conquest

Calwred

I wish to that whomever did this, i created 2 new alts and i have been playing the last few days and i have noticed that while i have been getting conquest points for them, they are not being credited to my guild's conquest point goal. on the 2 alts I have about 300k conquest points gained, but this week it is like i got 0 on both, It seemed since that since these alts were created after the update, the points are not good.

It seems they were not be able to get conquest points, til after the reset on the 18th, so i wasted time and effort on creating 2 new alts and playing them to get points, when their points are basically thrown in the trash.

I wish to that whomever did this, i created 2 new alts and i have been playing the last few days and i have noticed that while i have been getting conquest points for them, they are not being credited to my guild's conquest point goal. on the 2 alts I have about 300k conquest points gained, but this week it is like i got 0 on both, It seemed since that since these alts were created after the update, the points are not good.

It seems they were not be able to get conquest points, til after the reset on the 18th, so i wasted time and effort on creating 2 new alts and playing them to get points, when their points are basically thrown in the trash.

Toons that are newly invited to any guild have a cool down now. They wont get points until the next reset AFTER getting invited. There has been info everywhere about this change way before it went live. The reason for this change was an attempt to curb the conquest exploits the larger guilds were doing.

Toons that are newly invited to any guild have a cool down now. They wont get points until the next reset AFTER getting invited. There has been info everywhere about this change way before it went live. The reason for this change was an attempt to curb the conquest exploits the larger guilds were doing.

Well explained, and I completely symphatise with the OP - its a complete pain for any fair minded player joining a fair minded guild.

Well explained, and I completely symphatise with the OP - its a complete pain for any fair minded player joining a fair minded guild.

Blame that on the hire-and-fire guilds that were not fair-minded. The change was made to make it so that guilds didn't repeatedly (during each CQ week) recruit a bunch of noobs and then kick them as soon as each one made his or her 50K CQ points. (Prior to the change, which was for 6.2.1, guilds kept the points generated by anyone who was in the guild for any amount of time, even during the character's first CQ week. This led to "hire and fire" being the rule for "top" CQ guilds.)

The reason for this change was an attempt to curb the conquest exploits the larger guilds were doing.

This led to "hire and fire" being the rule for "top" CQ guilds.

Don't paint all large guilds with the same brush. Mine has never done that and I can think of several others who do well in conquest who also never mass ninja invited + kicked people. Across all servers it was only 5-7 guilds doing that on a weekly basis. Most of them are still doing it although the change has slowed them down.

There were better ways the problem could of been handled which would of put a stop to it entirely without inconveniencing new and returning players but whoever was in a decision making position thought letting them continue on a limited basis was best :rolleyes:

I also have heard of a few, that if you are in the guild, you can only have a limited number of alts in the guild and if any alt in guild doesn't meet their quota of conquest points they are kicked from the guild, the only time we have kicked alts if ithe have been gone a long amount of time (150 days) or if they ERPed, since we are a non ERP guild, or for language and disrespect of a another guild member or any other player.

I also have heard of a few, that if you are in the guild, you can only have a limited number of alts in the guild and if any alt in guild doesn't meet their quota of conquest points they are kicked from the guild, the only time we have kicked alts if ithe have been gone a long amount of time (150 days) or if they ERPed, since we are a non ERP guild, or for language and disrespect of a another guild member or any other player.

Just what are you trying to achieve here. Its as though youve never been in a guild before. Different guilds can set their own rules if they so wish. If they have an alt limit then thats a rule you must follow. Other guilds dont care how many you have...but you have to remember that there is a member cap to think about. I clearly understand any guild that has a rule to limit alts.

Now, its very understandable to kick toons that have been idle for an excessive amount of time. They are taking slots that can be used for more active players. Ive been in many guilds in many games that had these rules in place. People have a tenancy to take full advantage of things like this if not kept in check...and they have to be regulated.

So again, i ask....what is your objective here. Your reporting things that are in my opinion...just normal guild rule sets. (okay, maybe not the alt not meeting the 50k quota....thats a bit silly) Nothing to worry about. You have to find a guild that has rules that fit your play style or perhaps what youre able to tolerate. Leave the rest alone.

Edited by HiltoftheDragon

Could have been avoided if you had some planning before May 4th. Pre-created your alts on May 3rd, and Joined the Monday before weekly reset and you only have your conquest points pending for less than 1 day.

You are penalized if you don't think in advance when you need/want to get points for a guild.

Edited by Falensawino

This change is over 2 months old.

Conquests

• Upon joining a guild, new guild members no longer earn Guild Conquest Points, Guild XP, Invasion Rewards, and Conqueror Achievements until the next Conquest reset.
    • Example: If a player joins a guild on Friday, they will not be able to contribute to the Guild points and XP until the next Conquest Event (the following Tuesday at 12:00PM UTC).
    • Newly-created Guilds will not be able to accrue any Conquest points or Guild XP until the next Conquest Event.
    • Due to these changes to Guild Conquests Commendation Rewards from Invasion will be tallied at the end of the active Conquest, and rewarded when the next Conquest event starts.

In addition, there is information in the game about it.

(Red mark in the screenshot)

https://imgur.com/a/06NIiGy

Two threads would not have been necessary.

I replied in the other thread.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=993393

There. now your post is in this thread.

Edited by Falensawino

Don't paint all large guilds with the same brush. Mine has never done that and I can think of several others who do well in conquest who also never mass ninja invited + kicked people. Across all servers it was only 5-7 guilds doing that on a weekly basis. Most of them are still doing it although the change has slowed them down.

There were better ways the problem could of been handled which would of put a stop to it entirely without inconveniencing new and returning players but whoever was in a decision making position thought letting them continue on a limited basis was best :rolleyes:

Fair comment, but, as you say, the number of "hire and fire" guilds was not zero, and that practice is definitely a bad thing. Presumably the ones who are still doing it mass-hire on Mondays / early (= before noon GMT) on Tuesday and mass-fire after reset on Tuesdays, but a week later.

150 days? wow