Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remember.................

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Remember.................

foxmob
04.23.2021 , 02:19 PM | #11
just creating new accounts? I'm impressed that BW do anything to stop that.
Krack

JediMasterAlex
04.23.2021 , 02:23 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
Well yeah. Permanent bans would mean very little if you could freely circumvent them by creating a new account. Sometimes Bioware bans ban evaders quite quickly (Lyala), sometimes it takes them many months (Nikana), sometimes they never catch the person (Prum).

Bioware has never been very consistent when it comes to punishing wrongdoers in this game.

foxmob
04.23.2021 , 02:45 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
Well yeah. Permanent bans would mean very little if you could freely circumvent them by creating a new account. Sometimes Bioware bans ban evaders quite quickly (Lyala), sometimes it takes them many months (Nikana), sometimes they never catch the person (Prum).

Bioware has never been very consistent when it comes to punishing wrongdoers in this game.
my experience (observatory) is that permanent bans are for show. but anyway...I'm impressed that they would go after multiple accounts like that (unless it's just the bad actor doing the same thing that got the first account banned, which is just treating them independently. lul)
Krack

alasamaya
04.23.2021 , 03:00 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
Its lame, but its the reality. Bioware tolerate ban evaders, for some weird reason. Ban evaders can harm during the time it takes to ban them, IF they ban them. Meanwhile, they create another account, email credits for when the ban comes, and then continue playing with the new account. Some ban evaders have been there for so long, and what Bioware actually dont see is that the amount of people that quit the game because of them is huge, compared to the small group of people that screw the game for the rest.

MadCuzBad
04.23.2021 , 03:15 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by alasamaya View Post
Its lame, but its the reality. Bioware tolerate ban evaders, for some weird reason. Ban evaders can harm during the time it takes to ban them, IF they ban them. Meanwhile, they create another account, email credits for when the ban comes, and then continue playing with the new account. Some ban evaders have been there for so long, and what Bioware actually dont see is that the amount of people that quit the game because of them is huge, compared to the small group of people that screw the game for the rest.
Queue banning means little or nothing. From my experience from people I know in the ranked community the only thing that a queue ban does is make it harder for us to detect them. Most of them already have an alt account or several alt accounts ready to activate or they make a new one, buy a datacron and are back in ranked in no more than 48 hours. Most from what I know have several alt accounts from years and years of playing this game.

alasamaya
04.23.2021 , 04:42 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by MadCuzBad View Post
Queue banning means little or nothing. From my experience from people I know in the ranked community the only thing that a queue ban does is make it harder for us to detect them. Most of them already have an alt account or several alt accounts ready to activate or they make a new one, buy a datacron and are back in ranked in no more than 48 hours. Most from what I know have several alt accounts from years and years of playing this game.
Thats exactly what I meant. And its lame

JediMasterAlex
04.23.2021 , 05:10 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by alasamaya View Post
Its lame, but its the reality. Bioware tolerate ban evaders, for some weird reason
While some people get away with it, they do ban people for ban evading. Send reports to pvpreports@swtor.com.

MadCuzBad
04.23.2021 , 10:30 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
While some people get away with it, they do ban people for ban evading. Send reports to pvpreports@swtor.com.
We all know. The issue is the re roll not the ban. They get banned and just swap accounts. And like I said earlier when they swap accounts it is a lot harder to detect them. They are back in ranked no longer than 48 hours at worse and 5-15 minutes at best.

limenutpen
04.24.2021 , 01:51 AM | #19
There is also an issue with ban and so on. If I was in a game and I suffered the actions of these people, why should I have ranked points deducted.

If a game was fouled it is fouled and the other 7 players should have ranking reset as to previous this game.
It is unjust that have the gain or suffer the consequences of these fools.

I think in S13 I had over thirty games where my healer performed beyond what I call a decent level to the opposite level and not even doing 5k hps. That is Meta.4 healing. Current minimum level 10k hps IMO.
Was it a combination that he was always coming up with another healer. I think not. Sure healer and tank botting or Que Sync is easier to catch. But why should I lose Ranked points if a game is rigged. And why should I gain them.
So the game where there is rigging exploiting should be count as nil not valid.

What I am saying is very important to take ranking seriously. A rigged game should go beyond banning the people who rigged it, but also be count as nil. As infect it was a game which gave a big advantage to one side and a disadvantage to the other.

Again this is another list that goes to the problems with Ranked since S1.