Premade PVP teams should be in either Ranked or a different class all together

Quitince

how many times have you been playing pvp and you go up against a premade team? Lots im assuming... i think they should put them in either ranked or all class all their own... leave unranked to the ones that are not the best in the game or just trying to level quicker... the atmosphere gradually gets more and more unfriendly since kids could be playing as welll... im no saint but i have fallen into that way on occassion playing pvp... or just make it that their are no buffs... just the 7 you have when you start....maybe that is the idea... discuss

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how many times have you been playing pvp and you go up against a premade team? Lots im assuming... i think they should put them in either ranked or all class all their own... leave unranked to the ones that are not the best in the game or just trying to level quicker... the atmosphere gradually gets more and more unfriendly since kids could be playing as welll... im no saint but i have fallen into that way on occassion playing pvp... or just make it that their are no buffs... just the 7 you have when you start....maybe that is the idea... discuss

A few things:

The current Ranked season is over and the next one is a few months off at best.

You have an equal chance of being matched with a premade vs against them

Get gud

I highly doubt you care if you run up against 4 players from an average guild even if they are running tank and heals in a group. Just be honest and say you are tired of getting beaten by players who are better than you. Edited by abhaxus

• 2 weeks later...

Let me start off by saying, why should we want to give up our premade when we can destroy those that aren't?

I'm no fool. I know first hand that not being in a premade is getting the crappy end of a stick. When I had to PUG, I learned fast I wasn't much better than those with me doing the same. I got destroyed like the others that solo queue.

Once I got into a steady premade, no matter the size of it, it made such a huge difference. I later discovered I could make a discord premades where we can get together and communicate and they weren't the wiser that the reason we were destroying them was because we were a premade.

You may argue that its a social game and you can be with your friends on the game and play with them by fighting against them in a warzone by getting in the queue separate. If you said this to me, you would be absolutely right. I play with friends in my competing games and its alot of fun here and in other games.

You my argue that I can form premades and do ranked and have premade vs premade, and you would be right.

But here's the rub. Why? Why should I do all the above when I can just premade with my friends and destroy pug. I don't think there is anything wrong about feeling good about dominating others even if I have an advantage. It feels freaking great doing it and its so much fun. I had to pug for a time so let them take their turn and go through the agony I went through.

Let me start off by saying, why should we want to give up our premade when we can destroy those that aren't?

I'm no fool. I know first hand that not being in a premade is getting the crappy end of a stick. When I had to PUG, I learned fast I wasn't much better than those with me doing the same. I got destroyed like the others that solo queue.

Once I got into a steady premade, no matter the size of it, it made such a huge difference. I later discovered I could make a discord premades where we can get together and communicate and they weren't the wiser that the reason we were destroying them was because we were a premade.

You may argue that its a social game and you can be with your friends on the game and play with them by fighting against them in a warzone by getting in the queue separate. If you said this to me, you would be absolutely right. I play with friends in my competing games and its alot of fun here and in other games.

You my argue that I can form premades and do ranked and have premade vs premade, and you would be right.

But here's the rub. Why? Why should I do all the above when I can just premade with my friends and destroy pug. I don't think there is anything wrong about feeling good about dominating others even if I have an advantage. It feels freaking great doing it and its so much fun. I had to pug for a time so let them take their turn and go through the agony I went through.

The obvious question to that is why would people who like to pug, keep on queuing for your personal gratification?

The answer is they don’t. Many stop playing which drives player numbers down.

So what are you going to do when you’ve got no pugs to stomp and only ranked premades to play against who then stomp you into the ground every match. How much fun is that going to be when you become their personal gratification tool?

Your last statement is the sort of justification that bullies make when they pick on weaker people. Are you a bully in the real world too because it makes you feel good?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I'd love to get you and alrik fassen-whatever together, lock you in a closet and see what happens an hour later. like...will he be gutted, bleeding out in the corner? or will the two of you be like the gatekeeper and the keymaster, swapping bodily fluids like there's no tomorrow to bring forth Gozer, the traveller, the destroyer!

I'd love to get you and alrik fassen-whatever together, lock you in a closet and see what happens an hour later. like...will he be gutted, bleeding out in the corner? or will the two of you be like the gatekeeper and the keymaster, swapping bodily fluids like there's no tomorrow to bring forth Gozer, the traveller, the destroyer!

LOL, there is no Dana only Zuul

And that right there is the problem. Inherently, people don’t take issue with the premade system. The problem is that people like you purposefully set out to play the game in easy mode by stomping pug teams that don’t have the same advantage that you have just because you can. I’ll say to you what I say to every premade that pulls this nonsense: grow some balls and queue granked, or go beat up trash mobs in PvE to get your fix of “dominating others”. Stop being scared of a challenge and stop destroying other people’s experience of the PvP aspect of this game.

Premades aren't the issue - ever spawn camped one in Voidstar? Great fun watching them run

Comp stacking is the issue

And comp stacking with Force Bound dps jugg skanks are the worst. Those on SF know who they are.

It's like...yeah man, I can log my FB jugg tank too. Let's just bonk each other's heads all day. Thrilling pvp action right there.

Best strat is to q dodge or do another bracket of pvp.

What I see here is that I don't have friends and can't make a group to PvP. It is after all an MMO right? Heck technically two people grouped up could be considered a premade. So are you saying no one should group up for PvP at all just to make yourself feel better? I am sorry but I will not stop group queing with my friends. We have fun. We don't always win but we are still having fun. Premades can be beat and have been. Work with your team and strategies. Make a plan. If your team doesn't want to well then you are SOL. Can't fix stupid when people don't want to work together.

that people still dont get what will happen if you split up premades and force them to solo q.

1. number farmers: they dont care for any objective. they wont go for their friends, they just want to kill others. most likely the guy next to you isnt helping you because his friend wants to kill you.

2. people who actually want to win: will most likely sabotage their own team to help their friends to complete daily / weekly / conquest. next round its the other mates turn.

whats your benefit of that?

And comp stacking with Force Bound dps jugg skanks are the worst. Those on SF know who they are.

It's like...yeah man, I can log my FB jugg tank too. Let's just bonk each other's heads all day. Thrilling pvp action right there.

rofl

juggs are taking an inordinately long time to die in regs since I've been back. I'll eventually get on mine and see what's what. but this gear grind is rolling my eyes to the back of my head. I should not have picked assault to do it with. lul

explain why why a random assortment of good players, who aren't premading, still destroy a premade of bad players

Because the random assortment of players were good? You answered your own question in your post. ;)

The issue is you rarely get a random assortment of good players in one team anymore. It’s more like a few good players and 6 below average players vs premades.

The issue is the matchmaking system is borked, not that it’s a premade vs pug. We use to get way more good random pug teams in the old days before we had this silly match making. Now the system more often than not expects 1-2 good players to carry a whole team against semi decent premades.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

What I see here is that I don't have friends and can't make a group to PvP. It is after all an MMO right? Heck technically two people grouped up could be considered a premade. So are you saying no one should group up for PvP at all just to make yourself feel better? I am sorry but I will not stop group queing with my friends. We have fun. We don't always win but we are still having fun. Premades can be beat and have been. Work with your team and strategies. Make a plan. If your team doesn't want to well then you are SOL. Can't fix stupid when people don't want to work together.

The point is so far over your head that it will burn to a crisp upon reentry. No one is saying get rid of premades altogether. The OP wants to just move them to their own separate queue in regs, so that unranked functions the same as ranked.

Also, some people have social anxiety. Some people just want to play the game solo without having to worry about their performance affecting someone else's experience. You can't just dismiss people who don't join a premade as incapable of making friends or forming a group.

Also, some people have social anxiety. Some people just want to play the game solo without having to worry about their performance affecting someone else's experience. You can't just dismiss people who don't join a premade as incapable of making friends or forming a group.

lolwut? think for a moment about what you just wrote. a person who queues solo still joins a group and has to interact with teammates. that's going to have to happen. and that solo queued person, now in a group...on a team, is going to affect someone else's experience.

I feel like one side of this [tired] debate is generally voiced by the wrong people - at least on the forums. [also, are you guys not exhausted by the same threads over n over n over n over n over...I mean, its borderline insane that I still see the same names getting titillated by the same dialogue every day]

But as far as 'premades making wins hard to come by' - I almost never group up, and I've never had one problem getting wins. I prefer playing solo. But I don't get upset that premades can affect the matches the way they do. This is an MMO. And its' fairly small player base doesn't allow multiple reg queues. So it is what it is.

I mean, the better question is 'why don't they play granked, when it gives better loot and seems more in line with how they want to play?' I have my theory... it stems around ppl never wanting to lose. I mean, you can't lose if you don't try. KWIM? So when a premade queues up 8v8s, ignores objectives, loses the game, but wins the zerg... they feel... like they won. So in general, when I see a premade playing in 8v8s, but ignoring objectives, it just makes me kinda sad. Bc the only way to have fun in those matches is to play their game. Sitting on the side node, getting a win without seeing 1 red healthbar is not fun. Those premades just kinda make matches not very fun for the ppl that this particular queue is made for. So my thoughts are that premades are perfectly fine, it's just sad to see what a lot of them choose to do.

I often ask ppl... how are premades in swtor (the ones who DM in objective game modes) any different than a group of friends playing League of Legends, ignoring two lanes, and ALL 5 going down one single lane? It's not. It's the same. So why don't people in LoL do that? Lose the match, but win the zerg?

It's bc their player base knows that a team which sends all 5 players down one lane will, A) lose. and B) it means nothing when the losing team wipes the other team. Its just ...math lol. So why in swtor do premades act like this? I kinda don't know... and I kinda do... but am afraid to say it bc it'll get a little psychological. It comes down to ppl trying to prove to themselves (and their friends) that they're good. See... I know what I am and what Im not. I know that I don't have to prove to myself what my dps is EVERY single match. Some ppl do. And when I see a g/ranked player, who can let it eat when it comes to DPS, actually playing objectives... i love it. I gain so much respect for them. Bc it shows me someone who knows that they're good, and they don't need to prove it every second of a wz. On the other hand, when I see someone in 8v8, working soooo hard to max their dps, but work soooo little to get their team the win... I just see a person with a lot to prove.

Edited by AndriusAjax

lolwut? think for a moment about what you just wrote. a person who queues solo still joins a group and has to interact with teammates. that's going to have to happen. and that solo queued person, now in a group...on a team, is going to affect someone else's experience.

I don’t need to think about it. My point stands. You’re ten times more likely to get crapped on for losing in a premade than you are for losing on a random team. Maybe your experience has been different, and you only queue with nice people that don’t sling homophobic slurs at you for not winning. But for the rest of us, it’s easier to queue solo and not have to be beholden to a chosen team than to join a premade and have our performance scrutinized even harder.

And to one of the last person’s points, yes most of us are getting exhausted of seeing this same topic pop up day after day after day.

Its an MMO you have some options;

1. Learn how to beat them (make team work with what you have etc) Just yesterday I beat a Passive Agressive premade on DM in two games

2. Make a Premade yourself, you will find out it is not white and black (easy as one thinks), and that most are not in voice nowadays

3. If you cannot do the above, leave Swtor, and as a tip just avoid all MMO from now onwards.

SWTOR is an MMO which means it is a multi player game where grouping up is a must not an option. If you want a Solo Game go play the other titles. Very easy.

Edited by limenutpen