Introducing Galactic Seasons!

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

During today's livestream we announced an upcoming system that's part of Game Update 6.3 called Galactic Seasons. We published an article explaining how the system works and what rewards will be available.

(Side note for anyone wondering about a livestream recap: I'm currently working on getting that written up, so you can expect a separate forum post detailing all of that later today.)

Edited by DanielSteed

I would like to know about companion armor and weapon rewards.

Are we "only" talking about gear that's already been on the Cartel Market, like Theron Shan's armor set, the weapons used by Vette and Gault in KOTFE etc, or are we also talking about bringing back outfits and weapons from companions from the vanilla content, as in what companions originally come in when recruited in the class stories? I for one would love to finally have Nadia Grell's default outfit as a dyeable set on my Jedi Knights.

Are we "only" talking about gear that's already been on the Cartel Market, like Theron Shan's armor set, the weapons used by Vette and Gault in KOTFE etc, or are we also talking about bringing back outfits and weapons from companions from the vanilla content, as in what companions originally come in when recruited in the class stories? I for one would love to finally have Nadia Grell's default outfit as a dyeable set on my Jedi Knights.

Thats a very good point. I personally would love to get Iresso's original outfit that he weared back in the vanilla class storys because it's 100% unique and not obtainable.

Hey everyone!

During today's livestream we announced an upcoming system that's part of Game Update 6.3 called Galactic Seasons. We published an article explaining how the system works and what rewards will be available.

(Side note for anyone wondering about a livestream recap: I'm currently working on getting that written up, so you can expect a separate forum post detailing all of that later today.)

Thanks DanielSteed! Very much looking forward to that 'recap' .

My only wish/hope is, considering this year upcoming is the big *10th Anniversary of SWTOR* , you all at BioWare might consider more robust & immersive type STAR WARS lore-driven ideas like this....or....these....or even....those. :D

---

Looks promising.

Agreed , and could even be a systems infrastructure they (BioWare) could expand upon.

Although tbqh none of the "rewards" listed look all that interesting to me; except maybe the new apartment-strongholds. --- p.s. And sorry but "2000 Cartel Coins" for subscribers is ridiculously low imo. :(

--

So CQ was no longer enough to keep people engaged in decade old content, eh?

Personally, i play SWTOR cuz it's still fun and then of course for my guild(s) .

Not cuz of any carrots-on-a-stick 'shinies' reward system.

That stuff is merely a bonus. /shrug

Edited by Nee-Elder

Personally, i play SWTOR cuz it's still fun and then of course for my guild(s) .

Not cuz of any carrots-on-a-stick 'shinies' reward system.

That stuff is merely a bonus. /shrug

Yeah somehow I used to be that way too. Then the content dearths in conjunction with PvP changes resulted in my friends quitting the game until I'm the only one left with an active sub. For the last few days I have left to make a decision anyway.

Hint: more rehashing of old stuff that isn't even kept current any more isn't going to do much to encourage my friends to come back.

Like if they're going to triple down on decade old content as endgame, couldn't they at least be bothered to make it max level?

I have a feeling there will be new achievements tied to doing the old content.

Like everything else “new” in the game? I’m not saying you’re wrong, just sad you’ll probably be 99% right. Game is old now and what’s announced doesn’t even sound like a stocking filler from 5 years ago.

More like a rehash of the DVL event.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

From context, I believe that the "companion weapon" and "companion armor set" is referring to a unique weapon and armor set for Adon. You'll note that later in the article, they mention that subscribers will get a more complete version of Adon with a unique weapon, armor, and customization. The companion weapon and companion armor are both listed under subscriber rewards.

I'll take it.

I love the game and it's nice to give me something to do and aim for while I wait for new story content. As it is I play for a couple days to finish Conquests then I switch to a new toon, but at some point I'm going to be bored with new toons too (one more to go!).

Daniel, Jackie, anyone, please for the love of mercy, take the message back to the team that if you are going to be offering new Strongholds, YOU MUST INCREASE THE STRONGHOLD CAP. By as many new strongholds as are being added.

Some of us spent years locked out of new strongholds because of the frozen cap. When it was stealth raised to 15 after the Alderaan release (keep in mind people had been capped since before Rishi, and also that stealth changes like that inform absolutely no one so you will never get return metrics on how useful it was because no one freakin' knows about them), that still required that some people sacrifice strongholds they were actively using in order to get under the cap. I myself finally caved and sacrificed NINE in order to get under the cap to finally acquire Rishi and Alderaan, and many of those SHs were ones I had decorated and cared about. That left a very bitter taste; I used to buy CC monthly but I haven't now for well over a year, I just don't feel like I want to give more money to a game that isn't applying common sense measures proactively - like raising the cap on strongholds when you're about to release a new one. With every stronghold released you increase the number of people who are at cap and will need the cap raised to acquire the new ones.

As I have said freakin' ad nauseum for years now (apologies to every forumite), the merge proved we could have as many as 35 active strongholds per person. I still staunchly believe that you are missing out on low-hanging-fruit money by not giving us a means to buy duplicate copies of strongholds, both personal and for guilds. But even if you never go for that easy money, at the very least don't lock us out of new content because of a limitation that has already been proven not to be necessary.

Edited by JediBoadicea

First read through, it seems like an interesting proposition. For me, a lot will depend on the length of a Galactic Season. I still remember, without any fondness, the not at all fun time crunch of regrinding old content for rewards with the DvL event. Yes, I chose to participate in DvL, but the end result for me was SWTOR burnout and wanting to step away from game for a while. I hope there isn't a plan to have a short time frame for each Galactic Season.

"Jump Ahead with Cartel Coins" sounds like a good option to potentially get players to invest real world money in the game by subbing for the monthly Cartel Coin grant and buying CCs. Or, to get more players in gen chat trying to sell their referral links, a situation I've yet to see BW clearly state being for or against.

The idea of Galactic Seasons sounds good. My interest is piqued. My opinion is reserved until we get more info.

Edited by Nmyownworld

Sounds interesting! I am not too thrilled, as "another companion" is not really an incentive, but in general I appreciate extensions to the game. :)

I have a feeling there will be new achievements tied to doing the old content.
This is what I am afraid of, too.

Soooo, you haven't been around for the last few days? And didn't see the thread that claimed this was happening, even though no one else saw it... Do you have proof it is happening? or has happened, or just the usual he said she said stuff?
He even posted in said thread, he is part of the brigade, so don't bother.

To me, this sounds fantastic! The daily login rewards are 9/10 times pretty much pointless to me at end game. But this seems like it is very much worth the trouble, and getting more incentive to play (old) content is nice. Especially if it brings you places or makes you do stuff you had 'forgotten' about.

Sure it is possible to use this thread to complain about everything that SWTOR is not and everything that BW does not do, but do we not have a lot of those already?

Daniel, Jackie, anyone, please for the love of mercy, take the message back to the team that if you are going to be offering new Strongholds, YOU MUST INCREASE THE STRONGHOLD CAP. By as many new strongholds as are being added.

QFE ^ , and also please allow us GM's to assign more than ONE stronghold per guild ( currently we can only have 1 stronghold + Flagship ) .

This is worlds more interesting than the current log in reward system. I just hope it's not too stacked against solo players or my credits won't last long enough. I'm happy to see people getting another crack at some of the old log in rewards, I hope in time I'll get to pick up the few I'm missing. My son is thrilled to have access to the HK-55 stuff he missed!