Conquest: Galactic Scheme's

Silenceo

The time was at hand. All his planning had come to fruition, and the galaxy was in total chaos, faction against faction, brother against brother. It all lead back to this one individual. The methodical click of metallic boots clinking across the bridge could faintly be heard by the bridge crew as they ran diagnostics on the ship's systems.

Standing in front of the view screen was their Lord's most trusted Admiral, who saluted rather crisply to their Lord as he approached. Their Lord barely even acknowledge the movement as he continued to the view port. To most he would not appear to be much at first glance, but once you stared into his glowing red pupils, the realization of insignificance was redirected back at themselves. Their Lord was no small dabblier in the dark arts, nor was he merely a fool with a thirst for power. The full extent of his schemes were known only to him, but that was known, was fear inspiring.

Despite the scars that forced him to mask his face, he was a cunning warrior and deft tactician, for he was not satisfied with this mismatched galaxy. Much like the galaxy he used to know, yet the streams of time seem to have all converged on one space.

There were those from his own time, and those far beyond it, all fighting in dying at the same time, with no differentiation between past and future. This galaxy was a fresh slate of possibilities, but also of old enemies thought vanquished.

"Lord Valizor, your vessel is nearly complete. It merely has the final testing before it is ready for war," the Admiral reported, keeping a respectful distance.

Valizor did not respond, but merely continued to glare out of the view port, across his new Flagship. If all went according to plan, this vessel, the most powerful ever built, would forever cement his rule over this space. Yet... He sensed a disturbance in the force... As if the force was acting against him, to preserve its own balance....

**************************************************************************************************************************************

Vergresso Astroid Field: While within CIS space, here, the Tenloss Syndicate ruled with a certainty. All who wished to do business had to play by their rules, and pay their fines. They were not ones to start a battle, but if they must, they were well equipped to crush annoyances. Surrounding their station was a small fleet, consisting of 20 Interceptor- class frigates. Returned from a recent bout of "business" and refueling. It was then that "Salty's" Freighter's and Soldiers Co. came to broker a deal...

Ord Mantell: Unlike most planets within this sector of space, Ord Mantell had a relaxed take on the Imperial occupation, and due to such, they were permitted certain freedoms. However, they were seen as too lax by those in Imperial Command, and so the The Galactic Inquisition had been sent to re-arrange the conditions of occupancy...

Yag'Dhul: The native Givin's, distrustful of the Republic, and being watched due to their past alliance with the CIS, were ever curious as to the message they received from a group known as Mando Werda. Knowing of Mandolorian honor, and seeking advantage, they permit them to approach to discuss an arrangement. Watching over them was the Venator "Insurance" which reported the goings on of the system.

Mechis III: While the Mando Werda were interacting with the Givin's of Yag'Dul, Dar'yaim of Clan Awaud sought advantage in such negotiations. In so doing, he directed a portion of his fleet to Mechis III... Where a small fleet of republic ships guarded the factories. Among them were 1 Venator class ships, 10 Corellian Corvettes, and 4 Acclamator's.

Trigalis: A lawless planet within CIS space. Infested with unsavory sorts and scum from across the galaxy, all directed by a local Black Sun Vigo, Lord Xist. The skies filled with nothing but free-lancers and suspicious characters, the system was a prime location for underworld activity. Entering the system, was the Farewell Coalition.

What they did next, would shape the Galaxy...

Weeks

Week 47

Week 48

Events

Krovna: Jedi Hunter

Jahuro: Terror Of The Night

Edited by Silenceo

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trigalis: A lawless planet within CIS space. Infested with unsavory sorts and scum from across the galaxy, all directed by a local Black Sun Vigo, Lord Xist. The skies filled with nothing but free-lancers and suspicious characters, the system was a prime location for underworld activity. Entering the system, was the Farewell Coalition.

Adrian pulls the Coalition fleet into Trigalis orbit.He orders one of his ensigns to send a Holo message after he and his guards touchdown to his old compatriot Lord Xist asking for a meeting to discuss the future of Trigalis and the Farewell Coalition business their.Before Adrian leaves he used his connection to get a layout of Xist palace just in case things go hairy.

Edited by Jarons

Ord Mantell: Unlike most planets within this sector of space, Ord Mantell had a relaxed take on the Imperial occupation, and due to such, they were permitted certain freedoms. However, they were seen as too lax by those in Imperial Command, and so the The Galactic Inquisition had been sent to re-arrange the conditions of occupancy...

With the Inquisition Navy over Ord Mantell, Grand Inquisitor Aliria Teshavin contacts the governor stating her intention to meet with him. At the same time she orders a background check run on him to find out any interesting tidbits of information before heading to the hangar to board her shuttle down to the planet, along with a small honor guard, composed mostly of Intelligence operatives.

Contingency plans are also devised should the meeting go sour, with the Army of the Inquisition on standby.

Vergresso Astroid Field: While within CIS space, here, the Tenloss Syndicate ruled with a certainty. All who wished to do business had to play by their rules, and pay their fines. They were not ones to start a battle, but if they must, they were well equipped to crush annoyances. Surrounding their station was a small fleet, consisting of 20 Interceptor- class frigates. Returned from a recent bout of "business" and refueling. It was then that "Salty's" Freighter's and Soldiers Co. came to broker a deal...

Edit: Decision made.

Saltik has his Bombers, Warrior-class and Assassin Corvettes Scramble and cut in close to the enemy, in complete silence, letting them think an attack is imminent, if he wanted he could destroy more then half their ships before they finished scrambling the crew.... He smiled, as his ships entered firing range he lit up the comm.... and hailed the station and its crew.

"good evening Gentlemen" Said Saltik over public line.

"I have heard you guys are in the business of trade, my company and I have also have such experience we have come to deal with your leaders and broker up a... Partnership."

"If we would be allowed we would very much prefer to come in and discuss the details, in comfort and privacy, we believe what we offer can be mutually beneficial."

Edited by tunewalker

Adrian pulls the Coalition fleet into Trigalis orbit.He orders one of his ensigns to send a Holo message after he and his guards touchdown to his old compatriot Lord Xist asking for a meeting to discuss the future of Trigalis and the Farewell Coalition business their.Before Adrian leaves he used his connection to get a layout of Xist palace just in case things go hairy.

*Lord Xist, upon hearing the message concerning Adrian, invites him to dinner, over which he plans to learn what became of Adrian since last they met. That however, is not all...*

Strike-class: Cuir, Rayshe'a, Resol, E'tad, Sh'ehn

Action VI: Werda Hauler, Werda Barge, Werda Bulwark, Werda Hulk, Werda Craft

Jehavey'ir-type: Nynir , Shukur , Takisir, Hettir, Duraanir, Brokar

5 Action VI Transports, 5 Strike Medium Cruisers, 6 Jehavey'ir-type assault ships, 251 X-83s, and 175 Skipray Blastboats. (Mechis III, L-14)

These are the forces assaulting Mechis.

I don't quite have time to (at the moment) give a specific battle plan but Sil has it if he wants to post it.

*Lord Xist, upon hearing the message concerning Adrian, invites him to dinner, over which he plans to learn what became of Adrian since last they met. That however, is not all...*

Adrian accepts Xist invitation to dinner.Never one to go into a situation unprepared he preps an extraction team for a quick evac if it doesn't go as plan.

Adrian and his guards head to the Palace to dine with Xist and discuss why he and the coalition is here.

The feast in Lord Xist's hall was quite elegant, with roasted meat and even exquisite drinks. A far cry from most criminals homes.

The dinner began with a Bith Band playing and a toast being offered for good health to Xizor.

Edited by Silenceo

Despite the arrogant display by this unknown Captain, the Council decided to hear what he had to say. They after all were having far too much red ever since the CIS took total control of the sector. Some new blood, and by the look of it, a new fleet, would do them good.

They were wary, of course, since more than once such a deal had gone south for one of the parties. In preparation of such, they signaled for the landing bay closest to the Council chamber to be opened, and for their body guards to be prepared.

During this time, one of the many Mercenaries aboard the station discretely flipped a silent alarm he had in his bracers. He always came prepared. After all, if someone was here to steal his score, he wanted his partner to be ready to move...

Republic

Venator: 1

Corellian Corvettes: 10

Acclamator's: 4

Battle Plan:

Blockade Formation

Thoroughly scanning all ships approaching Mechis III

Authorized to use excessive force against trouble makers

vs

Mando Werda

Strike-class: Cuir, Rayshe'a, Resol, E'tad, Sh'ehn

Action VI: Werda Hauler, Werda Barge, Werda Bulwark, Werda Hulk, Werda Craft

Jehavey'ir-type: Nynir , Shukur , Takisir, Hettir, Duraanir, Brokar

Total:

Action VI Transports: 5

Strike Medium Cruisers: 5

Jehavey'ir-type assault ships: 6

X-83s: 251

Skipray Blastboats: 175

Battle Plan:

Disguise the Action VI Transports as legitimate freighters. Since they're already kitted like the Wild Karrde all their augments are hidden from visual and sensor readings.

Have the Werda Hauler and the Werda Bulwark enter the system first and make landfall.

The other Action VI transports will then enter the system disguised as a convoy. As they approach the Republic's defence fleet over Mechis III, the 175 Skipray Blast boats would use their sensor jammers to approach the Republic fleet well behind the transports.

When the Transports were within the Republic's fleets lines, they'd reveal their hidden firepower and unload on the Republic ships, focusing on their comm arrays. Then the Skiprays will unload a missile salvo on each Republic ship's engines and shield generators.

At this point the Jehavey'ir-type assault ships arrive to begin boarding actions using Basilisk war droids and Mandalorian soldiers. Strike-class ships and the X-83s mop up fighter resistance and ensure containment of any survivors.

The Hauler and the Bulwark have, in the mean time, unloaded an invasion force onto the planet, rapidly seizing the primary controls and detaining the few organics present.

Ideally, they take any captured Republic ships to Yag'Dhul, have them repaired and offered to the Givin in negotiations.

Variables:

Mando Werda does not have their Leader. (He is negotiating on Yag'Dhul unless I am mistaken)

Corellian Corvette crews are experienced fighters, quick to react and very precise.

Skiprays have sensor jamming.

Venator would deploy fighters before they are too close.

Acclamator's armor being extremely durable

Republic crew is composed of Militia and trained men. No clones.

Mando Werda can board vessels well using their basilisks

Debate!

Edited by Silenceo

Despite the arrogant display by this unknown Captain, the Council decided to hear what he had to say. They after all were having far too much red ever since the CIS took total control of the sector. Some new blood, and by the look of it, a new fleet, would do them good.

They were wary, of course, since more than once such a deal had gone south for one of the parties. In preparation of such, they signaled for the landing bay closest to the Council chamber to be opened, and for their body guards to be prepared.

During this time, one of the many Mercenaries aboard the station discretely flipped a silent alarm he had in his bracers. He always came prepared. After all, if someone was here to steal his score, he wanted his partner to be ready to move...

Saltik prepares a group of men to be brought with them. He tells his crew to be ready for anything. The Tenloss Syndicate were powerful.

His manevuer had gotten the exact response he was looking for. The man that had omitted him was annoyed, flustered. The tentions were high, the man was aware of his fleets strength, now he would find out of his other qualities.

He lands, his troop of 12 body gaurds, of Gamoreans, Wookies and some of his most skilled humans and Ubese accompanying him down the ramp.

"Hello my friends" Saltik said cheerfully and with a large grin. "I am sorry if my men startled you, they were just overly excited at the prospect of a partnership with your company."

"So many opportunities for us, but please lead the way... I would love to talk to you about our mutual interests" He said smiling and with a genuine tone.

Oh also "unknown captain"????

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8092500&postcount=1733

Pirate Lord: My character is known among the high ups in the black market. Feared by underlings and those with little power, but commonly effected by the black market, and Respected among the higher ups. A man to be trusted, respected or feared depending on what end of the table you are sitting, or what position in the sky you share with him.

Unknown for a member of the black market... should not be the response.

Oh also "unknown captain"????

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8092500&postcount=1733

Pirate Lord: My character is known among the high ups in the black market. Feared by underlings and those with little power, but commonly effected by the black market, and Respected among the higher ups. A man to be trusted, respected or feared depending on what end of the table you are sitting, or what position in the sky you share with him.

Unknown for a member of the black market... should not be the response.

Well, he doesn't exactly give his name. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: They recognized him when he landed, but before that is the voice only.

You sure you dont want to make another thread for hte debate thread for Star's stuff.

Right now i would argue most things should go smoothly for him... except 1 thing. Strike classes are not well designed for Fighter clean up. They will be able to cover the fighters against the Corvettes, but the fighters themselves their guns are generally slightly to large as far as I know.

Debates, yay. :(

Here’s my view:

Fighter number advantage:

Republic. The Venator alone has an equal complement to the fighters being brought to play by the Mando Werda. Add to that the Acclamators and the fighter numbers swing further in favor of the Republic. In the same way the Republic also wins in terms of fighter defense systems, factoring in the Venator’s and Acclamators’ point-defense weaponry and the Corellian Corvettes themselves.

Capital Ship Advantage:

Mando Werda. Simply put while fighter numbers and defense goes to the Republic I would say that the Mando Werda win in terms of capital ships. The Republic really only has the Venator in terms of capital ship firepower—I don’t feel that the Accalamator’s count for much in this field. The biggest issue for the MW is that the concussion missile launchers that are a large part of their Jehavey'ir-type are nullified by the large number of point-defense weaponry that the Republic fleet has.

Strategy:

Republic. I feel overall the advantage lies with them. They are set up defensively. They will be making the first moves by scanning the transports as they come into the system. If any anomalies are detected then they will do whatever is necessary. In this regard I see the Mando Werda plan failing in the first step when they try to get two transports onto the world with an invasion force. Without any proper preparation (i.e. forged ship IDs and appropriate codes, as well as a way to make the scans come up without showing an army) the Republic will know something is up long before the next phase of the MW plan goes into effect. If the two transports do make it through and land on the planet the fact that the Republic will launch fighters early, most likely to act as a guide for the transports in wave two of the plan—which could easily be suspicious if transports don’t usually come in quick succession. Of course the fighters could get a visual on the sensor jamming Skiprays—which is a real possibility—and questions would be asked. Furthermore the actual firepower that the Action VIs have I feel is being overrated—three turbolasers each isn’t going to take out communications quickly against the ships they’re against. What I do see in favor of the MW is boarding actions Mandalorians vs militia always swings in favor of the Mandos.

Overall assessment:

The key to the battle lies in how quickly the MW can develop a new plan and get in and out quickly. If there first step of getting troops to the surface works then the planet is theirs. If, however, the Republic catches something amiss, which it could, then the MW will either have to escalate the conflict by rushing in to rescue the first two transports or leaving them to their fate. Alternatively, if the space battle starts with the Skiprays getting spotted then the Republic gets an early one-up in the battle, which is not something that the MW can afford in this situation due to the fighter disparity between the two parties. If, however, the battle starts on the MWs terms then things will go better for them. Boarding parties are the best advantage they have in this situation and if used correctly—I’m looking at the Venator mostly—could gain some resources for the faction.

Key Issues:

Strike Cruisers durability vs Acclamator durability.

Fighter defense and numbers.

Timing—is everything.

Lack of faction leaders.

Ability to adapt should things go wrong.

Republic has shields up early or not. (Big one—I’m suspecting they would as a precautionary measure)

Skill of Corellian Corvette crews (From what Sil put I’d say they could be the strongest advantage for the Republic.

Fighter Quality, I may not have calculated this into my fighter argument but the MW wins this over any clone wars era fighters/bombers the Republic has.

How much attention the Republic crews pay attention to their scans. (Another issue that could determine how well the early phases of the plan go.)

While I would prefer things to go smooth for Star, I just don’t feel that his strategy falls into that category. While his fleet is fairly strong, some of its greatest strengths are countered by features on the Republic ships (read point-defense cannons). No matter how this battle swings the lack of an important naval figure is not going to make this an easy fight. Essentially I see the battle plan as being laid out by the faction leader but executed by someone else, which means the overall success on the operation depends on how good a battlefield commander this random officer is. As it goes then I would say that two random officers would be mediocre at best. Therefore the battle will be decided by several factors: who shoots first, better fighter commander, and better focus targeting being three very important ones.

The Mando Werda, mind you, has connections with politicians and underworld contacts that can provide legitimate IDs. I figured this was a given not to mention the fact that this is a major factory world making all sorts of droids so it would obviously have a lot of this kind of transport traffic. Also remember that most of my ships are state of the art or advanced. And on smuggling, I have yvh droids to deploy so excess lifeforms of an invasion force they might expect wouldn't show up anyway.

The strike has upgraded shields and reinforced joints... the Action VI Transports are upgraded like the Wild Karrde Meaning it is shielded to fool sensor scans and has awesome defensive capabilities. It also packs a punch with hidden turbo lasers that can be deployed to surprise the Republic ships.

not to mention I have 175 Skipray blastboats... those things have capital ship level shields and are more than enough to level the corvettes in a volley or two.

Try to reevaluate the numbers disparity and remember the tech and training disparity as well. Check my faction traits as well...

"You rang boss?" Saltik's crew says.

"Yes, please bring your mission to me at the briefing room." Saltik Responds.

"Sir?" They ask.

"You heard me, our friends here are looking for a show of good faith, they want to know that you guys can get the job done." Saltik reaffirmed.

Soldiers talk. :p But fine fine.

Faction Trait 1: Family. The members of the "Salty" pirates are a big family they have worked together for a while, and those that are "younger and newer" are literally pulled from family members and friends. They have unprecedented coordination and loyalty.

Maybe they talk, but not EVERYONE is going to get a hold of this.... your intel network's got to be good.

Edited by tunewalker