Except that the problem isn't as problemish as you think (see above).

That said, the idea of cosmetic tacticals (the name isn't really ideal, but whatever) is a nice one.

I *did* ask.

Well, if there wasn't a problem, we'd see more people using them.

This is not the case.

I only use the mount tacticals on lowbies

If it is daylight, the sun is in the sky

If people are using it, it is implemented  correctly.

Now, you can use logic statements to dispute the popularity of the items based on whether (personal opinion) they are up to speed to make people want to equip them, but facts are facts.  Hardly anyone uses them.

2 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

I would call them Utility tacticals. As far as I know there's five of these? The three from Swoop Racing and two from Feast of Prosperity. Also, they should be disabled in combat and any group activities like flashpoints, warzones, and operations. The regular ones could be called Role tacticals, since they improve what you do in your role (dps, tank, healer) and would be active at all times just as they are now.

Hi,

I differentiated them in this manner for a reason.

1 Combat

2 Cosmetic

Mount/visual/? would all fall under the cosmetic tag.

Not a big deal, just my thought process.

8 minutes ago, Dein_Cathair said:

Hi,

I differentiated them in this manner for a reason.

1 Combat

2 Cosmetic

Mount/visual/? would all fall under the cosmetic tag.

Not a big deal, just my thought process.

Yeah, Combat is probably a better name for the regular ones. Cosmetic makes sense if they are just visual changes, but some of them do more than that (e.g. Feast of Prosperity ones give more rewards from the dailies).

9 minutes ago, ThanderSnB said:

Yeah, Combat is probably a better name for the regular ones. Cosmetic makes sense if they are just visual changes, but some of them do more than that (e.g. Feast of Prosperity ones give more rewards from the dailies).

Point taken :)

I'm just brainstorming, you're naming for an actual system/ the players.

4 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

I did want to agree with the conclusion regarding lag.

Two solutions

1. Periodic visual displays are disabled while in a group for the 2nd tactical slot

2 A toggle in settings

7 minutes ago, Dein_Cathair said:

I did want to agree with the conclusion regarding lag.

Two solutions

1. Periodic visual displays are disabled while in a group for the 2nd tactical slot

2 A toggle in settings

I was thinking more about balance. If they just change visuals, I don't see anything wrong with them working all the time.

My general opinion is that the cosmetic slot shouldn't be called a "Tactical" at all, because that word sounds too combat-ish.

7 hours ago, Dein_Cathair said:

Well, if there wasn't a problem, we'd see more people using them.

This is not the case.

Possibly because people don't think of putting them into quickbars.  They work just fine there, and make switching really easy.