Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Confused about how 7.0 is supposed to work?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Confused about how 7.0 is supposed to work?

Vego_Mohenjo
09.17.2021 , 07:28 PM | #21
I just had a thought that I wondered about... it's probably obvious, but I'm asking anyway.

So, my main is a Consular. I prefer the Consular abilities and playstyle. However, if I'd had a choice, I would have preferred to play the Consular in the KNIGHT story arc. The story is just more appealing, and there's an actual romance plot with a character worth romancing (Kira).

With 7.0, that choice will now be possible... but it's likely it would mean starting a NEW character... something I'm not willing to do. It's not the loss of xp or story progress, it's the loss of the various things I've unlocked or acquired over the years.

So, my question is, will it be possible to change the "origin story" of existing characters, allowing us to play through the new stories?
How would this affect the character as a whole, and story progress in general?

Just kind of thinking ahead.

Phazonfreak
09.17.2021 , 08:02 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Vego_Mohenjo View Post
So, my question is, will it be possible to change the "origin story" of existing characters, allowing us to play through the new stories?
How would this affect the character as a whole, and story progress in general?

Just kind of thinking ahead.
No, it will not be possible. Origin Stories will be the fixed progression arch of your character including the companions that you will get.

Vego_Mohenjo
09.17.2021 , 08:30 PM | #23
I expected that would be the case.

Too bad there's no way to reset the character back to L1 and start fresh (while keeping all the doodads he's unlocked). Like I say, I would be willing to lose all the progress, all the xp, and start fresh, if I could keep my stuff.

mike_carton
09.18.2021 , 02:14 PM | #24
I expected that would be the case.

Too bad there's no way to reset the character back to L1 and start fresh (while keeping all the doodads he's unlocked). Like I say, I would be willing to lose all the progress, all the xp, and start fresh, if I could keep my stuff.
What stuff is this that's been unlocked?
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.

Vego_Mohenjo
09.19.2021 , 07:23 PM | #25
Things like inventory space, collectibles, bank space, pets, costumes and so on.

JuventusAndFCK
09.19.2021 , 07:40 PM | #26
I was afraid it would be this way.

I don't want to play my Mercenary as a Sniper, I want to have my missiles and flames and such, but I would much rather use a rifle than dual pistols. That's all I wanted, I already HAVE a Sniper.
Agree with this. There are certain weapon/class combinations I would love to have if the game could allow it in the future.

I'd love for my powertech to be able to use rifle, my operator to carry just his pistol or for a warrior/knight to use a double-bladed lightsaber while retaining their original abilities and proficiencies.