6.0 schematics

Csillagkari

How we can actually get 303 schematics/crafting recipes?

I was able to gram a full set of 300/302 gear in 2 days of gameplay (running flashpoints with my lvl 75 char) he started in old 260 gear. I was working 8/10 hours a day (rl), so calculate with few hours gameplay in night hours.

Now with a great effort I reached 700 in some crafting and gathering skills. Now I'm wondering that where we can get 303 schematics? I count as 303 is the base / the origo after 6.0 and logically with crafting we go just for stat variations, amplifier variations.

- I could not find any schematics at crafting vendors

- I deconstructed about 100+ looted gear/item modification that all were trash/for scrap items: "cannot learn new schematics by deconstructing the items"

Do I miss something?

Thanks in advance for the info!

for current content you can only learn schematics from the vendors, and items you yourself craft, nothing else. they do go all the way up to 306, but are not worthwhile for anything except augments and reusables due to absurd costs.

Thank you so much for the info!

So basically, I should buy the tier 268 schematics from crafting vendors and by item destruction I have a chance to salvage out schematics up to 306 from it?

And yes, I read that the cost is a bit out of reach, but I did not even reach that stage :D

Apropos cost; Where can we get / gather / loot the matrix cubes? They are random drops of FPs , or random gathering drops?

My issue right now that this crafting system seems not complex, but a bit messy, but it also could be that there are some hidden layers as:

- could it be that if we max out (let’s say) related crafting critical chance OR efficiency amplifier stats than we can gather matrix cubes with great chance?

- or with the same above-mentioned way we can make looted tier 270+ gear salvageable for schematics?

Or I should not expect (complex) logic like that behind the scenes?

Thank you so much for the info!

So basically, I should buy the tier 268 schematics from crafting vendors and by item destruction I have a chance to salvage out schematics up to 306 from it?

Sort of. Deconstructed 268s will yield (eventually) schematics for 274s, then 274=>278, then 278=>286, etc. You'll eventually get to 306, but not in one jump directly from 268.

The chance of learning a schematic starts at 60% for 268=>274, then 20% for 274=>278, and gets lower from there.

Sort of. Deconstructed 268s will yield (eventually) schematics for 274s, then 274=>278, then 278=>286, etc. You'll eventually get to 306, but not in one jump directly from 268.

The chance of learning a schematic starts at 60% for 268=>274, then 20% for 274=>278, and gets lower from there.

Thanks for the info Steve.

Clear.

And it seems grindy! Specially with the % drop 60% to 20% ....wow such a large step is a no brainer, specially that we can farm out 302 gear in two days and from that point you just dress up all your alts in the and buying random ger for tech fragments, that all will be 100% at 302 or above.

Anyway, I will try out to salvage out a 306 schematic, just as an experiment, since all my alts can craft / gather, but if it turns out a mindless grind trap it could be that this new crafting system will be my ticket to a new mmo. But it also could be that there are some fun hidden layers, since let’s be honest, it’s a brand new system, so a team was working on it for weeks, they had to get several approvals by the management, and it was tested for several month on PTS - so I have hope.

[...]

Apropos cost; Where can we get / gather / loot the matrix cubes? They are random drops of FPs , or random gathering drops?[...]

Solid Resource Matrix comes from conquest, 2 for completing your personal weekly conquest, and 2(small yield) - 4(large yield) if your guild completes theirs also. Refined Isotope Stabilizer, comes from flashpoint and operation bosses. Legendary Embers come from deconstructing dropped gear (>300 irating, rare) and Wealthy Grade 11 crew missions (which come from slicing grade 11 nodes, and locckboxes)... all can be, and are, sellable to other players on the GTN.

My issue right now that this crafting system seems not complex, but a bit messy, but it also could be that there are some hidden layers as:

- could it be that if we max out (let’s say) related crafting critical chance OR efficiency amplifier stats than we can gather matrix cubes with great chance?

Nope. +Efficiency Amps are applied after normal efficiency, and only worth an actual ~4.5% at max efficiency. +Success is literally just something to cancel out the extra failure rate they added. +Critical amps are just plain broken, and currently does nothing, but it can be assumed to work either like +efficency (a percentage of remaining percentage) or like +succes (counteracting the newly discovered reduced crit rate based on item quality.)

- or with the same above-mentioned way we can make looted tier 270+ gear salvageable for schematics?

Nope. in fact there are supposed to be some old loot items that we can deconstruct for schematics, that haven't been fixed for many years.

Edited by Void_Singer

Solid Resource Matrix comes from conquest, 2 for completing your personal weekly conquest, and 2(small yield) - 4(large yield) if your guild completes theirs also. Refined Isotope Stabilizer, comes from flashpoint and operation bosses. Legendary Embers come from deconstructing dropped gear (>300 irating, rare) and Wealthy Grade 11 crew missions (which come from slicing grade 11 nodes, and locckboxes)... all can be, and are, sellable to other players on the GTN.

Nope. +Efficiency Amps are applied after normal efficiency, and only worth an actual ~4.5% at max efficiency. +Success is literally just something to cancel out the extra failure rate they added. +Critical amps are just plain broken, and currently does nothing, but it can be assumed to work either like +efficency (a percentage of remaining percentage) or like +succes (counteracting the newly discovered reduced crit rate based on item quality.)

Nope. in fact there are supposed to be some old loot items that we can deconstruct for schematics, that haven't been fixed for many years.

Or I should not expect (complex) logic like that behind the scenes?

Thanks for the matrix drop info! So being in a guild is a benefit.

I see the amp effects and their meaning, it's sad to hear that they are broken. I was hunting for all crit chance amps that is not an easy task, since they are in the 3. tier that is very rare in the top slot (that we can modify) +8 crit chance on top of a lvl 50 companion crit chance seemed great on paper, but it seems (as you mentioned) it's broken, so meaningless. + speed is not what I would go for. Even numerically it seemed a marginal destructible amp stat, it really has no role to gather or finishing a mission 4% faster. It would be 70%... in that case maybe I would call it beneficial.

And yea, it could be that I was just daydreaming about unlocking hidden layers of crafting by maxing out some of these (marginal) crafting amps - I just tried to find a meaning for them : D

some update:

I was able to RE 286 purple mods

Now I need 8 matrix to craft them, So if I get it right it will cost me 8 matrix to RE to the next tier IF I RE the mext tier for the first roll right?

How many matrix I need till 306? IF I RE everything for the first roll? (side note: lol)

To quote something from my first post: I was able to gather up a full 302 set by doing FP 4 hours / day and it took me 2 days as 8 hours gameplay - hard to compair it with crafting.

What is happening around crafting? It's a prank?

• 4 weeks later...
for current content you can only learn schematics from the vendors, and items you yourself craft, nothing else. they do go all the way up to 306, but are not worthwhile for anything except augments and reusables due to absurd costs.

I've been leveling schematics since 6.0 launch I cannot re engineer beyond 278. 1 cost, and two when I attempt to rng 278 armoring or any other schem it says Not available. (this is on 278 I have crafted not the drops).

So how do I get gear above 278 (if cost were no option) because rrng does not work.

I've been leveling schematics since 6.0 launch I cannot re engineer beyond 278. 1 cost, and two when I attempt to rng 278 armoring or any other schem it says Not available. (this is on 278 I have crafted not the drops).

So how do I get gear above 278 (if cost were no option) because rrng does not work.

Decon actual gear, not modifications. There's no point in worrying about moddable gear until you get to 306.

he's talking about learning schematics....

it's possible toe learn schematics for gear and mods all the way up to 306, although some are bugged to either display zero chance, or possibly even BE zero chance.

... truth be told NONE of the gear schematics are worthwhile. Only Augment stuff, consumables and reusaables are worthwhile to learn. maybe the tacticals and specialty armor sets. the reason is that everything else costs more to make than it will ever be worth and is inferior to what you get from basic drops.

How we can actually get 303 schematics/crafting recipes?

I was able to gram a full set of 300/302 gear in 2 days of gameplay (running flashpoints with my lvl 75 char) he started in old 260 gear. I was working 8/10 hours a day (rl), so calculate with few hours gameplay in night hours.

Now with a great effort I reached 700 in some crafting and gathering skills. Now I'm wondering that where we can get 303 schematics? I count as 303 is the base / the origo after 6.0 and logically with crafting we go just for stat variations, amplifier variations.

- I could not find any schematics at crafting vendors

- I deconstructed about 100+ looted gear/item modification that all were trash/for scrap items: "cannot learn new schematics by deconstructing the items"

Do I miss something?

Thanks in advance for the info!

I've been unable to get beyond 286 because of components needed. Those I can craft are not the problem so is the Processed isotope (just run a lot of flashpoints) it's the solid resource matrix that is total bs. They need to fix crafting or once you finish onslaught there is no reason to continue until.

• 1 year later...

306 mods/gear are not worth the time, effort or cost of crafting. You can get 306 items simply by running flashpoints and upgrading with drops as you go. Tech fragments may also be used on fleet to fill in any gaps for 306 gear you have.

All that said, the game will be changing VERY significantly in December so I wouldn't bother sinking too much into a gear build now since many current armors with set buffs will be garbage when 6.0.2 is released. All classes will be forced to make skill choices that make the current 306 gold armors obsolete.

Edited by Fleudermaus

306 mods/gear are not worth the time, effort or cost of crafting. You can get 306 items simply by running flashpoints and upgrading with drops as you go. Tech fragments may also be used on fleet to fill in any gaps for 306 gear you have.

All that said, the game will be changing VERY significantly in December so I wouldn't bother sinking too much into a gear build now since many current armors with set buffs will be garbage when 6.0.2 is released. All classes will be forced to make skill choices that make the current 306 gold armors obsolete.

Large Print Edition directives removed.

Yes, we know. Even at the beginning of last year, when that conversation happened, we knew.