Level Scaling ON/OFF button?

LegendaryMephist

I just started playing this game some days ago, and noticed that I become nerfed when entering a zone below my LVL. Is this possible to turn ON/OFF?

I am a lvl 70 Sith Lord, Emperor of the Eternal Throne, master of, the universe. I do not want to walk around like a weak powerless Sith apprentice getting beaten to a pulp by a lvl 12 NPC sheep when crossing a field on Alderaan. I should be able to blast that sheep to oblivion with raw lightning from my fingers. Instead I find myself running for my life, screaming for help, crying like a baby when it catch me and kills me with it's hooves.

The level scaling is a great thing if you can choose to turn it ON/OFF. But if this is some BioWare communism crap about everyone being equals, and it does not matter if you spent 10.000 hrs in this game or 10 minutes. The 10 minute guy can still beat the crap out of you with a stick.

This is Star Wars FFS. Master Yoda and Darth Vader are stronger then some noob *** padawan. Just as a lvl 70 Sith Lord with unlimited powers and a lightsaber are stronger then a lvl 3 Sith Noob with a broken stick.

I can understand why players are fleeing this game...

I just started playing this game some days ago, and noticed that I become nerfed when entering a zone below my LVL. Is this possible to turn ON/OFF?

I am a lvl 70 Sith Lord, Emperor of the Eternal Throne, master of, the universe. I do not want to walk around like a weak powerless Sith apprentice getting beaten to a pulp by a lvl 12 NPC sheep when crossing a field on Alderaan. I should be able to blast that sheep to oblivion with raw lightning from my fingers. Instead I find myself running for my life, screaming for help, crying like a baby when it catch me and kills me with it's hooves.

The level scaling is a great thing if you can choose to turn it ON/OFF. But if this is some BioWare communism crap about everyone being equals, and it does not matter if you spent 10.000 hrs in this game or 10 minutes. The 10 minute guy can still beat the crap out of you with a stick.

This is Star Wars FFS. Master Yoda and Darth Vader are stronger then some noob *** padawan. Just as a lvl 70 Sith Lord with unlimited powers and a lightsaber are stronger then a lvl 3 Sith Noob with a broken stick.

I can understand why players are fleeing this game...

You are far from "nerfed" walking into a level sync'd area. You are two levels above all of the enemies on the planet and they don't nerf several stats making you a total walking terror. The only limitation that you'll face is that we can no longer solo world bosses - but that's actually a boon to the players on the world since the bosses are actually up for people to kill as a group after 3.0. The most annoying part of level sync is that you still aggro mobs when riding past as if you were the same level.

You are far from "nerfed" walking into a level sync'd area. You are two levels above all of the enemies on the planet and they don't nerf several stats making you a total walking terror. The only limitation that you'll face is that we can no longer solo world bosses - but that's actually a boon to the players on the world since the bosses are actually up for people to kill as a group after 3.0.

^^ Yep yep.

The most annoying part of level sync is that you still aggro mobs when riding past as if you were the same level.

Though in fairness.. for a capped level character with Piloting level 3, and a mount that provides "excellent protection from dismounts" ..... it's not much of a problem actually. I can count on one hand the number of times I have been knocked off my mount since 4.0 released. 99% of the time, you simply ride past them and they never catch you and rarely hit you and when they do it's for trivial amounts. And for those few times you might get dismounted... you and your companion will still mop the floor with them.

Edited by Andryah

You say you're new to the game, so let me clarify a few things for you. There are no PVP servers anymore. That designation was removed some time ago, so in order to find a PVP server, you would have needed to do some research. That same research should have told you the former PVP servers all have the lowest populations. Also, any subscriber can see your posting history. You say you've been playing only a few days, yet based on your limited experience on a single server you declare the game is dying, saying essentially the same thing in three different threads (which is frowned upon according to the forum guidelines). I'm sorry, but it seems as though you're someone with an agenda and a new forum account rather than a new player. Edited by PiiTarr
typo

Damage is taken is comparable, however, your companion (influence 10+) would be able to out heal any damage you recieve.

You appear to be under geared from what you are describing try get hold of a set of 228 mods that will set you up until the RNG gods play nice and grant you T1.

Even on my Sniper doing the story I capped 70 on Taris and been doing Heroics with little trouble, sure some of the mobs have made my companion just constantly heal me but overall not had any dicy moments.

You say you're new to the game, so let me clarify a few things for you. There are no PVP servers anymore. That designation was removed some time ago, so in order to find a PVP server, you would have needed to do some research. That same research should have told you the former PVP servers all have the lowest populations. Also, any subscriber can see your posting history. You say you've been playing only a few days, yet based on your limited experience on a single server you declare the game is dying, saying essentially the same thing in three different threads (which is frowned upon according to the forum guidelines). I'm sorry, but it seems as though you're someone with an agenda and a new forum account rather than a new player.

Yes I am new to the game, some of what you are saying here is wrong. I did not do any research before choosing server. When I did choose Tomb of Freedon Nadd I got a warning saying it is a PVP server. Also if you go look at server-status. SWTOR very clearly states it is still a PVP server. http://www.swtor.com/server-status

I have played MMO's for around 15 years now so I am not new to MMO's just SWTOR. When population is decreasing as it is here that is a clear sign of a game dying. How can you disagree with that?

BioWare can do lots of things to turn this, some of that should be to merge servers before more people quit and new players stop before they begin because they see the low population.

My agenda is to get BioWare to react. I randomly found a forum named Suggestion Box under General Discussion, so I figured to post my issues with the game there with suggestions so that BioWare maybe reads it?

Damage is taken is comparable, however, your companion (influence 10+) would be able to out heal any damage you recieve.

You appear to be under geared from what you are describing try get hold of a set of 228 mods that will set you up until the RNG gods play nice and grant you T1.

Even on my Sniper doing the story I capped 70 on Taris and been doing Heroics with little trouble, sure some of the mobs have made my companion just constantly heal me but overall not had any dicy moments.

You are probably correct when it comes to my gear. And thanks to everyone for giving me more explanation around the level scaling system. However I still I think it should be a ON/OFF button.

• 4 years later...
If you are having trouble with low-level planets then you need to upgrade your gear and switch your companion role to either healer or tank :)

Probably that person has sorted it out or quit somewhere along the way from when those complaints were posted four years ago.