Is mid 2021 a good time to get invested in the game?

thufirhawat

I have recently rediscovered SWTOR.

I actually played the closed beta back in the day, was waiting for the release, then life happened with all its joy and grief, and lost track of SWTOR.

Came back to my radar recently, so I subbed for a month to test it out without the f2p restrictions, I so far find it very enjoyable and there seem to be plenty of players in the starting areas.

But what do the vererans say? Is worth investing your time amd monthly fee if you start out in 2021?

I'm mostly after the stories with the occasional dungeon or raid, maybe a bit of pvp.

If you are new to the game, and are interested in playing the 'story', there is a lot to do that can keep you busy for a long time. Even if they never added anything after 6.3, there's years worth of things to do. (If you include all the things like, 'story' questing, GSF, PvP, macrobinocular quests, seeker droid quests, flashpoints, operations, housing (strongholds), GTN, etc, etc.)

If you are interested mainly in 'endgame' stuff, there's as much in SWTOR as there is in most games.

This December is the 10th anniversary, and so the game will be going at least until then. 😇

I was there at release and played for a couple months, then life also happened for me, then other games, then more life. I got back into PC gaming about 6 years ago, got back into playing WoW and played it till a month or so ago and began to look into other games and also rediscovered this one as well. Been trying to figure it all out as I played, so it's never too late to play, I'm an example of someone also coming back after forever being gone.

Hey man, I've been playing this game on and off since release. If you've never really played the game, I say it's 100% worth giving it a shot. Even if you are unsure about doing dungeons, raids, PvP, events etc., the story alone is worth it, and that will keep you busy for quite a while. And by busy I mean if you want to go like 100% completionist with the quests and such, it will easily keep you busy till the end of the year. Even if you just want to do the main story bits, you are still in for months of content. So you should give it a shot and see if you enjoy that aspect of the game.

And when you feel like you want to get into group content, there are plenty of players around doing it. Daily raids, dungeons queues pop easily and all that good stuff. Suffice it to say that the population has been on the rise this last year due to all the Star Wars TV series, movies and video games that have come out.

The developers are doing their best to keep the game up and about although they are not getting a lot of support from EA from what I'm aware. The community rage on them occasionally but most players you'll meet in-game are satisfied or at the very least content with the state of the game as of now.