Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kioma
08.03.2012 , 10:33 PM | #631
Quote: Originally Posted by theStirge View Post
I for one am excited about the change. I still believe in EA's ability to screw up anything good, but on the whole I think this will be a good thing for everyone that actually likes the game.
We'll see, I guess. As for how it might affect SGRAs, I don't think it will. Story content certainly didn't slow down in LotRO, and SGRAs would (as has been mentioned thoroughly) fall into the Story Content category.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Tenebram
08.03.2012 , 11:42 PM | #632
Oh I didn't mean to imply that the F2P hybrid model is bad.. it works really great for a lot of things it just seems like it's going to cause a lot of work to iron out on top of their already long to do list. I'm not a doom and gloom type I'm just wondering how its all gonna go down. Which I guess wondering is about all we can do.. I wonder why I haven't figured that out by now lol

MusedMoose
08.04.2012 , 07:41 AM | #633
Quote: Originally Posted by Tenebram View Post
Oh I didn't mean to imply that the F2P hybrid model is bad.. it works really great for a lot of things it just seems like it's going to cause a lot of work to iron out on top of their already long to do list. I'm not a doom and gloom type I'm just wondering how its all gonna go down. Which I guess wondering is about all we can do.. I wonder why I haven't figured that out by now lol
One thing to consider is that SGRs were in progress long before they made the decision to switch to F2P. We got our first word that SGRs would be in the game nearly a year ago, and in March BioWare said they were still going to happen, so hopefully they're either done or nearly done and just waiting to be put in. I know there's no way for us to know for sure until we get some news from BW. But I sincerely doubt we'll see something that the devs already spent time and money on shoved aside or not used.

Uluain
08.04.2012 , 10:19 AM | #634
Quote: Originally Posted by Tenebram View Post
I'm not a doom and gloom type I'm just wondering how its all gonna go down. Which I guess wondering is about all we can do.. I wonder why I haven't figured that out by now lol
To add to what Moose said, the last word we had (at the Guild Summit last April) was that SGRs would be coming "with other story content". It certainly sounded as though the Dev Team had a notion of how the material would be added - if not specifically when.

While plans can change, and delays do happen, I think ongoing story content will have to be part of SWTOR, F2P or no. This has already been in the works, and I don't see it being thrown out - that is a waste of money already spent. Whether it will still be rolled out this year remains to be seen. As we have heard nothing further, I for one am thinking that the last word we had is still the case.

Rolling oit F2P is plainly THE big deal of the moment, and where we'll be hearing the most from the Team. Once the ruckus dies down over that, I imagine an update on SGRs will be more forthcoming. But I don't expect more than a "Yes, it is still to come" until they are just about to roll it out - which is pretty much what they told us in April.

Tenebram
08.04.2012 , 01:16 PM | #635
This year is what I was getting at not that it wasn't going to be added.. like I said they have a long list and they keep adding stuff to the top and not the bottom so everything gets pushed down

elliotcat
08.04.2012 , 03:28 PM | #636
The lack of SGR content is making me insane.

I've been playing my Sith Warrior. I'm a woman and I prefer playing women, and I play my warrior as gay because I don't want her to be with Quinn - for obvious reasons. Her interactions with Vette are just so adorable, and it's heartbreaking that it can't go any further. They'd make the most adorable pair. And then I got Jaesa, whose devotion to the Light Side and her master is just really nice, too. Either of them would make such a fantastic partner for my light Warrior.

gh I just really, really want SGR content. Guess I'll have to be patient...somehow.

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"[/SIZE]

Tenebram
08.04.2012 , 04:29 PM | #637
I know how you feel I have a bunch of chars leveled up until the point of getting the companion I wish to romance just in case they don't work retroactively.. which would suck but.. at this point I'll take what I can get

AhsokaTanorules
08.04.2012 , 07:27 PM | #638
I've been wondering, are there any confirmed SGRA romances in Star Wars storylines in general. I know Trek has had them.

Baptes
08.04.2012 , 09:42 PM | #639
Quote: Originally Posted by AhsokaTanorules View Post
I've been wondering, are there any confirmed SGRA romances in Star Wars storylines in general. I know Trek has had them.
You mean in the Star Wars Extended Universe (books, comics, games and TV stuff)? A few that I know of.

Goran Beviin and Medrit Vasur, two Mandalorians (the books) and the Cathar Jedi Juhani (the KotOR game).

There may be more, but those are the ones I recall offhand.

Raiellyn
08.05.2012 , 03:55 AM | #640
Quote: Originally Posted by Baptes View Post
You mean in the Star Wars Extended Universe (books, comics, games and TV stuff)? A few that I know of.

Goran Beviin and Medrit Vasur, two Mandalorians (the books) and the Cathar Jedi Juhani (the KotOR game).

There may be more, but those are the ones I recall offhand.
Belaya as well, sort of. The context of her interactions seemed to imply deep-rooted feelings for Juhani, as if you killed her, Belaya would flee to join the Sith and later attempt to murder you for it.. That's a lot to lose over just a friendship.

Also, Luxa. That one Exchange boss on Telos Station in KotOR II. She flirts just as hard with a male Exile or female.
"It's a bad day for heroes."