New expansion; Going to revamp talent trees?

DigitalDreamz

So five new levels gives us five new talent points to spend (assuming). Just looking at the talent trees and having 46 points instead of 41 things are going to get screwy. Right now you can go 31 in a primary tree and 10 in a secondary. Come expansion time you can go 15 in a secondary and grab that 11 point skill. Also with hybrids of any sort it's going to make things even more interesting. If anyone pvps whatsoever, whatever class you thought was OP before holy moly will you hate life now.

Wondering if you saw this beforehand and have a plan or if you're going to 'fix it later'?

So five new levels gives us five new talent points to spend (assuming). Just looking at the talent trees and having 46 points instead of 41 things are going to get screwy. Right now you can go 31 in a primary tree and 10 in a secondary. Come expansion time you can go 15 in a secondary and grab that 11 point skill. Also with hybrids of any sort it's going to make things even more interesting. If anyone pvps whatsoever, whatever class you thought was OP before holy moly will you hate life now.

Wondering if you saw this beforehand and have a plan or if you're going to 'fix it later'?

Nah I believe what someone posted earlier, they'll add some really awesome new skill upgrades with a "Gotta Have it!!!" new ability at the top of every talent tree to help prevent the hybrid situation you're speaking of.....just my two cents.

Well i doubt very much it was designed so there is no progression in talant trees......just like levels and gear and story line you will progress foward at some point.

Getting another ability or 2 isnt going to break a class or the game.

My Sorc is a hybrid between Lightning and Madness, somewhat. One more talent point could go to Death Field for me, which would be well appreciated. Unless these new abilities somehow make Lightning Spec sorcs actually useful in PVP (manueverable) while DPSing, I don't think there is much hope.

The old addage that if something can be tried it will be tried comes to mind. I don't know that Bioware can plan for all the things that players can possibly do with proposed changes which means there will be the inevitable complaints about imbalance, unfairness etc.

I hope they dont revamp the talent tree. Thats the biggest problem i had with wow. Every expansion they changed the tree and you had to learn to build and play your toon from scratch.

Is it really a bad thing to change now and then how different classes play? I personally am okay with that. It keeps the game fresh. So I hope they do revamp the talent trees.

• Dev Post
We know you're all very interested to hear about how the new level cap is going to affect your class, and I wanted to share a little information about the upcoming changes with you. As part of the new content, every skill tree will be expanding and you can expect significant updates. Players will earn a new skill point with each level, and new skills will be available in each skill tree. Additionally, a new active ability will be introduced for each Advanced Class. We'll have more details about many aspects of Rise of the Hutt Cartel as we approach launch, so keep your eyes on the website and dev tracker!

We know you're all very interested to hear about how the new level cap is going to affect your class, and I wanted to share a little information about the upcoming changes with you. As part of the new content, every skill tree will be expanding and you can expect significant updates. Players will earn a new skill point with each level, and new skills will be available in each skill tree. Additionally, a new active ability will be introduced for each Advanced Class. We'll have more details about many aspects of Rise of the Hutt Cartel as we approach launch, so keep your eyes on the website and dev tracker!

Let the mass speculation... BEGIN!

New active abilities eh.... wat dos dat meen...

lets see - I've been playing corruption sorc with majority of my time lately so I'll post some stuff that could be cool

-double range on extrication and cut the cd in half

-allow channelling to happen while moving (solves your lightning pvp problems too)

-add items or abilities that increase total force OR increase force regen rate during combat, this could include making consumption a little more powerful

there's more but dont want to sound like I'm complaining, I actually enjoy this game quite a bit and hopefully dont see that changing..

the channel while moving would probably be really over powering but still fun!!!

Aren't active abilities like

Sprint

Guard

Shii-Cho Form

Ion Cell

etc...

I actually have no idea...

They are the passives (always on) like upgrades to abilities are passives and always on. Eg

Full auto is an active ability you have to use it but you can upgrade its damage by 25% in a skill tree and the damage upgrade would be a passive ability.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Thanks for the additional information much appreciated.

I'm sold!

Is it really a bad thing to change now and then how different classes play?

Actually I think it is, I for instance only ever play 1 character so if the way my toon plays changes to something I dislike that leaves me with nowhere to go other than a different game. I would prefer not to have to do that, but then I hate any level increase because I find it a very forced and unneccessary way to increase the amount of things we can do in game.

Yeah bud they are going to probably add more skills. They are not going to just give us more points to the existing trees.