Game Update 5.7 and Beyond

EricMusco

What I find hilarious is that a lot of people complain up and down about lack of content, then blame it on minimal resources, then proceed to give make-or-break suggestions about how to "fix" the game (i.e. more story, VO content), yet fully ignore the idea of limited resources, then get a limited resource content that fits their suggestion, but feel the need to complain about it further.

VO acting comes at a cost, as we saw with the initial cost of swtor, so when suggestions are given to bring it back to the game, do you really expect more than 2 mins of conversation where no action needs to take place? Im not saying 2 mins of content is good content (imo), but i do understand it costs money to pay an actor to fill that voice role, and that money couldve been allocated elsewhere.

If the playerbase wants something, they need to offer realistic suggestions within the resources of the game.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This EA troll again....proof about limited or nonexistent resources? As usual, no proof. But even if the situation is that dire, either work to make it better and inform the community you are doing what must be done, or come and inform us that this content ratio is the way forward so people can make informative decision about their participation in the game. Not that really is needed, because people are not blind, but it is the honorable thing to do. Even Ben managed to pack up courage and post that this game has all the backing it needed, i remember quite good that post from 2 years ago.

This is friggin Star Wars, not some low tier IP. And seeing other MMO with such or even more limited resources do better as far as content goes is enough for people to make some conclusions.

TUXs is right...hes got the majority opinion in this one.

Edited by ExarSun

This EA troll again....proof about limited or nonexistent resources? As usual, no proof. But even if the situation is that dire, either work to make it better and inform the community you are doing what must be done, or come and inform us that this content ratio is the way forward so people can make informative decision about their participation in the game. Not that really is needed, because people are not blind, but it is the honorable thing to do. Even Ben managed to pack up courage and post that this game has all the backing it needed, i remember quite good that post from 2 years ago.

This is friggin Star Wars, not some low tier IP. And seeing other MMO with such or even more limited resources do better as far as content goes is enough for people to make some conclusions.

TUXs is right...hes got the majority opinion in this one.

Personally I would rather they work on the content than spend time trying to smooth over an unwinnable conflict. And no smart business person is going to risk losing customers by coming out and saying "we cant provide what you want." But apparently thats what you, and some others, expect. Smart business is using the resources, and the interest (the IP) to maintain playerbase as long as possible, even in the event of unresolvable conflict, by offering hope.

Something to think about to determine your business sensibility:

How many people have stuck around for the last 2 years with the hope that content will improve, hit an area of interest, or meet expectations?

Do you feel that number would be higher or lower if, 2 years ago, Bioware/EA publically said in a tactful manner "due to limited resources, we will not be able to provide you with sufficient content to retain your interest in our game" or "as a customer, you can expect to get just a few small pieces of content every year or two."

The irony of this whole situation is the premise of star wars in the first place - Hope. What better way to test a fan-bases allegiance than a subtle, ingenious projection of star wars onto the playerbase. You go from content to content release feeling what the star characters felt - defeat. So do you have the resilience to be part of the alliance? The game is testing you. But all you do is complain.

Personally I would rather they work on the content than spend time trying to smooth over an unwinnable conflict. And no smart business person is going to risk losing customers by coming out and saying "we cant provide what you want." But apparently thats what you, and some others, expect. Smart business is using the resources, and the interest (the IP) to maintain playerbase as long as possible, even in the event of unresolvable conflict, by offering hope.

Something to think about to determine your business sensibility:

How many people have stuck around for the last 2 years with the hope that content will improve, hit an area of interest, or meet expectations?

Do you feel that number would be higher or lower if, 2 years ago, Bioware/EA publically said in a tactful manner "due to limited resources, we will not be able to provide you with sufficient content to retain your interest in our game" or "as a customer, you can expect to get just a few small pieces of content every year or two."

The irony of this whole situation is the premise of star wars in the first place - Hope. What better way to test a fan-bases allegiance than a subtle, ingenious projection of star wars onto the playerbase. You go from content to content release feeling what the star characters felt - defeat. So do you have the resilience to be part of the alliance? The game is testing you. But all you do is complain.

I have already told you once, twice now.... A smart business will feel when his costumers are unhappy and if he want to continue to be profitable for the future he will: 1. Try to better the model or 2. Be frank with expectations....and the worst 3. Ignore and continue to provide subpar service, hoping players like you who are new to the game or are content with scraps are the majority..guess what, you are not. Server merges proves that, population over the years proves that. Shady decision like leaving entire regions without datacentres certainly does not help the issue, promising about traits or meaningful companion returns after years does not too.

Dishonest people are always certain that being honest is the wrong thing to do. There is more to business than short term profits or sc****** the year with minimal effort and investments.

This is even more relevant when everything Star Wars is on the rise, except for this game, whereas old and maintenance mode MMOs like LOTRO and Lineage 2 manage to put up expansion with more limited resources than this team (only a speculation but in my opinion a close to the truth one).

Not gonna repeat this for a third time. Because quite frankly I am waisting my time.

Hope? I have had it for many years, while being here. But as with all things in life, this is not an infinite resources if you can see past your nose.....The game is testing me...lol, this is a very funny situation...It was testing me from the start. The fact that I have stuck around does not mean i would eat up the nothing they are and continue to plan feeding me. Even if I am a hardcore SW fan, thats not how this is going to end...

Imaginary situations in your head about statistic or why the game does that and so on are inferior compared to facts. And facts about this game's content for the past two years are pretty straightforward.

Edited by ExarSun

You claimed you're confident. Prove why you're confident.

My statistics arent available to the public. You have to pay for access to my statistics.

OK...I'll prove I'm confident by stating it a second time. I'm confident kodrac is correct, in fact, I am 100% confident he's correct.

No I didn't. I don't mean to be rude, but it's not the highest recommendation if you don't even pay attention to who you're replying to.

My apologies. I honestly dont keep tabs on who im responding to, due to limitations in technology, and the massive amount of responses i get from people feeling they need to fight someone elses fight. I try to read posts and respond to the content of the post, not the person posting.

Edited by olagatonjedi

No I didn't. I don't mean to be rude, but it's not the highest recommendation if you don't even pay attention to who you're replying to.

A true troll will never let the facts get in the way of trolling.

After all you can prove anything with facts, a true troll will look to prove things based on what is as far from any facts as possible to make it a real challenge.

My apologies. I honestly dont keep tabs on who im responding to, due to limitations in technology, and the massive amount of responses i get from people feeling they need to fight someone elses fight. I try to read posts and respond to the content of the post, not the person posting.

Limitations in technology. Like the name in the quote, the arrow that links to the original post, etc etc. Keep digging.

I have already told you once, twice now.... A smart business will feel when his costumers are unhappy and if he want to continue to be profitable for the future he will: 1. Try to better the model or 2. Be frank with expectations....and the worst 3. Ignore and continue to provide subpar service, hoping players like you who are new to the game or are content with scraps are the majority..guess what, you are not. Server merges proves that, population over the years proves that. Shady decision like leaving entire regions without datacentres certainly does not help the issue, promising about traits or meaningful companion returns after years does not too.

Dishonest people are always certain that being honest is the wrong thing to do. There is more to business than short term profits or sc****** the year with minimal effort and investments.

This is even more relevant when everything Star Wars is on the rise, except for this game, whereas old and maintenance mode MMOs like LOTRO and Lineage 2 manage to put up expansion with more limited resources than this team (only a speculation but in my opinion a close to the truth one).

Not gonna repeat this for a third time. Because quite frankly I am waisting my time.

Hope? I have had it for many years, while being here. But as with all things in life, this is not an infinite resources if you can see past your nose.....The game is testing me...lol, this is a very funny situation...It was testing me from the start. The fact that I have stuck around does not mean i would eat up the nothing they are and continue to plan feeding me. Even if I am a hardcore SW fan, thats not how this is going to end...

Imaginary situations in your head about statistic or why the game does that and so on are inferior compared to facts. And facts about this game's content for the past two years are pretty straightforward.

You are assuming they arent going to continue being profitable with this strategy. Or assuming they wont be as profitable as if they do what you propose.

Server merges and population declines tell a story, but it doesnt tell you that they arent being profitable. A big assumption you are making. Consider how many more resources would be necessary to make a noticable impact on their profits. Based on their actions, i can assume, just like you, that they are at their happy point in cost/profit ratio. Truthfully, neither of us know, but thats my point - we dont know, so why go off making a ton of possible assumptions as to their mindset or the games state when its simply unknown. So with the limited knowledge that we have access to regarding the inner workings, my previous post makes the most sense, from a business standpoint. Make what you can by not devulging info. Business dont release they are going bankrupt until absolutely necessary for business. To expect otherwise is to be naive, even if those other routes are more commendable.