let those of us who want, pause experience gain

GeneralGyro

like, completely and utterly pause experience gain. there is a lot of rare world drops and also heroic armor that can be obtained but only within a certain level that is within the planets level caps. i would like a way to pause experience completely so that i can have a chance to collect these rare items.

This would cause a problem for Lower level PvP however. You would have players intentionally stop leveling right before the last level of a bracket, so all of the lower levels would be cannon fodder for them.

A great idea I would support but.....

1) Group players would thoroughly abuse it for advantage with bolster (PVP players in particular).

2) it undermines Bioware's goal to make group only play more rewarding than solo play (by letting me stop leveling at level 75 where I get all the advantages of the iRating 306 gear which is better for solo play than just about any higher rated gear due to set bonuses).

3) It would undermine Bioware's goal to get more players to participate in the gear grind (and thus group content) for the same reason as 2 above as well as making up for lack of new content - gear grind is the new content..

If one could stop leveling now (as of 7.0 and its updates), there would be no reason for a solo player to go beyond level 75 (every level beyond that is a nerf compared to level 75 for those players)

This would cause a problem for Lower level PvP however. You would have players intentionally stop leveling right before the last level of a bracket, so all of the lower levels would be cannon fodder for them.

yeah twinking. but they could restrict it only to world phase

or not let you queue for pvp at all if levelings disabled

Edited by GeneralGyro

yeah twinking. but they could restrict it only to world phase

or not let you queue for pvp at all if levelings disabled

Thus far, nobody who has proposed a stop-leveling or "manually if I press the button" leveling mechanism has, in the initial proposal, *ever* provided some sort of mechanism for avoiding having characters pinned at max level for their PvP bracket. Some have even rejected that it would be a problem.

But yes, you're right, making it so that you can't queue for Warzones with the pause enabled (*or* so that the pause is disabled during Warzones but comes back active *after* you accept the Warzone reward XP) well, that would solve the Warzone issue.

EDIT: When I say "nobody", I mean "nobody whose proposal I noticed", of course.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

i think this is the same idea but then in a diffrend way like on the other thread about levelen more to make it slow or stop.

and i think also that a lot off players will stop at lvl 75 to keep the bonus from the 6.0 gear since the 7.0 gear is compleet crap.

and that a lot off players will stay lvl 59 on some other chars only for the armor crate's from the heroic's and not the locked supply one's.