Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Seasons Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

casirabit
03.23.2021 , 06:29 PM | #21
Please answer the following questions:
Were you able to find the Galactic Seasons page?
Yes, with a little researching. Might want to do it a bit better for those that will not be able to find it within a couple of seconds..

Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen?
After a bit but as others have stated, why do the GS if the points are not going to be awarded. I did the weekly on Makeb and therefore had two objectives done (the weekly mission and the Makeb part 2 kills) but no points reward. This is not a good idea on the PTS not giving points as why test it when it doesn't reward points.

Though nice to see it is not only pvp or operation related as what I read earlier.

In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?
Okay but I dislike them being in the conquest section due to the fact you have to go all the way to the bottom to find additional objectives.

How do you feel about the cadence and points offered in GS?
No points awarded so that is not good right now. That needs to be fixed so we can test it out.

What other general feedback would you would like to tell us?
Fix the points on the PTS and move the objectives to another tab even if you need to make a new one. Listing them on the bottom of the conquest could be troublesome for some if all they say are the first two at the top. It might be a good idea but you need to be sure there is some sort of reward for every level, as others have said.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.

Thimarith
03.23.2021 , 06:41 PM | #22
Barely. If I haven't had read that the page would be appearing in a second tab somewhere I wouldn't have found it as it is easily overlooked on the log-in reward screen.

Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen?
No. it kept directing me to some random Conquest objective.

In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?
David's post seemed to indicate that there would be only four objectives available. Instead, there was a laundry list of objectives and there didn't seem to be any distinction between them being weekly or daily.

I can only go by David's post since no points were rewarded on PTS. Only the checkboxes incremented on the Galactic Seasons page. The two objectives I did complete were done in about the time he had stated. For subscribers, the pace seems fair as one could bypass the weeklies and still get the maximum points in plenty of time. For non-subscribers, it would probably be grindy and stressful and given the amount of restrictions already in place I would recommend that non-subscribers be granted the same amount of points as subscribers.

I realize this is a work in process but this implementation seems closer to 'needs tweaking' as opposed to 'complete overhaul' so well done! Look forward to future updates and the system itself.

LtGeneralGezlin
03.23.2021 , 08:07 PM | #23
Hello, David! I had a question regarding the items on the Galactic Seasons Vendor. Right now, the Tantaun Ram, and the Makrin Creeper Seedling are currently available. Are there any plans to add some of the Cartel Coin Card pets to the vendor, such as the Juvenile Rancor pets, and the TR-U4 mini astromech, or the mini-pets that were originally part of a cross-promotion from other EA games (The N4-SW Runner, and the LU-20 Builder for example)?

I know many of them are not available anymore, or in a few cases, never actually available, so I wanted to ask if we might have the ability to get them some day.

sugarnails
03.23.2021 , 10:02 PM | #24
Only because I knew beforehand it was an expansion of the daily login rewards panel.

The tracker for them in the upper right corner? Yes. The actual objectives, on the other hand.. (see below)

There is currently nothing differentiating the daily objectives from the weekly objectives in the conquest list. I would prefer these objectives have their own tab in the mission log window than just adding more to an already long conquest objective list.

I like the variety of the current offerings, but it sounds like you intend to only let us choose from a select few per day when this goes live? I can't really see a positive to that.

I don't like being capped to only one solo activity for 3 points per day. The way Daily Priority Objective and Weekly Priority Objective are worded made me think out of an entire list of seasonal objectives, those would be giving more points than usual, and that you could just complete other objectives for points at the normal rate. I had completed 6 objectives before I realized that you're only going to get points for one objective per day. That... sucks. (Edit: If this is not the case, then it's not clear at all.)

Second Edit: Okay, I think I understand what's going on. Only 2 of the objectives listed in the conquest tab, the ones at the top of the list, are going to count for points. The rest of the priority objectives are just listed, but inactive?

Please uncap progress. Let the daily and weekly priorities give some bonus points, but let people work through objectives at their own pace. The way it feels currently would be similar to capping conquest progress at 10k per day. Think that would go over well?

"Insectoids" on Voss was not intuitive at all. Geonosians, Killiks, and Colicoids are pretty well known to most players. I honestly forgot Shaclaws exist, let alone which part of the planet to find them. You know which planet has tons of insectoids? Ossus. Why is that not an objective planet?

The PO: The Mutated Queen objective has 0/1 Defeat the Colossal Monolith as the actual objective goal. Also, most of the POs are for conquest objectives instead of kill counters, so tracking them is pretty much useless. It would help to have the tracked PO show the corresponding conquest objective's kill counter in the tracker.

ForfiniteStories
03.23.2021 , 10:22 PM | #25
In the future, I would like to see old (Unranked) PvP sets become available.
"Nothing beats an A-wing." - Tallie Lintra, Battlefront II: Starfighter Assault

Lord_Thorne
03.23.2021 , 11:02 PM | #26
Yes, with a little poking around. It became noticeably inconvenient to refer to it without a hotkey (such as L for the mission log or ctrl-G for Activites)

Yes kind of...see next remarks...

Overall, the list of PO objectives seem reasonable - some a bit grindy, but I gather that's part of the purpose.
Others have remarked on listing them in the Conquest window; potentially confusing. Upon carefully reading the detailed explanation post earlier today, my confusion when diving in is not going to be as big an issue when it goes live.
Clicking on the Daily or Weekly buttons in the GS window just took me to the conquest list, which doesn't really help.
PO really, really need to be labeled for Daily and Weekly! I still haven't figured out how to tell which are the chosen Weekly PO - or even which are weekly and which aren't, without opening each one and seeing if it's a group-only thing.

Biggest frustration with that is apparently one only gets GS points for the selected PO. I did a few others (e.g. Balmorra bug hunting), but the GS point total froze at 6 (which would be 3 each for two Dailies). Having everytrhing listed was confusing. (To be sure, if all the extra PO won't be seen when it goes live, that's not an issue.)
In general, the cadence/points seem okay. Not much more grindy than running Conquest already (lots of overlap, which is nice).

Biggest issue is information! Make it clear which are the Daily & Weekly PO. (hover info would be nice)
Distinct sort or tab for PO in the Conquest window!
Overall, the system seems to function well enough. It took some figuring out (gosh it really helped to RTFM!), but hopefully the interface will become more informative and easier to use.
Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy.
"The incomprehensibility of your statement in no way validates it." (HK-51)
"I'm a lump with a bad attitude! Honor! Misplaced loyalty! Grr!" (Z0-OM)

damonFTW
03.23.2021 , 11:46 PM | #27
Quite easily, not that hard and most people claiming login rewards should stumble onto it as its a new tab on the same page.

Easily as they came up at the top of my conquest, itd be nicer if it was highlighted in a different colour like Gold or Orange or something.

Dailies list seemed easy and fine, not too time consuming but not difficult either.

Seems fine so far.

The rewards for getting to higher tiers which requires more constant daily gameplay.
Also theres no big prize for getting to the end. Perhaps adding a flair or character title for getting to tier 100 would be good each season.
I drafted a rough "flair" that could be given for hitting tier 100. Imgur Link
Either that or a baggie/lockbox of maybe like 5-10 Galactic Seasons tokens for getting to the very end. The PTS battlepass contains only 12, thats barely enough to buy even a small portion of the rewards provided and not even enough to get both strongholds.

Mathint
03.24.2021 , 01:10 AM | #28
After playing the PTS, I stumbled across the season objectives and calendar very easily by accident. I don't think there'll be much of a problem finding it. If someone had trouble with it, I'm certain asking general/guild chat will give them the answer similar to how people ask how conquest and group finder works.

Something I would like to see is a small increase to the number of tokens given, as it feels like there going to be an endless game of reward catch-up, especially if new stuff comes out with each season.

Quote: Originally Posted by damonFTW View Post
Also theres no big prize for getting to the end. Perhaps adding a flair or character title for getting to tier 100 would be good each season.
I drafted a rough "flair" that could be given for hitting tier 100. Imgur Link
Something like this would also be cool. Ranked pvp gets flairs for each season, makes sense that galactic seasons gets flairs for each season too.

lessandracassidy
03.24.2021 , 02:31 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post

Please answer the following questions:
  • Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen?
This feature appears to be slightly buggy. When clicking on the Daily and/or Weekly objectives on the "Galactic Seasons" tab, it opens up the Conquest tab for me, but leads me to a random objective, like Bounty Contracts: License to Hunt, instead of any of the PO objectives.
Obviously, I can sort by name and find them, but seems like it was intended to send you directly to the PO stuff.

• In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?
Visually, the conquest tab is now terribly cluttered. I am unclear on whether the other objectives are just shown for our benefit so we can judge them, or if all of them will be there, period. If only 4 objectives are added, then it's fine, but if it's the entire list, then it's too visually confusing, and if there is any feasible way at all to separate the Season objectives from Conquest objectives, in a different tab or something, that would be lovely.

Also, just to make sure: some of the Weekly planetary missions (like CZ and Yavin) are showing as Daily objectives, while others (Ossus, Iokath) are showing as Weekly for GS. Is that intentional?

Either way, all the Weekly objectives look to be only available as a preview, and you can't complete any of them for GS.

• What other general feedback would you would like to tell us?
Visually, it seems like the Galactic Season page has incremental segments per each Level to track how far along you are, and if you're about to complete the level, but it stays at the first segment, which made it seem like you're making no progress at all. Until you posted an explanation of how many points is needed to complete a Level, I was under the impression I might need 800 points to complete a single level, since that was the only progress bar showing any change.
https://i.imgur.com/bRstRPr.png

I also have a question. One of the P0 objectives: "P0: Now That... Is an Insectoid..." has additional text: "This Priority Objective is on behalf of Altuur zok Adon." Is that just for flavor, or does that mean it drops some special reward?

EDIT: I would also like to second the opinion that we need more Galactic Seasons Tokens, as there is a wide selection of items but an unfairly limited amount of Tokens. Perhaps, a certain amount of Tokens, even just 1, should be allotted with each level gained. Otherwise, I don't see the reason for such an array of items, when the number of Tokens appears to just be 24.

EDIT 2: The Daily objectives did not change from one day to another. Not sure if this is intended for the PTS or not. Level 1 column has switched from "Unlock" to "Claim", but clicking "Claim" does no additional animation or pop-up or even sound. It did redeem the items into my inventory but for a second I thought it just did nothing, so that doesn't seem very intuitive.

DreadtechSavant
03.24.2021 , 05:10 AM | #30
"Earning Galactic Season Points can be done through various means-the first being through completing specific Daily and Weekly Conquest Objectives we are calling Priority Objectives, and the second being from Login Rewards!"

At this point really need more info on what these weekly conquest objectives will require. At present time this tell us nothing! if these will require group, solo, MA/Vet/Story mode flashpoints. If Op's will be involed. If solo players can still get the required amount of tokens needed. Is what is listed on the P.T.S going to be what ends up in the live version in 6.3

The basics seem fine, but the devil is always in the fine details.