Dark projects

exfell

As of late I have started to feel crafting dark projects profitably is more and more difficult. The GTN prices do not seem to have, even yet, reflected the rise in price of the new exotic materials and the supply of old ones is running dry.

Something can of course be done by stalking the GTN but that has it's limits.

Anyone else feeling this or any tips to give if you can still keep up a profitable business with the current market?

Craft something else.

If you are asking "how do I craft this so I can make a profit", you are asking the wrong question.

Ask, instead, what you can craft that will make a profit, and craft that.

No, I was asking if anyone else had experienced it since obviously there still are many people that are selling them for the unexpectedly low prices.

Ofc I have stopped crafting them for the time being and they were a minor fraction of my crafting to begin with. That has nothing to do with what I asked.

i would dare to say this is because this is a crafting week? i have seen many dark projects in gtn mainly because people did the final step of combining invasion forces + exotic and now there is a huge number of those items - just wait a few days imo

I was talking of a longer term trend, not this week solely but that is a good reminder for anyone looking at market prices right now. There is also a longer term trend upwards but it has just been way slower than one would expect.

Conquest might indeed explain some of it.

For me this is just a curiosity regarding how the market behaves.

On my server the pricing of exotic isotopes (the old ones)is starting to approach a point where it is feasible to use jawa scrap for them, usually you get better return for trading to other stuff though. Even then better to sell to gtn directly rather than craft to dps Edited by exfell

in guild mumble we were recently talking about how DPs have come down in value. That said, on Harb, they are valued at 500k when we were talking about it (pre-craftquest). Whether people are buying them at that price is another story. Honestly, at the time, I did not think much of it.

But when you get right down to it, the gathering skill materials are a pittance: one pass of rich, bountiful, and abundant missions in each grade (9 and 8) for each gathering skill, or go to Yavin and Darvannis for three or four nodes of each gathering skill type. Therefore, the value of DPs only comes from the exotic materials and the time it takes to craft all the parts: components, war supplies, invasion force.

I also think that craftquest is playing a part in the value because in the last few months we have had two other "craftquests": Total Galactic War happened in the spring, and the new conquest for Iokath included crafting. And on Harb the winner of Iokath got more conquest points than the rest of the top ten combined. So there are a LOT of Invasion Forces out there.

And beware we have two more craftquest weeks coming: Trade Emporium starting Aug 15th and Titans of Industry (again) starting Sept 26th

edit: just looked at GTN value of DPs and isotopes on Harb...DPs are a significant loss at the moment 280k each where the isotopes to craft them go for 520k for the 8 RIS required to make one DP (or 600k for 4 EIS)

Edited by psandak

• 4 years later...