Light-side Inquisitor

EAFSAMWISE

So the idea for my light-sided inquisitor playthrough (female) is that I'm planning to have it so she starts out greyish but leaning dark and gradually leans light but never fully. My goal is to have her character change/develop over time and not make the same kinds of decisions uniformly across the game. The idea is that she's a slave who's passionate about justice and wishes to influence/change the system in which she's trying to advance but is also hot-headed and will steam-roll over others if that's what it takes to achieve her goals. Ultimate she'll do vengeful or dark things sometimes for light-sided reasons, which is why I plan to have her kill Overseer Harkun towards the end. However, I am having difficulty deciding what to do in the initial interrogation where I talk to this one student to gain information. Is it ideal to shock him at least initially but just not overdo it so I get him to open up? I want my character to have an "edge" in her decision patterns that could push her further light later on but I don't want her at least initially to be a "goody two-shoes" type.

Please share your thoughts.

I prefer cunning and wise characters.

Kill the useless prisoner? Nah, well just prisoner exchange him for some spec ops troops.

Hostile boarding action by Slavers? Why waste free people? "Employ" them like a boss, and give them a cut, for loyalty's sake.

Darth Lacharis needs an agent to storm and slice the Balmorran arms factory? Negotiate a booty call. Better yet, negotiate a political denouncing from their pub war hero. A little bit of fair treatment for greater ripple effects? Sign me up!

Logical sith is my favorite.

I prefer cunning and wise characters.

Kill the useless prisoner? Nah, well just prisoner exchange him for some spec ops troops.

Hostile boarding action by Slavers? Why waste free people? "Employ" them like a boss, and give them a cut, for loyalty's sake.

Darth Lacharis needs an agent to storm and slice the Balmorran arms factory? Negotiate a booty call. Better yet, negotiate a political denouncing from their pub war hero. A little bit of fair treatment for greater ripple effects? Sign me up!

Logical sith is my favorite.

Love this! And Lachris is the frickin' hot so romancing her ain't a problem for me. It's pretty much the only thing to look forward to on Imperial Balmorra :D

• Like 1

I don't think you're in any danger of being a "goody two-shoes" as a Sith Inquisitor. You're still a Sith and you're still going about the business of evil. You're just being less needlessly cruel about it usually if you go the light side route.

It's a little inconsistent really. Sometimes you're given a clear good/bad, like torturing that first prisoner vs. sweet talking them out of the name and then demanding they get witness protection. Or the decision involving the captured Jedi on Korriban. But the quell toxin? Kill em fast or kill em slow? Yeah, you could justify it as their fate was sealed anyway and you might as well be the one to see them off mercifully rather than letting someone else kill them slowly but... it's either way not exactly a "good" act. It probably should have been a dark vs. nothing decision.