Is it explained how valkorion is defeated?

ralphieceaser

• 2 weeks later...

I think...

It's not 'just' The Commander's mind defeating Valkorian, not 'just' Vaylin's conditioning defeating Valkorian, it's Arcann's need to redeem himself, Senya's desire for justice, Vaylin's lust for revenge, and whatever the player decides drives The Commander coming together to overpower Valkorian. Together, they're stronger than he is. It's shown as 'Kneel Before The Dragon Of Zakuul' to both provide a callback to earlier in the game and, I think, a focal point for all those minds? souls? there - Vaylin tells him to kneel, that's the unconscious cue for all of them to exert their will, independently and yet together, and bring Valkorian to his knees.

It's shown earlier on Voss that The Emperor can be overpowered by an equally strong entity, when the Warrior has to kill his Voice to free him from Baras' trap, and more recently...

In "Echos of Oblivion", when T/V/V's little Xanatos Gambit fails because the spirits and energy of all those he has made suffer for over ten thousand years come together to wipe him from existence once and for all.

So there's events elsewhere that support my theory, but that's all it is, a theory...

• 7 months later...
Cuz the explanation "my mind, my rules" feels kinda lacking, what exactly happened to make him susceptible to veilyn's command

When the Outlander killed Vaylin at Odessan, they also absorbed her power (essense?) into them while still having Valkorian in there as well. Could be because Valkorian had Vaylin inside of him when he betrayed the commander when they took the throne, that Vaylin was able to use the command on him in return.