Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Companion Optimization, Gearing and Tips

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
[Guide] Companion Optimization, Gearing and Tips

fransbuus
08.07.2021 , 03:02 AM | #241
How about Nuray from Nightlife event? what does he do best? and where at the parse is he compared to top companions atm?

iListik
08.07.2021 , 01:56 PM | #242
The guide says that Ensign Temple is good, but there is note that it is before her respawn. What does that mean? What happened after her respawn?

I have her on my assassin who finished all the story and she still seems to dual wield. I want to use her for healing, but I'm not sure if something was compromised.

KevMeup
10.30.2021 , 05:48 PM | #243
Quote: Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
....If there's still a difference in performance based on dark/light, I'd like to take advantage of it. Of course, I may have misunderstood something, so please, someone enlighten me
If you hover over Veeroa's Finishing Strike, you'll see it says "Instant" up top.
If you hover over Master Ranos's Finishing Strike, you'll see "Activation: 0.98s" up top.

The difference is super minor, I spent half a night parsing just trying to confirm there was a difference and then what it was. I believe that finishing strike difference is consistent between all light and dark users.
KevMeUp - <Show Me Your Crits> - The Harbinger
Does your companion do 11k DPS?
Companion Use and Optimization Guide
YouTube

KevMeup
10.30.2021 , 05:53 PM | #244
Quote: Originally Posted by fransbuus View Post
How about Nuray from Nightlife event? what does he do best? and where at the parse is he compared to top companions atm?
He's listed under assault cannon in video. Rating 9 of 15 (if you count shae). 8677 mid dps. He's not bad at all. It's fun to have a different looking companion, especially on the imp side where you don't see cannons often. Standard, non bugged ranged comp.
YouTube

KevMeup
10.30.2021 , 05:56 PM | #245
Quote: Originally Posted by iListik View Post
The guide says that Ensign Temple is good, but there is note that it is before her respawn. What does that mean? What happened after her respawn?...
I had some strange issues with getting her to equip her second pistol after her return, I think it's resolved now though, so she should be fine.
YouTube

KevMeup
10.30.2021 , 05:56 PM | #246
Quote: Originally Posted by kysan View Post
I love your post, it has so much detailed information
Thanks a ton!
YouTube

Ambrodel
11.03.2021 , 09:34 AM | #247
Quote: Originally Posted by KevMeup View Post
If you hover over Veeroa's Finishing Strike, you'll see it says "Instant" up top.
If you hover over Master Ranos's Finishing Strike, you'll see "Activation: 0.98s" up top.
Thanks for the reply, hadn't noticed this (I need new glasses! )

Now I see that I misread the dark/light bit. I mistook it for Character alignment, not Companion. As in, if my char was Dark and I used Veeroa, I/she would gain a bonus, but not if I used her on my Light char. I get it now. Thanks, and I do hope you update this thing with 7.0

Durhon
11.05.2021 , 11:46 AM | #248
Hey Kev, nice to see you active in this thread again. Have you had any time to parse Altuur yet? From what I've seen he does really nice DPS and has some unique abilties that do well but would like to see parsed numbers.

Childor
12.12.2021 , 05:19 PM | #249
Sorry if am nercoing ,but i just came back to the game from 2013.
What does Ashara (light side) mean? Is there a difference ,as in different abilities ?Also are you referring to your
character's allignment?I am playing a Sith Sorcerer btw.
Thanks alot

KevMeup
12.12.2021 , 10:47 PM | #250
Quote: Originally Posted by Durhon View Post
Hey Kev, nice to see you active in this thread again. Have you had any time to parse Altuur yet? From what I've seen he does really nice DPS and has some unique abilties that do well but would like to see parsed numbers.
TLDR; He's Number 2 rating on everything.

Full Altuur Review video up here with update parses (just intime before xpac)
YouTube