Streaming GSF

Drakkolich

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommsunb is streaming at the moment at this address

twitch.tv/tomeateejedota

I thoroughly enjoyed Tomm's stream, watched the recording of the whole thing. There were many highlights, and great flying given the quality of teams he was on most of the night. The exchange of messages with his critic at the end was a fitting epilogue. It was very instructive to see his target selection, gun accuracy, choice of where to attack, when to retreat, etc. I hope he gets some more evenly matched teams next time. And a new 3 key.

- Despon

Tommsunb is streaming at the moment at this address

twitch.tv/tomeateejedota

L2Play! You need objectives in DOM! You're terrible! :D

Honestly, though, my 1 small criticism, which got better as the vid went on, was the volume of the music. Made it hard for me to hear you comment as you flew. Still, entertaining to watch, so thanks for that. :)

Edited by nyghtrunner

The rage at the end of Tomm's game was priceless, when Tomm was telling me about it in mumble I had no idea how much he had put into the game or how close it had been.

Still though everytime I watch and Tomm is 1000m from a green satellite flashing and it turns white my soul dies a little.

The rage at the end of Tomm's game was priceless, when Tomm was telling me about it in mumble I had no idea how much he had put into the game or how close it had been.

Still though everytime I watch and Tomm is 1000m from a green satellite flashing and it turns white my soul dies a little.

I've started getting the rage a lot more since I've been working on GS flight (kind of for records, kind of just to learn how to fly one, kind of for achievements...). I don't know why, but it feels like if I get 20+ kills in a Stingfire, no one bats an eye. But if I do it in a GS, people go all, "RAWR! GUNSHEEP!!! RAWR!!!" It's actually gotten a little tiring.

But yeah. Tommm did a lot of work in that match, and while I might have stayed to help cap a bit longer at points here and there than he does, his flight style is very effective. He's doing as much to help his team by pushing their gunships back towards their spawn in Denon as he would LOSing them, and sitting there to cap it himself.

I guess I sort of figured out with Scrabs that it's sometimes just better to unleash him and let him go do his thing, and make it your job to clean up little things like capping sats, because he's so much more effective out there hunting. I've never flown with Tommm (that I know about, although I have a suspicion the person offering to have my baby in exchange for a pod refill on JC once was him), only against him a handful of times, but I imagine he's similar.

Tomm, senpai will never notice you! :D

Sorry for all the heavy focusing from Eclipse Squadron. Wednesdays are normally our big "everyone keeps queueing" night, and we're struggling to keep the guild in top 10 Conquest this week--if not for that, more of us would've switched to <Nova Squadron> (our Republic mirror) to balance sides. And you were the only big name for anyone to target on the Republic side.

That being said, I was personally trying to give you some space to have fun, because I knew you were going to get focused hard by everyone else.

Whether due to your Reinforced Armor or broken 3 key, you did seem more mortal than usual, and I won a couple duels I did not expect to win (especially when I got you with my Bloodmark!)

A couple notes:

* I LOL'd so hard when you grabbed that DO in the Star Destroyer and immediately crashed. It happened right in front of me. I totally used the Force to make you crash.

* I'm glad you were amused by my Jurgoran Power Die on Denon :) It was funny to see from your perspective! "Every man Power Dies. Not every man really Power Lives."

* This was the first time I've ever watched anyone try to kill my TDM Blackbolt, from their perspective. It's a S2E/Speed build, and I'm almost always boosting when not tunneling on a target. I was pleased to see that it was as fast and squirrely as I'd hoped it was. You seemed to have a hard time keeping me in range as soon as I was aware of you.

* I was surprised you beat me to that DO in southern Kuat, especially since I'd beaten you to to the one in Lost Shipyards the prior match. I spawned at the southwestern beacon, and you at the east beacon. I do have speed thrusters, but I also have Power Dive (whereas you had Barrel Roll). And no, once you got the DO, I didn't come hunt you--I chickened out and went to feed on your team!

* Attach is from Jung Ma and recently came to Eclipse Squadron. He's a great Gunship, very good at ace suppression (I know this from him focusing my pub alt).

* You made Borolind rage-quit :p

* What was that you were saying about the 0 key and not having to adjust aim?!

* I do think that in Domination, you could spare a few extra seconds to max-cap a satellite after it turns green. A couple of times, you'd get a sat green, only to immediately leave before putting on the extra buffer.

Edited by Nemarus

back on the forums for a month, thanks everybody for your feedback, a few things, I'm going to bet money on that having been me Hawke, and as for being more mortal, yeah, I've been playing with a broken left hand and I'm unable to pull off most of my maneuvers, I'm only able to really use 2 fingers semi- effectively and my thumb. Having a tendency to hit wrong buttons so that was why I kept running into things. As for hitting X and not having to adjust aim, most good pilots have got into the tendency to auto-adjust their aim to what they'd expect naturally. (It's just something that happens psychologically, if a machine-gunner shot enough they'd have the same outcome.) So as a mind trick, sometimes I just stop moving when I'm jousting, jousting usually only takes 2 seconds at most so I'm not sitting still for long enough for it to be that noticeable. It's a trick that usually only works once a match, if it works more than once on somebody, I milk it to death.

But yeah, when I wrote "One-handed GSF" as the title I was only half-kidding.

As for spending more time on the node, it's not that viable an option with quads/pods, you end up doing a whole lotta nothing.

Edited by tommmsunb

As for spending more time on the node, it's not that viable an option with quads/pods, you end up doing a whole lotta nothing.

I guess in a way, that's kind of what I mean. You seem to be much more effective when you're out there free ranging and diving right at the enemy. From light observation, Scrabs was the same way. His flight style demanded so much attention that it's just silly to try to reign him in a lot of times. Just let him go in, and clean up after. Sometimes that meant just following him into a group, and cleaning up as they all turned to look at him. Sometimes it meant just letting him go do his thing, and stopping at a sat long enough to complete a full cap or whatever.

And I was almost positive that was you at the time. The comment and seeing you rocking QnP struck a chord, and the stat line at the end was enough to make me assume. Believe I even pinged you after the match to say sick line, or something to that effect. Was a hilarious comment, though. :)

And if you're doing all that partially one-handed (I wondered what that was all about), even more impressive. You were still extremely effective, despite the random retros and such.