Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

frotty
12.13.2011 , 10:44 AM | #2681
Quote: Originally Posted by Seliam View Post
I love how there are so many claiming they were guaranteed 5 days early access, when release is still 7 days away. Let alone the constant, conveniently forgetten "up to" part of the offer.
yea, who cares about them.

i'm in the "this is a stupid way of handling it" camp.

they should know exactly how many they're letting in, and exactly who. It is absolutely no different except you don't have people apparently boiling with rage because they have no idea how to schedule their free time so they can play this.

Just a spoiler, but launching your mmo the week before christmas is a really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really dumb idea

seczness
12.13.2011 , 10:44 AM | #2682
Quote: Originally Posted by Staalker View Post
The 5 bucks is deducted from the price of the game, so no one ripped you off.

Just because the server isn't full doesn't mean that the starting areas aren't full.

If they put 2000 people on a server at once, and they all flood into 4 starting zones...it's gonna be a little rough trying to complete the early quests and get out of there.

Staggering the entry is about more than just server population. What good would it do you to be in the game if you had to wait 2 hours for a quest target to respawn, or the zones were laggy because everyone was still in them?

Just learn some patience. It is the season of giving and charity, Bioware is going to give your a gift of free game time. So why not show you deserve it?

You'd think most of you people have nothing else in their life worth anything. That's kinda sad.
lol wow nuff said great post says everything that needs to be said

DarthAmok
12.13.2011 , 10:44 AM | #2683
This thread used to have an op, then it took a shotgun in the mouth.
Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm.
And well you should not. For my ally is a Rocket Launcher, and a powerful ally it is.

gandarewa
12.13.2011 , 10:44 AM | #2684
after stress test i was sure this would be a great launch
but this system they worked out is unfair
we people that preordered in a shop and offline are in the disadvantage.
hoping to get in today but i doubt about it

MantisPR
12.13.2011 , 10:44 AM | #2685
Why so much QQ? If you pre-ordered they only garanteed upto 5 day early game access. Some are getting in before that. But that was not what they advertised. Some will get in today some tomorrow, you will get in on the 19th most likely. If you get in on the 19th... they did what they said they would do! Why in the world would anyone take of work to play today with no guarantee they they would get in? Schedule your time off for the 20th and stop crying.

Doddsie
12.13.2011 , 10:44 AM | #2686
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeryko View Post
People are forgetting (or just want to argue) that you didn't pay for early access. You paid for a pre-order, that is, a reservation for a copy of the game - digital or not.

-Everything- else, is a BONUS.
And for most of us we chose to pay that preorder fee because they waved early access at us, at the momment for me i would have been better off just waiting till the 20th, cos at this rate ill be getting a few hours early access at best.
Something, something, something, darkside..

CSarz
12.13.2011 , 10:44 AM | #2687
Man I keep getting blue balled.. my hotmail tab keeps getting 1 new email.. but its never TOR

I am off work today sick... (Yes actually sick.. I think my body knows I want to play)... Can't wait for that Email... won't be pissed if I have to wait though... 8/02 Preorder here, no email.

People stop whining, you could just wait till the 20th.. can't get your name.. keep trying different servers.. or.. come up with a new name.. its not that good if someone already has it.

Heffernanx
12.13.2011 , 10:44 AM | #2688
*gets a mail from bioware*

*starts to login to the launcher*

*you have recieved an infraction*

YEAG GO TO HELL BIOWARE
ị‖◚◚◚◚◚‖ị۝ị[/LULZ I CAN HAS A LIGHTSABER TOO/]

iBleedU
12.13.2011 , 10:44 AM | #2689
OMG! 3 of my friends cancled their pre orders because of early access o.0 Why guys why?
Im just pretending today and tomorrow dont exist and the 5 days early access thing still stands.

You will get to play one way or another so why just blow a fuse and cancle?
Bioware stole my money and left me a CE Pre-Order
RIP old account DrBleed from 11.03.2008, cant remember my email address =(

Erulinda
12.13.2011 , 10:44 AM | #2690
Oke, I know they stated that both Euro and US game would start (not pre, but start) the same day (the 20th) .... (changed from 22 in Europe)

Did anyone actualy see them say the pre-launch would start on the same day, though ?

Did "any" European's out there get in yet ?
Healing since Everquest... and yes, you are all right "It truely always IS the healers fault"