Is it possible to solo Heroic +4 at Section X ?

Suplax

First time in Section X , got all the quests I could.

There is this Heroic +4 quest , it is possible to solo it ? Or i need to hunt for players ?

I mean , the servers are really not that full of people , even ops it's hard to find people.

First time in Section X , got all the quests I could.

There is this Heroic +4 quest , it is possible to solo it ? Or i need to hunt for players ?

I mean , the servers are really not that full of people , even ops it's hard to find people.

Yes, completety possible and easy. The tricky part is to constantly interrupt boss, and if he throws force siphon - stop all healings at all. Including companion. Or this fight will not end.

Yes, completety possible and easy. The tricky part is to constantly interrupt boss, and if he throws force siphon - stop all healings at all. Including companion. Or this fight will not end.

Than you sir , it's comforting to know.

Hi,

If it is the Aurora-cannon you are talking about then you can choose to avoid the boss-fight entirely (boss is not needed for completion).

You can just walk past him on the sides and click the core.

Regards

/T

That used to be group mandatory because of click gates (1-2 players needed to click and then stand still to hold the door open, then the others needed to do the same from the other side) and a "puzzle" at the end (1 player needed to click and hold on the console, then the next 2 needed to click and hold on the things on the sides, then the last 1 could destroy the thing in the center). I think the boss was mandatory before that last part as well.

But they eventually tweaked it to be soloable by removing the gates, making the boss just be for a bonus, and removing the "puzzle" at the end. (Plus probably a balance pass in line with what they did to convert planetary heroic 4s to all just be heroic 2s.)

People had been asking for something like that for a long time. Because Section X had been part of the level 50 end-game and it saw a lot less traffic as Makeb came out (raising the cap to 55) and then again as Rishi/Yavin came out (raising the cap to 60). For anybody who did visit Section X when it was no longer "current", it wasn't surprising if there weren't enough other people there to even have a chance of forming a group.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

There are how many H4 left in the game? Three? This one, the macrobinocular which requires four players to get to the last boss and the seeker droid thats one of the hardest missions to solo at the end. Why make only one of them soloable?

The encounters in that heroic are still some of the toughest single-player fights I've found in-game. They're big; and they're well-supplied with healers (there's at least 2 healers in each pull, and some have 3.) If you don't burn down the healers first, you're going to be in trouble, and if you miss a beat at the wrong time and you're badly placed, you're going to get a paddling from the sheer amount of incoming fire. These are not combats you can pass by spamming basic attacks and GCD AoEs.

There are how many H4 left in the game? Three? This one, the macrobinocular which requires four players to get to the last boss and the seeker droid thats one of the hardest missions to solo at the end. Why make only one of them soloable?

Why leave the other two as group-required, though? This one, at least, is much harder than the H2+, and does not reward alliance boxes upon completion (and I'm not sure it's on the mission terminal at fleet/odessen, either - I always pick it up on-planet).

It's part of a Weekly that otherwise does not require grouping (the Area mission that's part of the weekly doesn't require grouping any more either). The Macro quest and the Dread Seed quest don't require grouping until the end, either. The "new direction" of SWTOR is that if it's not in group finder, you don't need to group for it.

It's part of a Weekly that otherwise does not require grouping (the Area mission that's part of the weekly doesn't require grouping any more either). The Macro quest and the Dread Seed quest don't require grouping until the end, either. The "new direction" of SWTOR is that if it's not in group finder, you don't need to group for it.

Removing group content outside raids/dungeons from a multiplayer game creates a very anti-social environment. Everytime someone asks for other players to join in, the others reply "you can do that solo", removing the chance to gain bonus rewards. Its forcing people to join guilds where most of them only recruit players that want to raid.

Yeah, Ive seen that before and its not pretty...

Edited by Zasszz

That used to be group mandatory because of click gates (1-2 players needed to click and then stand still to hold the door open, then the others needed to do the same from the other side) and a "puzzle" at the end (1 player needed to click and hold on the console, then the next 2 needed to click and hold on the things on the sides, then the last 1 could destroy the thing in the center). I think the boss was mandatory before that last part as well.

But they eventually tweaked it to be soloable by removing the gates, making the boss just be for a bonus, and removing the "puzzle" at the end. (Plus probably a balance pass in line with what they did to convert planetary heroic 4s to all just be heroic 2s.)

People had been asking for something like that for a long time. Because Section X had been part of the level 50 end-game and it saw a lot less traffic as Makeb came out (raising the cap to 55) and then again as Rishi/Yavin came out (raising the cap to 60). For anybody who did visit Section X when it was no longer "current", it wasn't surprising if there weren't enough other people there to even have a chance of forming a group.

Wait did they get rid of the doors that require them to be opened with more than one person ?!!?! and you don't need 4 clickers "4 players" anymore!?!?!?! The whole reason I stopped going to Section X because I couldn't finish the weekly because there was never more than 2 to 3 people on that planet at one time... Well hell guess I'm doing the good old Section X weekly again :D

Edited by Legolose

Even easier, don't fight the boss at all.

Removing group content outside raids/dungeons from a multiplayer game creates a very anti-social environment. Everytime someone asks for other players to join in, the others reply "you can do that solo", removing the chance to gain bonus rewards. Its forcing people to join guilds where most of them only recruit players that want to raid.

If you want to do it with a group, no one is stopping you except you. And those who want to do it solo can now do it solo. I really didn't care that it required 4 before, and I care just as little that it can be soloed now. Play how you like but don't look to the game to "force" people to group with you.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Even easier, don't fight the boss at all.

If you want to do it with a group, no one is stopping you except you. And those who want to do it solo can now do it solo. I really didn't care that it required 4 before, and I care just as little that it can be soloed now. Play how you like but don't look to the game to "force" people to group with you.

He wants people to be forced to group with him.

I just came back to the game a few months ago after a long hiatus and I embarked on section X dailies in order to catch up with reps. If only I knew I could skip that last boss every time... did that daily on many characters to farm rep up, to the point I was killing it fairly quickly and taking minimal damage. Glad I'm done with that part already.

So thanks to this thread I tried it out yesterday - on my Jugg no less (double health bar). I did die two times and the last boss would regen FOREVER - fight lasted 1/4h. But I did it.

AAAAH what a change from faceroll "heroics"... yay!!!

The only other option for some challenging solo content is to take on a tactical fp on your own. :cool:

The champion on Voss in the trials heroic takes longer to kill than this boss. Just interrupt the siphon and lifeforce you are fine. Took about 3 mins to take him down.

Huh, I never have enough interrupts to stop all his heal casts. You use grenades or something?

You can interrupt the first few casts, the debuff where he redirects heals to himself, but once he gets into the HP range to do the long life drain cast I need to save my lone interrupt for that one. I usually end up putting my heal pet on passive when he puts healing steal debuff on me and kite him.

The H4 from Section X is the only one I can speak to, but I can tell you that trying to find a group for this was nearly impossible on POT5. I leveled 22 toons on that server and for awhile it was pretty easy to get a group for it (before the recent change) but in the last two years...next to impossible for spur of the moment play time.

This change is a welcome one in my opinion.

Huh, I never have enough interrupts to stop all his heal casts. You use grenades or something?

You can interrupt the first few casts, the debuff where he redirects heals to himself, but once he gets into the HP range to do the long life drain cast I need to save my lone interrupt for that one. I usually end up putting my heal pet on passive when he puts healing steal debuff on me and kite him.

I don;t interrupt every cast, but I get most. My interrupt cool down is 12secs, so I can get many cast.

Edited by -Highsteel-

If you're having trouble with the boss and really don't want to skip.. and don't mind cheese....... all of his casts require LoS, you can lure him back to a pillar, fight him there and just pop around the corner if he starts casting something and your interrupt is on cooldown. :D

If you're having trouble with the boss and really don't want to skip.. and don't mind cheese....... all of his casts require LoS, you can lure him back to a pillar, fight him there and just pop around the corner if he starts casting something and your interrupt is on cooldown. :D

I don't even know why people bother to fight him in any event.

I don't even know why people bother to fight him in any event.

Like I said above, I no longer fight him- the reward for completing the bonus task is around 7-8K; and you can rush into range of the EMP grenade, toss it, and get a "free" teleport back to start by jumping into the water.