NEW Republic and Imperial Fleet Apartment Strongholds 6.3

EHKodiak

6.3 is bringing with it Galactic Seasons and with that will come new Fleet Apartment Strongholds, which has been requested often. Should be up on PTS within a couple of weeks it looks like :)

Now PTS is up, Ziva has posted a couple of videos of Imp side stronghold!

No hooks:

With hooks:

Edited by EHKodiak
Adding vids of strongholds

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to scrutinize the F out of it. Let's hope it's not a disaster. Cross your fingers they listen to feedback.

The primary F to scrutinise will be whether it receives Fleet chat. Sure, some folks want Fleet chat in all strongholds, but others are glad it's not visible in strongholds, and wouldn't want a stronghold where the *only* chat is Fleet chat.

I'd guess that aspect is slightly higher in priority than hook placement, even.

The primary F to scrutinise will be whether it receives Fleet chat. Sure, some folks want Fleet chat in all strongholds, but others are glad it's not visible in strongholds, and wouldn't want a stronghold where the *only* chat is Fleet chat.

I'd guess that aspect is slightly higher in priority than hook placement, even.

Yeah, good point. Debating whether the stronghold should be instanced or phased. It's supposedly above the VIP area but you wouldn't be able to see other players going about their business. On reddit, there's this discussion:

Edited by TonyTricicolo

Yeah, good point. Debating whether the stronghold should be instanced or phased. It's supposedly above the VIP area but you wouldn't be able to see other players going about their business. On reddit, there's this discussion:

Interesting, thanks. At least (looking at Daniel's comments) they are *aware* of the possible grumbles about having Fleet chat leak into the strongholds.

Just use legacy ignore to get rid of the problem people on fleet. There's about 30 of them, once they are gone, it becomes a much nicer place.

Fleet chat in the stronghold would be lovely, it's where you group up to do content.

Chat doesn't bother me. I just turn it off when it gets too toxic. I'm looking forward to see if there's a nice panoramic view of space. You know, some place I can sit on a throne with my hands steepled and plot scheme like The Illusive Man. Edited by TonyTricicolo

Honestly, I would prefer if the strongholds were not connected to fleet chat, but I understand that that would diverge from prior precedent. If they are on fleet chat then I will just close chat like I already do when I am on the fleet.

As long as there is no bleed in the /say channel between Fleet and the SH instance, I personally don't see that a shared General should be much of a problem. Those who don't wish to see Fleet General (and I am definitely one of those people) have probably left the General channel already, or blocked it in a tab, so the SH experience should be no different at all if you continue to use those methods. But SHs are one of the RPers' key remaining refuges and props, being able to have an instanced /say is really critical, and that goes for the /emote channels too.

I prefer the fleet chat be able to be shut off. I am not a fan of fleet chat and therefore do not want in my apartment but I know some would so a toggle would be the best idea, able for those to have that want it and those of us that don't want it toggle it off.

I'm actually trying to unlock it in the PTS to check out the place but I'm not sure if there was supposed to be a PTS-only vendor to sell those seasonal tokens to unlock them somewhere on fleet???

Not exactly a fan of grinding for those in PTS if that's how it's expected to be done tbh.

Edited by lolitapop

Yeah there's a new vendor on fleet that has the items from which you can buy them using the new currency however I'm not going to grind anything at the moment because the system is not registering progress for some objectives. I hope they just make the Strongholds available so we can test them without the hoopla of a grind. Edited by TonyTricicolo

Here are videos of the Imperial fleet penthouse. I'm no expert at making videos but here they are with and without hooks:

No hooks:

With hooks:

The Republic one is pretty much exactly the same layout so I didn't take any videos of it.

There are no expansions so you get the whole thing when you unlock it.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

Wow, Thank you so much Ziva for posting this. We appreciate it :) As far as the stronghold is concerned, it looks "Meh".

Off-centered view of the VIP section seems "okayish". Kind of disappointed with the view looking out at space. Nothing pretty to look at all. Hate to say it, but I'll probably pass on this one. Nothing to jump for joy about. :mad:

Edited by TonyTricicolo

I prefer the fleet chat be able to be shut off. I am not a fan of fleet chat and therefore do not want in my apartment but I know some would so a toggle would be the best idea, able for those to have that want it and those of us that don't want it toggle it off.

Um, there are already toggles to turn off all chat, or any particular chat.

Just click on the little arrow at the top left of the chat window to turn off all chat (close the chat window).

Or, right-click on the "General" tab at the top, select "Settings" and check/uncheck whatever channels you want. You can then just turn off 'general' chat and still see Guild, party, etc.

These are not 'permanent' settings and they can be changed on the fly, with just a few clicks.

Edited by JediQuaker

Here are videos of the Imperial fleet penthouse. I'm no expert at making videos but here they are with and without hooks:

From the videos, it looks like I might finally have a place to put that centerpiece "Spa" deco. 🙂

But I'd still like to know how you got the tokens to buy the Apartment. Do the PO quests actually give rewards on the Imperial side? (I can't seem to get any on the Republic side).

Edited by JediQuaker

From the videos, it looks like I might finally have a place to put that centerpiece "Spa" deco. 🙂

But I'd still like to know how you got the tokens to buy the Apartment. Do the PO quests actually give rewards on the Imperial side? (I can't seem to get any on the Republic side).

Only the top two pinned quests give rewards so you have to do them for a few days to unlock level 4.

Level 4 is bugged and it gives you as many tokens as you want so I was able to get both strongholds.

Only the top two pinned quests give rewards so you have to do them for a few days to unlock level 4.

Level 4 is bugged and it gives you as many tokens as you want so I was able to get both strongholds.

So, how do you get "level 4" (or level 1, even)?

Is that 4/800 or what?

Edited by JediQuaker

So, how do you get "level 4" (or level 1, even)?

Is that 4/800 or what?

I think it's 8 points per level and you get 3 points per objective. Since you only get two per day right now, you can get 6 points per day.

However, with the recent PTS build, the SHs are on the vendor for one credit each.

I think it's 8 points per level and you get 3 points per objective. Since you only get two per day right now, you can get 6 points per day.

However, with the recent PTS build, the SHs are on the vendor for one credit each.

Yes, I got the Republic apartment yesterday, and I'll be getting the Imperial tonight (unless they change it again 🙂 ).

My thoughts on the Republic apartment are in the PTS forum, but after I look over both, I may post a review here as well.

Short review: Very nice overall, but it needs a couple of smaller bedrooms (with doors).

Edited by JediQuaker