Tank set bonus

mjboehm

So looking at tank set bonuses and I think there mostly crap. I was thinking about going with the final breath but that won't help your healer out until your half dead. I seen someone say Lord of pain was the best but against a single target that's only a 2.5% damage reduction for 10 seconds every 35 seconds.

What might be best is amplified champions gear with Reinforced Armor, with all 7 pieces it would add up to 5.04 weapon damage reduction all the time. I know it would take a ton of credits to reroll, but would it be better?

Edit: weapon damage reduction would be 3.36 not 5.04

Edited by mjboehm

Interesting quandary and one I want the answer for as well.

I rate Lord of Pain as very good to great for PvP. I like your idea about the amplified but it would get expensive. Any other ideas?

More importantly how are people stacking their skins?

How much Def?

How much Shield?

How much absorb?

Thanks!!

Lord of Pain is used mostly because it lowers cooldown on AoE taunt (the damage reduction is nice to have with it, usually when you need to use aoe taunt in PvE it is when there actually are some adds spawning... or when something went really wrong and you need to use it when your single target taunt is on cd). I don't have Flawless Riposte full set yet, but it might be interesting alternative for some fights..

I can comment on stats only for scaled lvl 70 content as I do not tank in Dxun HM and I don't PvP, but what works for me is going all out on defense (I have around 7300 and it is not fully maxed yet), with around 3.6k in both shield and absorb, slightly favoring shield (though I think it is less than 100 points difference on my tank). For amplifiers I have Aural defense that reduces damage from AoE attacks, as many attacks are actually AoEs so it felt better than specializing in just one type of damage.

Edited by Sandrosw

I didn't think about the CD reduction part of it, but I do like the idea of it for PvP. I am going to have to look at it again tonight when I get on.

For stats I was thinking about going shielding on my augs because defense is so high. I am not sure when diminishing returns kicks in but I thought it was at 30% for defense.

• 1 year later...

As much as I'd love to have Flawless Riposte, it's kind of a fluke that my Guardian even ever got the gloves on a drop. I don't play him enough to want to go through the punishment it would take to manage the whole set. Lord of Pain is sounding reasonably useful at least. I never PvP so it would essentially be for the CD and damage reduction - both good things when you're taking all that heat like a good tank does.

I don't know if Amplified Champion is worth it but I'm keeping my options open. My guy's only just now getting at the 306 level, and he's not one I play a whole lot so I'm not in a rush.

Edited by Swounds
Didn't realize this was a necro