'Horizon's Perfection on Onderon' bugged

Mevan

As with the other achievements i guess its about taking some orbs more than once, but then u lose time and wont make the time limit. I collect enough orbs, but still dont get the achievement.
For me all timers in the mission tracker show ridiculously low numbers, like 15secs or so. Means: I have no way of controlling my speed/progress while racing, since the timer runs out before I get around the first corner.

Still most of the time the "time trial"-bonus mission triggers and I get rewards going cross the last line.

The Onderon-achievement really seems to be bugged still, I tried all sorts of things to no avail.

Edited by Sundown

Apparently for this week's event the bonus has been reduced to needing just 18 orbs. Problem I am having is that there are only 17 orbs on the course making the achievement impossible to get.

Do your QC Bioware!!!

There are 18 orbs for this for the Onderon map. One you may miss if you take the 2nd ramp in the cave, or maybe your not grabbing all 3 just past the cave itself? Some people cut that corner after the cave, and miss the one orb to the right.

Getting the Orbs isn't the issue with it being bugged. The bug is you get the bonus for getting all of the orbs, complete the race with time on the clock and it doesn't give you the achievement.

Edited by Toraak

There are 18 orbs for this for the Onderon map. One you may miss if you take the 2nd ramp in the cave, or maybe your not grabbing all 3 just past the cave itself? Some people cut that corner after the cave, and miss the one orb to the right.

Getting the Orbs isn't the issue with it being bugged. The bug is you get the bonus for getting all of the orbs, complete the race with time on the clock and it doesn't give you the achievement.

This. There are enough orbs, it's that you get the reward for both bonus missions and the game seemingly thinks you hit an obstacle or something.

Afaik there's not enough exloding barrels though - you still can get the bonus going full speed ahead without backtracking; some targets give you ample time to be exploded twice. Also, Dantooine rings.

More on that note - tuning is wildly different, too; some tracks you finish hitting literally every objective on the way and still have 25-30s to spare, some tracks it's hard to consistently go over 15s left. I'm convinced that by the time I did each track 10 times, I've done it far more than whoever on dev team was designing bonus objectives. It's impossible not to spot all these issues if you actually try the content you're making.

Afaik there's not enough exloding barrels though - you still can get the bonus going full speed ahead without backtracking; some targets give you ample time to be exploded twice.
There are enough: most people miss at least one in the tunnel: there are 5 within the tunnel, 3 of which in very short succession almost in the middle, with 2 sitting almost on top of each other on the right side and the third one to the left shortly after.

Also, Dantooine rings.
There are enough hoops, just in the central "roundabout" you need to take all on the right and then an additional one on the left.

Does anyone else have the issue that the bonus timer countdown is broken in the mission tracker window?

There are enough hoops, just in the central "roundabout" you need to take all on the right and then an additional one on the left.

Yes, and it's suuuper backwards with swoop racing. I also have a pet hate against blue orbs scattered around so that you have to noticeably go out of your way (= slow down) to gather them for a gang which is supposedly all about speed.

If there was a semblance of still being on the track on that roundabout and deciding to spend more time showing off than actually completing the track it'd be fine by me but as it is, it just feels broken.

Edited by Lodinn

For me all timers in the mission tracker show ridiculously low numbers, like 15secs or so. Means: I have no way of controlling my speed/progress while racing, since the timer runs out before I get around the first corner.

Still most of the time the "time trial"-bonus mission triggers and I get rewards going cross the last line.

The Onderon-achievement really seems to be bugged still, I tried all sorts of things to no avail.

Yeah I've done what was asked but still didn't get the achievement. It doesn't help that the timer starts at the start of the countdown, which costs you 3-4 seconds when you can't move. I don't feel that's particularly fair. The timer should start at "Go1" not before. And this is for all races by the way.

But try as a might, I couldn't get this one perfect race.

As others have already stated, it's definitely possible to get all the other Perfection achievements except this one. Even the more troublesome ones (like the Beks on Onderon) I finally got by exploding certain clusters more than once, and of course there's going out of your way for that 25th ring on Dantooine.

With Horizon's Perfection on Onderon being the only one I can't get to pop, I was trying to experiment during this last event to see if I could figure out where the bug was. Unfortunately, the week ended before I could find anything conclusive. I was wondering if maybe some of the Orbs weren't properly registering, or if somehow the timer we see on the screen is not syncing with the timer the game engine is reading to pop the achievement. The latter, I have no way to test as a player, and the former I concluded doesn't seem too likely given that you do seem to need to get every Orb to meet the mission requirements, and I have completed the mission requirements.

Someone else mentioned maybe there's a glitch in there that registers you hitting a trap somehow. Maybe that's it. Like maybe one of the speed boosts is flagged wrong in the code? Who knows, this is just rampant speculation.

I don't know if the dev team has actually looked into why this isn't popping or if it's still unaddressed on their list of glitches, but I'm wondering if maybe the whole thing shouldn't be dumped and a new set of mission requirements put in. Clean slate fix, if all else fails.

Whatever they do to fix it, I hope they do it before the next time the event comes around. I'm also pretty surprised that getting all of the perfection achievements doesn't actually unlock a reward of some kind, like a title or a deco. That's the sort of hard-to-get achievement I would've expected to see an award associated with.

Edited by JediBoadicea

The latter, I have no way to test as a player, and the former I concluded doesn't seem too likely given that you do seem to need to get every Orb to meet the mission requirements, and I have completed the mission requirements.

Someone else mentioned maybe there's a glitch in there that registers you hitting a trap somehow. Maybe that's it. Like maybe one of the speed boosts is flagged wrong in the code? Who knows, this is just rampant speculation.

I do expect something of sorts as well, tried to hit/avoid different speed boosts and so on. It's also entirely possible for the achievement to have wrong mission IDs required listed so that for example for it to pop you'd need to hit all the exploding barrels on a horizon run or something of sorts. I've exhausted my options as well and just waiting for a fix at this point.

• 1 month later...
With this event coming back in 2 weeks, Was the Onderon Horizon Razer Perfection ever fixed? I noticed some of the event was in the patch notes this week, but did not notice this.

I did.

"The “Horizon Razor: Onderon Course” Mission is now tracked for the “Horizon Perfection” Achievement on Onderon as intended."

• 2 weeks later...
I just ran it today, but I did not get the achievement.

Same. Didn't get fixed,

edit: Hmm, correction. I Finished with everything completed and two seconds remaining and didn't get it, but on my second run with another character (and.. 3 or 4 seconds remaining) I did get the achievement.

Fussy, but achievable.

Edited by cyrusramsey

I tried multiple times, but in the end I had only 17/18 orbs. Can anyone tell where is last orb (i found only 2 on part after tunnel and before last big jump), because when I try to use same orb twice it didnt count.

Upd. It works for me after relogging, thanks.

Edited by juliabee

Can confirm today it is possible to get Horizon Perfection on Onderon. I followed an earlier post saying to exit the game completely, then log in and on the first toon you log in on, go do that race first. Got it right off, which is after doing it on 2 other toons earlier without it popping. Made it with about 2 seconds left as well so idk if that's part, but I know this method worked for me

Can confirm today it is possible to get Horizon Perfection on Onderon. I followed an earlier post saying to exit the game completely, then log in and on the first toon you log in on, go do that race first. Got it right off, which is after doing it on 2 other toons earlier without it popping. Made it with about 2 seconds left as well so idk if that's part, but I know this method worked for me

Same here.

Edit: I did some testing and it seems that the problem is with the Bonus Time Trial mission. Because even when I had for example 20s to spare on Onderon with Pit Screames I still didn't receive completion of this mission. The Horizon the same. But after restarting the game, the Bonus Time Trial counted again. This was what was keeping me from getting the Blatant Begs achivement on Onderon too. So to be able to receive both Onderon Horizon Razer and Blatant Beks achievment, you have to restart your game before each run. Or at least that was how it worked for me.

Edited by Katschaba

maybe some people get lucky and avoid the glitch gods, but for me, tried on multible toons, tried restart game, to no avail. Horizon on Onderon is the last perfect run i am missing and i can do this run easy but it just doesnt count and that infuriates me more than it should, bioware please fix this god damn it. there seems to be some issue with the bonus timer, even though i complete the run with all orbs, nothing hit and 10+ sec left on the timer it just wont do what its supposed to. this is amateurish....

• 8 months later...
maybe some people get lucky and avoid the glitch gods, but for me, tried on multible toons, tried restart game, to no avail. Horizon on Onderon is the last perfect run i am missing and i can do this run easy but it just doesnt count and that infuriates me more than it should, bioware please fix this gosh darn it. there seems to be some issue with the bonus timer, even though i complete the run with all orbs, nothing hit and 10+ sec left on the timer it just wont do what its supposed to. this is amateurish....

Same here. All 18 orbs collected, nothing hit, and the time trial quest bugs as you go through the gate (even with 5+ seconds to spare). It's almost impressive that our lazy-*** dev team has been sleeping on the same bug for 3+ years still, and yet still have a job... honestly, what a crapfest. Considering unsubbing due to crappy CS

Edited by shadowinx

Same here, all orbs collected, 5+s on bonus timer, no obstacles hit. On multiple toons and many repeat runs. I tried contacting CS about it and all I got was: Yes we can see on our end that you completed the achievement but it wasn't granted. All we can do for you is say to complete it again and hope for the best!

Beh

It's almost impressive that our lazy-*** dev team has been sleeping on the same bug for 3+ years still, and yet still have a job... honestly, what a crapfest.

Super impressive really, given that the Swoop Rally event only launched for the first time in June 2020, so one year ago.

The confusing thing about this is that they did actually fix this bug a couple of months after it the event first launched, which is why most people who were posting in this thread (including myself) stopped posting because we managed to get the achievement after they fixed it. I guess they somehow broke it again if people are once again having problems getting it to unlock.

I’ve had issues with all three Horizon’s Perfection achievements this event. Same thing is happening for me. All objectives complete, no obstacles hit, plenty of time on the clock, sometimes 10+ seconds. This is especially evident on Tatooine, but it’s also happening on Dantooine too. I actually unlocked the Onderon achievement after maybe 15 tries, but I didn’t change my route at all or do any objectives differently, so I have no idea why that run completed it.

The achievements are either glitched/bugged so that something is very rarely registering completed, or there is some hidden criteria beyond completing the objectives before the bonus timer ends.