Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ArnDog
12.13.2011 , 09:30 AM | #1041
I have the same problems as others. I pre ordered on the 24th of July but Game did not send my code through until the 5th of August!!. Kind of makes the whole this thing a bit of a joke.

I do feel that Bio have not handelled this very well. I have played alot of other MMO'S. Never have i seen such a headstart system. The largest issue is the bullcrap of "you will find out on the day that you get in" So everyone is expected to sit by a computer for 7 days waiting for Bioware to sned an e-mail!?! They could have atleast given direction dates!
[]ii▀▀▀▀▀i‾][]Ξ[╲█████████████████████████████████)

Armagon_
12.13.2011 , 09:30 AM | #1042
Thank you for the post. I will hope for the best. I wondering about this wave thing, I mean if you have to go so slowly now at official release then what ? I believe it can be handle to let everyone in. So please don't take a page from S.O.E here

Xtro
12.13.2011 , 09:30 AM | #1043
I don't mind that I was not in the first waves.

What I do mind is that since we were not given a proper schedule, with approximate time line for when we get in, I have wasted at least one day vacation for the annoying experience of not knowing when I can play.

I am very disappointed so far how this have been handled.
(PS: You probably should fire whoever came up with this harebrained idea since it will cause much frustration among the player base)
I will name my pistol Diplomacy, so that I can tell my goody goody republic employers that I use diplomacy to get out of every situation with total honesty....
And after the mission if they ask how it went with the Diplomacy I can say it was a smoking success.

Zeosz
12.13.2011 , 09:30 AM | #1044
Honestly it's not hard to see why everyone is whining, not knowing when you'll get to play is extremely bothersome. Given we should all respect we are getting in early and that's a pretty nice gift from BioWare. Personally I think the waves are brilliant, but the not giving people an idea of when they could play kinda stinks. I understand that it's impossible to tell server loads until people actually start playing but a general idea would've been nice. A "You'll get to play at Noon on Friday at the latest" or some other such extremely conservative estimate of when we could play would've been fantastic. Then we would all be jumping up and down with joy when it ended up going ahead of our scheduled times instead of whining up a storm feeling like we aren't getting in soon enough.

Overall, this could've been handled a little better, but its not really the train wreak a lot of people are making it out to be. Now if only I'd pre-ordered sooner I'd be playing the game right now instead of flipping through the forums

EnlightenedScott
12.13.2011 , 09:30 AM | #1045
Quote: Originally Posted by YagamiJase View Post
On the SWTOR launcher it says, "There is currently no active subscripti on this account. Activate your account here." Upon clicking on it, it takes me to my account summary where I have to make five security questions (done that), complete contact information (done that), and then it asks for my Product Registration Code, which I have already entered way back when I pre-orderd for the early edition. I obviously can't use it again.

No... you don't ... read the top of the text... it says you don't need to...
(█████████████████████Ξ||||||()██()||||||Ξ█████████████████████)

Rhyltran
12.13.2011 , 09:30 AM | #1046
Quote: Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
There is no basis for claiming the ratio between physical and digital copies of Rift is equal to ToR.
There is no basis but it's something to consider. My point is 939,000 physical pre-orders does not, in anyway shape or form, mean that there's only 1,000,000 pre-orders total. The numbers can be huge. Regardless, either way, this is the biggest launch in mmo history (correct me if I'm wrong.) it's very possible that the total pre-orders exceed 3,000,000. It's possible it's less to but when people claim "Well such and such mmo didn't need to stagger their release!" that mmo also didn't have the explosion of players SWTOR has.

Noice
12.13.2011 , 09:30 AM | #1047
are people really this dumb

Get a job and stop worrying, we will still get to play the game before "release", even if its less than 5 days like you think you got "promised".

UP TO 5 DAYS.

read it and comprehend what it means. You may not get in today! OH NO! go back to league of legends and be bad at that game, or worse, WoW.

vladtepez
12.13.2011 , 09:30 AM | #1048
Signed up 26:th - I guess I am far away...

wyodragon
12.13.2011 , 09:31 AM | #1049
Quote: Originally Posted by ZPriest View Post
I feel for you man I really do. You should definately be in before me. Im still not in yet and i pre-ordered July 22nd and redeemed the code that night at 8:11pm pacifc. Seen people on the 22nd getting in, as well as 23rd. Even saw a Novemeber redemption in already.
I would not believe everything you see in the forums most people lie in them and never tell the truth anyways
NerfHerder

CodenameMaul
12.13.2011 , 09:31 AM | #1050
We all need to be PATIENCE!!!

Anyy BALTS , scandinavians??
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=3035
DESTRUCTION, LIKE ALL THINGS, IS MINE TO COMMAND.!!!