Next 2 strongholds should be Kaliyo's Apartment and a Personal Fleet Ship/Station

Pietrastor

It's safe to assume every SWTOR planet has its fans who would love a stronghold to be made available there. However, 2 of the most consistient and popular suggestions I've been seeing throughout the years are Kaliyo's Apartment and a Personal Fleet Ship/Station. I agree with the sentiment and wanted to sum up the arguments behind both so Bioware can act on it soon :)

Kaliyo's Apartment has been long requested by both Strongholds enthusiasts and most importantly... by the players who care little for decorating. I'm of the former group, but I completly understand the latter group - there's nothing more off-putting and daunting for a player who's not very into MMO housing features than a gigantic Stronghold to purchase and fill up. SWTOR's had a LOT of those, especially recently. Rishi and Alderaan are simpley enormous, so is Yavin and Tatooine. Even the smallest of the available strongholds (Coruscant, Dromund, Umbara) still require hundreds and HUNDREDS of decorations to complete. It's high time for a really compact apartment stronghold and Kaliyo's Zakuul Apartment has been long requested and it's simply perfect for the purpouse.

Personal Fleet Ship/Station is the other most often requested stronghold. People love guildships, but they have their disadvantages - mainly being the shared aspect and difficulties of expanding the ships. Players wish to have an access to fleet chat while still being able to design their own Fleet Ship/Space Station. And considering that this is Star Wars, it's only fitting we would have a personal space stronghold. Personally, I would suggest adding real Starfighter models into such stronghold, displaying all the customizations purchased in Starfighter Hangar. This would incentivize GSF participation and cuztomization of the ships.

Edited by Pietrastor

If we're going to flog this dead horse again, I'll again make my pitch.

Trophy Room/Museum/Zoo - a basic building in some neutral location where you can put your trophies on the walls and display your collection of pets and/or mounts and/or any other decos you just want to display. There's no need for anything fancy - it can just be a basic warehouse.

• 4 weeks later...
B]Kaliyo's Apartment [/b]has been long requested by both Strongholds enthusiasts and most importantly... by the players who care little for decorating. I'm of the former group, but I completly understand the latter group - there's nothing more off-putting and daunting for a player who's not very into MMO housing features than a gigantic Stronghold to purchase and fill up. SWTOR's had a LOT of those, especially recently. Rishi and Alderaan are simpley enormous, so is Yavin and Tatooine. Even the smallest of the available strongholds (Coruscant, Dromund, Umbara) still require hundreds and HUNDREDS of decorations to complete. It's high time for a really compact apartment stronghold and Kaliyo's Zakuul Apartment has been long requested and it's simply perfect for the purpouse.

You have a critical error in the above. People who don't care about decorating, well, they don't care about decorating. They will put down a set of convenient decorations (mailbox, guild/cargo/legacy storage kiosks, Jawa token vendors, a GTN kiosk, perhaps an Appearance kiosk) and that's it. It doesn't matter whether they have one or a thousand other hooks to put decorations on, those hooks will be empty.

They might buy all the rooms for the Conquest bonus +%, but that's approximately 100% unrelated to whether people like decorating, ever since BioWare removed decoration % from the Conquest bonus. Even before that point, people just slapped down whatever decorations they had so they could get to the maximum bonus.

You have a critical error in the above. People who don't care about decorating, well, they don't care about decorating. They will put down a set of convenient decorations (mailbox, guild/cargo/legacy storage kiosks, Jawa token vendors, a GTN kiosk, perhaps an Appearance kiosk) and that's it. It doesn't matter whether they have one or a thousand other hooks to put decorations on, those hooks will be empty.

This is exactly the way my Nar Shadaa stronghold is. A while back, as I was doing the Nightlife event, I usually used my NS SH to travel there (and lately, the same for the Feast).

In order to make things convenient, the main entrance area of my NS SH has - a vendor, the 3 storage bays, a GTN terminal, a mailbox, and an Appearance station. That's it. 🙂

(But, I do have a fully decorated Tatooine SH.)

Edit: I have all the Strongholds except Rishi. The only ones that are decorated are Tatooine (fully), Yavin 4 that holds my pet and mount collection (and little else), and the above mentioned Nar Shadaa. The rest are completely empty.

I'm still waiting for that ideal SH - one sort of like Tatooine, but with a more temperate climate like Dantooine.

Edited by JediQuaker

They might buy all the rooms for the Conquest bonus +%, but that's approximately 100% unrelated to whether people like decorating, ever since BioWare removed decoration % from the Conquest bonus. Even before that point, people just slapped down whatever decorations they had so they could get to the maximum bonus.

Steve is right.

For those that hate to decorate no matter what size it is they will not decorate. We have two guild members that have all the strongholds (for the bonuses) but just the basic stuff needed. The rest is empty where it is like Coruscant or Yavin it doesn't matter lol. Me on the other hand, will decorate each and every one no matter how long it takes. I tend to make themes for each of mine and try to stick to the theme. I.E. If it a Jedi one then I will not use any Sith decorations. Same with a sith stronghold.

Regarding the Personal fleet ship--The one thing we hate on our guild ship is the fleet chat. I would love the option never to have fleet chat in our stronghold and that would the be one request I would want in a personal fleet ship-No fleet chat. So no this player does not want that chat. p.

Edited by casirabit