Coming events, Sept. Oct.

Ramalina

Next events on the Ramalina events calendar: Sept 18, Tag, aka Ramalina's birthday bash. Tag Ramalina, or maybe bash Ramalina, with whatever weapons you've got. Custom matches at least to start. Unfortunately the custom matches require standard numbers balance, so my team needs at least the other team minus two players. Thanks to some good suggestions, instead of dying of boredom it was suggested that people could be dirty cheaters and try to outheal and/or do nonlethal snare effects on the pursuit team. Starts 7:30 p.m. EDT, 3:30 pm Pacific, 11:30 UTC. Starforge server.

Seriously Stock Night. Starting Custom Matches, then transitioning to general queue perhaps. Stock ships with stock components, and no upgrades: T1F, T1S, T1G, T2G, and the decimus/sledgehammer. Any crew you like. September 25. Start time: 9 pm UTC, 5 pm EDT, 2pm PDT. Server Starforge.

Oct. 9. Bombergeddon TDM. Fight to the death, In Bombers!. No powerdive allowed. One Tensor Scout per side will be allowed to expedite the start of matches, provided the scout solemnly swears to faceplant into terrain and respawn in a bomber by the end of the first minute of the match. Embrace the purity of classic WWII style dogfighting (it's not very fast paced except for the dying). Depending on how things go in the first match or two event organizer reserves right to also ban Proton Torps and Railgun Drones, so bear that in mind if you're not already drowning in unspent requisition. 6 p.m. EDT, 2 pm Pacific, 10 pm UTC Starforge.

Oct. 17. Tier one component night. Any ship, any component build, no component upgraded beyond the first upgrade level. 6 p.m. EDT, 2 pm Pacific, 10 pm UTC Starforge.

Edited by Ramalina

I'm thinking something on an EU server at a particularly EU friendly time, say 7 pm UTC for 6 Nov. EU players chime in on requests if you have them.

My problem with last week's Super Serious Night was the time. As a registered recovering (in remission) Crohn's patient who had major surgery 13 months ago, its critical that I get to bed on time. As such I stop playing GSF - or whatever I am doing that evening - at 21:00 and chill out. I make sure I am in bed by 22:00. As long as I am strict about this I seem to function well, but I don't have the stamina in me yet to stay up to midnight fully focused and wide eyed gaming.

That said I appreciate US players can't play too early due to work and day time commitments.

• 3 weeks later...