This needs to be seen

cblodgett

I originally posted this as a reply to another thread but this really needs to be seen and understood by the Devs, because they are walking a very precarious line with these new changes.

I consider myself an extremely casual player. I play this game for a month or two , but I subscribe when I do. Then let it rest for 6 months of more at a time. I rotate games I play regularly, I have ADHD so need different things to do in different games. Nothing in any of the MMOs I have ever play has ever kept my attention for very long, except for the exception storytelling that Bioware can pull off which always brings me back. I spend money in cash shops in different games on a whim because I see something shiny and new. So I can say without a doubt that I AM the target audience for just about any Free-To-Play game, and I can tell you strait up that even their "target audience" with these changes are going to be extremely pissed off, because I know I am!

I watched as another Star Wars game destroyed itself doing this exact same thing. Ability/class pruning, and dumbing down the game to the point that the games entire identity was no longer the amazing sandbox of choices, but a small set of cookie cutter class that lacked both form and function.

That game was Star Wars Galaxies, and the changes I speak of were the first "Combat Upgrade". Which totally negated and alienated more than half of that games population. That game had players who did nothing but craft, or dance and play music in cantina, but the combat upgrade took all that away and made anything player crafter totally useless because items no longer had to be repaired or replaced. Looted gear became the go-to and was 100x better than anything a player could make. This made the entire crafting side of the game entirely pointless. They lost hundreds of thousands of subs when that happened. And when that didn't work out as planed, they went even further down the rabbit hole and dumped the New Game Experience on a game population that screamed for the devs to take a step back and return to the drawing board. The NGE was the killing stroke for that game, players were jumping a sinking ship at this point and there was no saving it.

The Devs here are walking that exact same perilous path, and I am begging them to take a step back and rethink what they are doing here, before I have to watch history repeat itself, and watch another amazing Star Wars game destroy itself.

This is a example of classic over reaction this is a very bare bones version of the system that is no where near the final version and has half a year left to be refined and made better so please stop acting like this is how it's going to be and save your outrage if nothing changes by the final pts.

I originally posted this as a reply to another thread but this really needs to be seen and understood by the Devs, because they are walking a very precarious line with these new changes.

I consider myself an extremely casual player. I play this game for a month or two , but I subscribe when I do. Then let it rest for 6 months of more at a time. I rotate games I play regularly, I have ADHD so need different things to do in different games. Nothing in any of the MMOs I have ever play has ever kept my attention for very long, except for the exception storytelling that Bioware can pull off which always brings me back. I spend money in cash shops in different games on a whim because I see something shiny and new. So I can say without a doubt that I AM the target audience for just about any Free-To-Play game, and I can tell you strait up that even their "target audience" with these changes are going to be extremely pissed off, because I know I am!

I watched as another Star Wars game destroyed itself doing this exact same thing. Ability/class pruning, and dumbing down the game to the point that the games entire identity was no longer the amazing sandbox of choices, but a small set of cookie cutter class that lacked both form and function.

That game was Star Wars Galaxies, and the changes I speak of were the first "Combat Upgrade". Which totally negated and alienated more than half of that games population. That game had players who did nothing but craft, or dance and play music in cantina, but the combat upgrade took all that away and made anything player crafter totally useless because items no longer had to be repaired or replaced. Looted gear became the go-to and was 100x better than anything a player could make. This made the entire crafting side of the game entirely pointless. They lost hundreds of thousands of subs when that happened. And when that didn't work out as planed, they went even further down the rabbit hole and dumped the New Game Experience on a game population that screamed for the devs to take a step back and return to the drawing board. The NGE was the killing stroke for that game, players were jumping a sinking ship at this point and there was no saving it.

The Devs here are walking that exact same perilous path, and I am begging them to take a step back and rethink what they are doing here, before I have to watch history repeat itself, and watch another amazing Star Wars game destroy itself.

Another over reactor comes out I see you clearly don't understand game development.

Yeah dude. Tell that to all of the alpha and beta testers for WoW Shadowlands, and Battle for Azeroth. I'm sure they'll agree with you...

Not. Bad changes need to be called out, before it is too late to get them reverted.

Last Time I checked this game is called SWTOR not WoW so don't just assume that because a totally different company made a mistake that another company is going to make the same mistake that is called projection my friend.

Yeah dude. Tell that to all of the alpha and beta testers for WoW Shadowlands, and Battle for Azeroth. I'm sure they'll agree with you...

Not. Bad changes need to be called out, before it is too late to get them reverted.

Last Time I checked this game is called SWTOR not WoW so don't just assume that because a totally different company made a mistake that another company is going to make the same mistake that is called projection my friend.

Yea and If we wait till 6 months down the road to voice our opinions on the changes, when they have locked in what they want us to play without said feedback from us. By then it will be to late to change coarse, clearly you are the one who does not understand how game development works. We need to make it loud and clear early that is is NOT what we want, so that they have plenty of time to go back to the drawing board and rethink it and find a better way to do it.

No you actually wait for the full version to be on the pts before complaining as this is bare bones as basic as it gets and not nearly a representation of the final product and you can even tell that by the post on what it should look like.
Yea and If we wait till 6 months down the road to voice our opinions on the changes, when they have locked in what they want us to play without said feedback from us. By then it will be to late to change coarse, clearly you are the one who does not understand how game development works. We need to make it loud and clear early that is is NOT what we want, so that they have plenty of time to go back to the drawing board and rethink it and find a better way to do it.

SWTOR's past PTS discussions have shown that players provided feedback with less time remaining than we have here now and nothing changed. Similar to the afore mentioned WoWtastrophe. The biggest example of this was 5.0. It took the Dev's about a year to fix it so that the players felt happy with the changes. Problem was, so many had already left the game never to return because of 5.0. Now the Dev's open a PTS half a year before the players expect a release. A lot of time left to try and work with the players feedback. The Dev's asked for this feedback. Let's see what the Dev's have to say about it.

No you actually wait for the full version to be on the pts before complaining as this is bare bones as basic as it gets and not nearly a representation of the final product and you can even tell that by the post on what it should look like.

Looking at that post one can see that abilities are being pruned. Choose this or that. Nothing was mentioned about that in the Stream. That is enough to realize how this is shaping up to "look like" and it appears that many have problems with it.

The way combat styles will work is that every few levels, players will have one of the following occur:

Receive a new ability

Choose from 1 of 3 abilities

Choose from 1 of 3 passives

Choose from 1 of 3 passives or abilities

This allows us to streamline each class while ultimately retaining its original identity. Even though streamlining each combat style ultimately means paring down the overall quantity of abilities that every playstyle shares, our goal is that players will still be able to choose their favorite abilities and make more meaningful decisions around how they want to play and fulfill their gameplay fantasy.

Let’s walk through what the Focus Jedi Guardian’s paths and choices look like today. Remember that this is all very initial and we expect this will change a lot between now and launch based on your feedback (so please share your thoughts). When choosing your Discipline you will get the option to select one of two defaulted sets of choices. "A" focuses on more offensive abilities while "B" will lean more on defense. Review the info below to see exactly which skills and passives you will receive based on your selection.

*Levels tied to ability grants in PTS are not set in stone and subject to change*

*The A and B markers indicate the two ability path options that are chosen for this phase of PTS. *

~Levels 1-5 - These are not Discipline specific

Strike (1)

Slash (1)

Force Leap (1)

Blade Storm (4)

Blade Barrage (5)

~Level 10 - Gain Ability

Focused Burst - Single target burst damage ability.

~Level 15 - Choose one ability or passive

Blade Burst - Blade Storm becomes AoE and slows.

Saber Throw - Gain the Saber Throw Ability.

[A] Energy Barrage - Adds Energy Damage to Blade Barrage and it now immobilizes the target.

~Level 20 - Choose one passive (applies to Focused Burst)

[A] Zenith - Increases critical chance after using Focused Burst

Focusing Strike - Focused Burst deals 15% more damage.

Unstable Focus - Focused Burst now hits in AoE.

~Level 25 - Gain Ability

Zealous Leap - A short ranged leap with high damage.

~Level 30 - Choose one passive (applies to Zealous Leap)

[A] Zealous Discovery - Reduce the CD of Combat Focus every time you activate Zealous Leap.

Zealous Defense - Receive a small shield every time Zealous Leap hits a target.

Zealous Annihilation - Zealous Leap now also hits in AoE.

~Level 35 - Choose one ability or passive

[A] Focused Mediation - Dealing damage with Force Energy generates AP.

Awe - Gain the Awe Ability.

Critical Conditions - Critical hits with Force Energy reduce the Cooldown of Combat Focus.

~Level 40 - Gain Ability

Force Exhaustion - Slow the target and apply a high damage DoT.

~Level 45

New ability granted but there is no choice to be made and it is not discipline specific

~Level 50 - Choose one passive

[A] Battlefield Command - Taking damage reduces the Cooldown of Force Leap.

Path Carver- Increases AoE damage done.

Defiance - Build AP whenever you are stunned.

~Level 55 - Gain Ability

Concentrated Slice - A strong single-target weapon attack.

~Level 60 - Choose one passive

Second Wind - Lowers the cooldown of Unleash. Unleash now also heals you.

[A] Preparation - Leaving combat now reduces the remaining cooldown on some skills.

Narrowed Focus - Taking AoE damage now generates AP.

~Level 65

New ability granted but there is no choice to be made and it is not discipline specific

~Level 70 - Choose one Ability

Saber Reflect

[A] Blade Blitz

Enure

~Level 75

~Level 80 - Choose a passive

[A/B] War Master - Force Leap grants immunity to movement impairing effects and grants Dispatch.

Purifying Sweep - Sweep now applies debuffs.

Through Peace - Reduces Enure’s Cooldown.

Dude you need to get over yourself with these emotional appeals and the whole "you're just projecting" argument. It's not a valid argument and is the equivalent of you sticking your fingers in your ears going "la la la la la" over and over like a little kid on a playground that doesn't want to hear something. Trying the same thing twice and expecting a different result is insanity. If the devs release something that proves us wrong and we all jumped the gun, i'll be happy to admit that, and I want that to be the case. However past experience tells me that it won't be. If it doesn't work for the much bigger WoW, why would it work here? If you have legitimate arguments let's hear them, because right now you don't.

The main point here is that they did fix 5.0 it may have taken time but guess what they did this thing called listening to feedback where as WoW didn't see the difference?

SWTOR's past PTS discussions have shown that players provided feedback with less time remaining than we have here now and nothing changed. Similar to the afore mentioned WoWtastrophe. The biggest example of this was 5.0. It took the Dev's about a year to fix it so that the players felt happy with the changes. Problem was, so many had already left the game never to return because of 5.0. Now the Dev's open a PTS half a year before the players expect a release. A lot of time left to try and work with the players feedback. The Dev's asked for this feedback. Let's see what the Dev's have to say about it.

Looking at that post one can see that abilities are being pruned. Choose this or that. Nothing was mentioned about that in the Stream. That is enough to realize how this is shaping up to "look like" and it appears that many have problems with it.

This post from them is one basic example of what they want to do it doesn't reflect the end result as things can change so get your panties in a bunch when it actually becomes clear on what they want to do.

You only see it that way because you view it as as a personal attack instead of seeing it for what it really is and that is the truth as anyone that knows me knows I am the biggest critic of this game but the difference is I base my criticism when the content is actually set in stone and not while it's being developed. When it comes down to it you are all crying like it's the end of the world and like they have never walked back things which they have see all the Galactic Gearing changes they did until people were happy.
Dude you need to get over yourself with these emotional appeals and the whole "you're just projecting" argument. It's not a valid argument and is the equivalent of you sticking your fingers in your ears going "la la la la la" over and over like a little kid on a playground that doesn't want to hear something. Trying the same thing twice and expecting a different result is insanity. If the devs release something that proves us wrong and we all jumped the gun, i'll be happy to admit that, and I want that to be the case. However past experience tells me that it won't be. If it doesn't work for the much bigger WoW, why would it work here? If you have legitimate arguments let's hear them, because right now you don't.

You only see it that way because you view it as as a personal attack instead of seeing it for what it really is and that is the truth as anyone that knows me knows I am the biggest critic of this game but the difference is I base my criticism when the content is actually set in stone and not while it's being developed. When it comes down to it you are all crying like it's the end of the world and like they have never walked back things which they have see all the Galactic Gearing changes they did until people were happy.

I'll refer you to the post I gave to you in the other thread.

They stated they wanted us to test the Guardian first to get a feel of what was to come. Meaning that they have changes like this planned for all classes and all specs. This means I don't need to see those other classes to know it will be bad since they're all getting the same treatment. That's called an informed inference. Meaning based on information we have available, all classes would receive the same Great Nerfening if this is allowed to continue. If you hire a contractor to do work on your house, and they do a completely terrible job by destroying your living room, it's a safe bet they destroyed other rooms.

Saying "you need to wait until we know everything" is not a valid criticism in this instance because we know this is going to happen to all classes based on information they gave us. We may not know every single ability they're removing for every single class, but the fact remains it shouldn't be happening at all. Aside from the very small minority here on this forum in the last while I have no seen a single person complain about ability bloat. What I have however seen is people saying this is totally unnecessary and will harm the game as a whole. The Guardian was just the first preview of what they have planned which is why folks are speaking up now. If folks don't speak up now, there will not be enough time for them to reverse course to meet the release date, meaning we'll have to wait who knows how long for them to realize they screwed up and fix their mistakes. Again we know this is planned for other classes based on statements they have made. So there is no "we don't have all the information" since Bioware gave us the information to start with.

If we have to wait until everything is set in stone before calling for change, it's too late at that point. You can call it "crying like it's the end of the world" if you want, but that just shows your willful blindness to what is going on. Some of us have actually seen this before with WoW and other games and we know from experience it doesn't end well and harms the game as a whole. It destroys the uniqueness of each class and still doesn't fix the problem they claim they wanted to solve. You can't steal half a person's toolkit, give 2-3 abilities back, call it new and expect people to like it or pretend like it's not a nerf.

Point blank dude, you're talking out of your rear end when there is more than enough info here to make an informed inference about what's coming down the pipes. All of it based on information THEY GAVE TO US themselves. Point being, we should have to wait an entire year or long for them to realize they screwed up and restore the classes to how they should be. This isn't about folks hating change, not wanting to learn rotations, not making informed decisions, or anything else you've been claiming for awhile now. It's about not wanting to see them destroy part of what makes this game and each class unique, and not wanting them to destroy the overall experience with the game.

If folks need help, they need to speak up. I am not a mind reader and would rather spend time helping someone than to see this abomination on the PTS brought to live. If someone needs help but says nothing, none of us can help them, not me, not you, not BIoware, no one. Assuming this went live, they might walk it back and they might not, but it doesn't change the fact it shouldn't be done in the first place.

Also if you're going to pretend this is a good idea, give us valid reasons as to why it is. What is it improving for each class? How is it improving it? How does it improve gameplay as a whole without destroying uniqueness? You've yet to address a single point like this any of us have made. You keep appealing to the same baseless "you're just complaining" and other foolish arguments that don't address anything. If you think you have better ideas lets hear them? Otherwise how much info do you need aside from their statements and PTS to know they're nerfing everything if things go live as they are now.

Lastly, they asked for this feedback from folks for better or worse. Don't ask a question you might not like the answer to. Folks are speaking up now so they can walk back things folks won't like and so they can adjust based on feedback. If folks wait to the last minute, it screws over the players and devs alike, which is not fair to either side.

Edited by captainbladejk

They stated they wanted us to test the Guardian first to get a feel of what was to come. Meaning that they have changes like this planned for all classes and all specs. This means I don't need to see those other classes to know it will be bad since they're all getting the same treatment. That's called an informed inference. Meaning based on information we have available, all classes would receive the same Great Nerfening if this is allowed to continue. If you hire a contractor to do work on your house, and they do a completely terrible job by destroying your living room, it's a safe bet they destroyed other rooms.

Saying "you need to wait until we know everything" is not a valid criticism in this instance because we know this is going to happen to all classes based on information they gave us. We may not know every single ability they're removing for every single class, but the fact remains it shouldn't be happening at all. Aside from the very small minority here on this forum in the last while I have no seen a single person complain about ability bloat. What I have however seen is people saying this is totally unnecessary and will harm the game as a whole. The Guardian was just the first preview of what they have planned which is why folks are speaking up now. If folks don't speak up now, there will not be enough time for them to reverse course to meet the release date, meaning we'll have to wait who knows how long for them to realize they screwed up and fix their mistakes. Again we know this is planned for other classes based on statements they have made. So there is no "we don't have all the information" since Bioware gave us the information to start with.

If we have to wait until everything is set in stone before calling for change, it's too late at that point. You can call it "crying like it's the end of the world" if you want, but that just shows your willful blindness to what is going on. Some of us have actually seen this before with WoW and other games and we know from experience it doesn't end well and harms the game as a whole. It destroys the uniqueness of each class and still doesn't fix the problem they claim they wanted to solve. You can't steal half a person's toolkit, give 2-3 abilities back, call it new and expect people to like it or pretend like it's not a nerf.

Point blank dude, you're talking out of your rear end when there is more than enough info here to make an informed inference about what's coming down the pipes. All of it based on information THEY GAVE TO US themselves. Point being, we should have to wait an entire year or long for them to realize they screwed up and restore the classes to how they should be. This isn't about folks hating change, not wanting to learn rotations, not making informed decisions, or anything else you've been claiming for awhile now. It's about not wanting to see them destroy part of what makes this game and each class unique, and not wanting them to destroy the overall experience with the game.

If folks need help, they need to speak up. I am not a mind reader and would rather spend time helping someone than to see this abomination on the PTS brought to live. If someone needs help but says nothing, none of us can help them, not me, not you, not BIoware, no one. Assuming this went live, they might walk it back and they might not, but it doesn't change the fact it shouldn't be done in the first place.

Also if you're going to pretend this is a good idea, give us valid reasons as to why it is. What is it improving for each class? How is it improving it? How does it improve gameplay as a whole without destroying uniqueness? You've yet to address a single point like this any of us have made. You keep appealing to the same baseless "you're just complaining" and other foolish arguments that don't address anything. If you think you have better ideas lets hear them? Otherwise how much info do you need aside from their statements and PTS to know they're nerfing everything if things go live as they are now.

Lastly, they asked for this feedback from folks for better or worse. Don't ask a question you might not like the answer to. Folks are speaking up now so they can walk back things folks won't like and so they can adjust based on feedback. If folks wait to the last minute, it screws over the players and devs alike, which is not fair to either side.

There are threads posting constructive criticism and giving legitimate feedback hence why I am not posting on those thread and only posting on the chicken little threads crying about how the world is ending because they assume things are going to be how they believe despite BW history of backpedaling IE see the Galactic Command gearing changes to know they don't always do what WoW does and stick to there guns.

Tons of people have wanted changes like this like fans of Captain Rex who want to play a Trooper with dual Pistols or you know being a bounty hunter that uses a variety of weapons like many bounty hunters do so it's easy to see why people want these changes now all that remains to be seen is how they implement everything which is what I am waiting for before I pass judgment because that's how I roll.

The devs have asked for feedback on this system as it is, why are you against people posting the feedback the devs asked for? Are you paid to sabotage the PTS feedback by harassing people who try to give the requested feedback?

The devs have asked for feedback on this system as it is, why are you against people posting the feedback the devs asked for? Are you paid to sabotage the PTS feedback by harassing people who try to give the requested feedback?

If you believe acting like this is the end of the game is feedback then I don't know what to tell you because it's not feedback it's over reacting.

For those stating that BW never listens to feedback, I will remind you of the time they put the Rishi Stronghold up on the PTS that they actually listened to the feedback so saying they never listen is wrong. I was one of those that suggested a few changes (removing some of the stupid trash) and people asked for them to add the apartment that was not there.

So instead of saying they will not make any changes, let's be a little patient. While we can and should make some complaints about some things, let's do it a little politely and rationally and see what they will do. I imagine they will be doing some upgrading in the next week or so as we have till December for these changes and from what I have read this is just the beginning. They did state it is not the final product.

There are threads posting constructive criticism and giving legitimate feedback hence why I am not posting on those thread and only posting on the chicken little threads crying about how the world is ending because they assume things are going to be how they believe despite BW history of backpedaling IE see the Galactic Command gearing changes to know they don't always do what WoW does and stick to there guns.

And who gets to determine what is legitimate feedback and isn't? Again they asked what we thought about it, and we have told them what we think about it. All you're doing at this point is trolling and using emotion based appeals instead of actually engaging with the arguments being presented. You say we're wrong, explain how. You've yet to do that anywhere. But in your mind, no it couldn't be that people have experienced this in other games like WoW, or the ill-fated Star Wars Galaxies that tried to revamp itself and drove off their playerbase. Nah couldn't be that anyone has seen it before and doesn't want this game to make that same mistake. No it simply must be that people don't know anything besides you. As for not doing what WoW has done, that's exactly what they're doing now with stealing half of our toolikits and marketing them back to us.

You don't see the parallels at this point because you have chosen not to. Instead of trying to debate and come up with better solutions, and actually propose alternatives, you keep trying to lampoon people and say "you're just overreacting" or "you're just pretending the sky is falling." As the old saying goes, there's a light at the end of the tunnel, but sometimes that light is headlights from a locomotive come to run you over. Those who do not know their history are doomed to repeat it. You have chosen to flat out ignore it and if people like you have your way, this game will be dead or severely diminished in no time.

If it aint broke don't fix it. Plus you still haven't explained why you think this is a good idea. you've only attacked people for saying it's bad.

And who gets to determine what is legitimate feedback and isn't? Again they asked what we thought about it, and we have told them what we think about it. All you're doing at this point is trolling and using emotion based appeals instead of actually engaging with the arguments being presented. You say we're wrong, explain how. You've yet to do that anywhere. But in your mind, no it couldn't be that people have experienced this in other games like WoW, or the ill-fated Star Wars Galaxies that tried to revamp itself and drove off their playerbase. Nah couldn't be that anyone has seen it before and doesn't want this game to make that same mistake. No it simply must be that people don't know anything besides you. As for not doing what WoW has done, that's exactly what they're doing now with stealing half of our toolikits and marketing them back to us.

You don't see the parallels at this point because you have chosen not to. Instead of trying to debate and come up with better solutions, and actually propose alternatives, you keep trying to lampoon people and say "you're just overreacting" or "you're just pretending the sky is falling." As the old saying goes, there's a light at the end of the tunnel, but sometimes that light is headlights from a locomotive come to run you over. Those who do not know their history are doomed to repeat it. You have chosen to flat out ignore it and if people like you have your way, this game will be dead or severely diminished in no time.

If it aint broke don't fix it. Plus you still haven't explained why you think this is a good idea. you've only attacked people for saying it's bad.

Actually I have explained why the general idea of what they are doing is good but you either missed that or ignored it as I pointed out many people have wanted to be able to play classes and use a variety of weapons because in the Star Wars universe not all troopers use the same 2 weapons nor do bounty hunters or smugglers or agents.

The main point here is that they did fix 5.0 it may have taken time but guess what they did this thing called listening to feedback where as WoW didn't see the difference?

This post from them is one basic example of what they want to do it doesn't reflect the end result as things can change so get your panties in a bunch when it actually becomes clear on what they want to do.

No, the point was that we lost a lot of players that never returned and it took them a year to fix it to where it became palatable to those who remained. During that year we lost even more players. See the difference? That post asked for player feedback. You are just denouncing anyone who gives feedback you consider negative as emotionally biased.

Actually I have explained why the general idea of what they are doing is good but you either missed that or ignored it as I pointed out many people have wanted to be able to play classes and use a variety of weapons because in the Star Wars universe not all troopers use the same 2 weapons nor do bounty hunters or smugglers or agents.

You can allow folks to play with different weapons without having to gut the classes in the process. The two concepts are not mutually exclusive. All you need to do is change the visuals that go along with certain attacks, and maybe adjust a bit of the stats under the hood based on the weapon being used. Such as someone using 2 pistols vs a blaster rifle.

The extra stuff with gutting the classes is NOT needed in order to make that happen

You can allow folks to play with different weapons without having to gut the classes in the process. The two concepts are not mutually exclusive. All you need to do is change the visuals that go along with certain attacks, and maybe adjust a bit of the stats under the hood based on the weapon being used. Such as someone using 2 pistols vs a blaster rifle.

The extra stuff with gutting the classes is NOT needed in order to make that happen

You only see it as gutting because it's in a bare bones state by the time it is finished based on feedback barely anything will be changed and at most you will lose one ability but gain another in it's place as plenty of people have pointed out plenty of classes have abilities that players rarely use that could be removed in exchange for other abilities.

You only see it as gutting because it's in a bare bones state by the time it is finished based on feedback barely anything will be changed and at most you will lose one ability but gain another in it's place as plenty of people have pointed out plenty of classes have abilities that players rarely use that could be removed in exchange for other abilities.

Its also getting to the point where its a broken record.

"DOOM! THE GAME IS ENDING! LISTEN TO ME! PAY ATTENTION TO ME! THE END IS NIGH! DOOM!"

That's pretty much every post from him now. And in each thread he makes, new people come out of the woodwork to tell him to settle down, and the same old people come in to feed into his hysteria. And then despite there being new people in each of his threads disagreeing with him, he says he hasn't seen anyone disagree with him yet.

Its kind of pointless to engage with someone like that - they will only ever see what they want to see, and will ignore the truth even if it is staring them in the face...