Master Loot Change with 6.3.2

CommunityTeam

I simply wanted to say "THANK YOU!!!!!!" Holy smokes - thank you, thank you, thank you. Having seen games played with this (i.e. group starts with round robin then the leader drops and 2nd is master loot, grabs everything and logs out right then and there), I support this change. Look forward to more changes like this for player equability.

So just make it so loot cant change mid fight? You didnt have to remove need/greed/pass to do that.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never had any issues with the need and greed system.

You could just have made it so it can't be switched to master loot mid fight or that everyone had to vote and agree if the loot system got switched. Or just remove master loot but keep the need and greed system.

Often loot now goes to someone who doesn't even need it or they don't even notice that they got something.

Before ppl could just greed or pass on things they had no use for, now everone has to check their inv and trade to those who do need the item. In pug groups ppl are just not gonna even bother and rather vendor gear. Already heard complains cause someone took like 5sec to trade me an item.

Highlight so far was when one person got 2 brontes wings in 16m nim DF. Was a guildy so we rolled and she did trade 2nd pair, but still working as intended?

Honestly I understand why these changes were made and to a certain point I agree. However I think you did it wrongly. How is it more fair that someone gets all the barnacles or all the wings in a 16m or all the masks when defeating dreadtooth ? (I got 2 masks when I actually didn’t need them at all...). So now people’s inventories fill with stuff they don’t necessarily need and it just really annoying. Why didn’t you make it so that it can’t be changed to master loot when entering an instanced area ? Then the issue would be solved while also keeping the need/Greed/pass system that was just so nice before. Now I can’t even pass for stuff I don’t need.

This new system is okay I think. In our guild we allways took greed in operations out of lazyness. So nothing will change there for us. You can still trade afterwards.

Whats really bad is that you do not see what was rolled after a boss fight. There should be at least some window for gear and deco. (I don't care for the mats at all anymore.).

Yes you can scroll up but this should be implemented asap.

And whats really really bad is that you do not see (also not in the chat) who got the legendary OP mats (OEM). A nightmare for nightmare groups :rolleyes:

One more voice to rollback the loot system. Removing Master Looter was stupid, even if there were ways it could be abused, there were other solutions to fix this, that have been said in this very thread at least 10 times.

Master Looter is pretty much required to do sale runs, especially since you completely botched this and only ONE person gets ALL of the items that drop double. Doing 16 man brontes? 2 wings drop, same person gets both, every time. Same goes for the oems. 6 oems drop in 16man on last bosses (12 on apex), same person gets everything.

It's even worse for crest, since the same person get the 4 crests, and they just have to have autoloot activated for 3 of them to get deleted. This is just beyond stupid.

I'm not even talking about the removal of need/greed/pass in round robin which is actually an insult to intelligence itself.

its not a bad thing, and this will build into 7.0 gearing system as well which makes it even better, a big part of the dislike seems to come from people used to being ops leader and loving to be able to assign loot to people they want or themselves instead of letting everyone get an equal chance to get the item

thanks, yours and RikuvonDrake's comments are the only things that mean anything to me a new player still unsure of looting atm, this post has not helped that ^_- with multiple lvl 30s now i have still only done one of the early FPs, i only looted the bosses because everyone else ran off leaving the loot light there, those guys were a lot higher level though and the 3 pieces of loot from the whole FP were for my class or useable

Frankly, I don't miss that stupid popup coming up while I'm still fighting trash mobs because someone couldn't wait to loot the boss. I do, however, not really care for all of the garbage that winds up in my inventory that I used to just pass on because I have no use for it and the guy that's leveling in the group might actually need it.

my gosh i'd never attmpt to loot a boss with mobs on the deck still to be cleared, f'in barbarians

Totally idiotic change.

Only because some idiots used Master Loot in OPS to cheat other players to get all the loot.

Now I can not greed/need/cede or disassemble when looting.

in ALL other activity when this bloody idiotic change was only due to some Master Looter cheaters.

It is bloody annoying and a bad change most of all!

Easy way to deal with Master Looter cheaters:

Just put them in ignore and go with some DECENT OPS guys.

Problem solved!

The looting system now was neither asked for nor is it good.

Want the old mechanics for loot back.

Just discard Master Loot in OPS only and problem solved.

And before you could SEE the rolls as well as seeing if someone just needed all the time or plain cheated you with taking Master Loot.

Then you could just take your consequences with how to deal with it.

But now?

You see NOTHING.

And that is most vexing.

"Do I get the loot? Sorry, need to check my inventory.."

Just...Bah!

no way m8, what you are saying is lets feed all us new guys to mater looter cheaters ^_- because they can go through how many people a week/month being on the mst amount of ignore lists and still it wont prevent it

Completely in support of personal loot since historically master looter often caused problems in any mmo since master looter meant a random gamer would be in charge of loot, and that meant all kinds of wrong people/including guild masters had power over others which they abused for any number of reasons which lead to further problems and arguments.

With that being said I feel the friction would mainly exist when it comes to gear and other really major rewards so I feel the need/greed system would still benefit items such as stronghold rewards, pets and mounts.

Or at least maybe hide what drops, I remember I did a quick MM flashpoint, looted the last boss and show there was a mount on it, I was confused since no need/greed popup appeared and I was wondering if I hid it accidentally through the interface window, now learned of this change which I completely understand.

I just feel it feels bad to see a mount dropped and you cant /roll for it through the need/greed system, even though technically it is the same, the need/greed system gave a certain illusion of control.

So my suggestion would be either reinstate need/greed but only for stronghold stuff, pets, mounts etc, or hide what drops so people dont see that a mount dropped but they didnt get it.

no way m8, what you are saying is lets feed all us new guys to mater looter cheaters ^_- because they can go through how many people a week/month being on the mst amount of ignore lists and still it wont prevent it

So just change it so loot system cannot be changed mid fight? Why delete the need/greed/pass system? Why remove the players control on what they want or don't want in their inventory? Sure you are happy master looter is gone, the price was way to steep.

So just change it so loot system cannot be changed mid fight? Why delete the need/greed/pass system? Why remove the players control on what they want or don't want in their inventory? Sure you are happy master looter is gone, the price was way to steep.

Indeed. Just revert to need/greed/pass, and make it impossible to change loot rules after combat started. Problem solved.

I've played this game for 10 years and I've never had anyone ninja looting anything. I'm running with guild groups, I run with friends. Sometimes I join some other guild run when they want to fill thelast spots with pugs, and they've always been open about the loot rules. If the masks from DT are reserved, they announce it. If it's FFA, they have always announced it, and I have never had anyone lie about it.

Sure, it must suck to have items ninja looted, but some personal responsibility should also be required. Don't join dodgy groups - and if you don't trust someone else running a group, make your own. But I guess that's what you people have to do now anyways, as guilds won't invite pugs to their runs anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
What you're describing though isn't even master loot, its the plain 'ol Need/Greed system and if you lose at chance don't start cryin, it was literally as fair as possible.

Master Loot is one person deciding who gets what.

I don't think any ONE person should be allowed to decide, I mean many will give items to those who ask, or say they need; yet some won't and isn't very fair.

I have no issues with the new system.

I don't think any ONE person should be allowed to decide, I mean many will give items to those who ask, or say they need; yet some won't and isn't very fair.

I have no issues with the new system.

I have no issue with master loot being gone. The removal of need/greed/pass needs to be changed back. You don't even know what dropped or who got it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi everyone,

We wanted to let you all know about an upcoming change that will be happening with Patch 6.3.2.

Currently, SWTOR has a Master Loot option which allows the party leader to choose who receives each gear piece and a Group Loot option where gear must be rolled on by members of the party and highest roll wins. This has led to unwanted friction during the loot process, so we are working to build an efficient process that removes this type of negative player experience and potentially harmful behaviors. In order to achieve this, we will be removing the Master Loot system to bring us closer to what we are calling the Personal Loot system.

This means that gear you get will go directly into your inventory. No more rolling, no more choosing who wins items. Part of our modernization efforts include improving the loot experience for all players. We know there are groups who used the Master Loot system to distribute gear. We want to reassure you that with these changes gear will still remain tradeable within your group for 2 hours and chat logs will still record who gear was given to.

We took a first step towards Personal Loot during the Onslaught expansion where gear was given based on your discipline. This has worked well, promoted a healthy player experience, and we want to continue building upon this system. Patch 6.3.2 will be the next step along that path as we move towards our 10th anniversary.

6.3.2 is currently targeted for end of the month/early September.

Master Looting should have been abolished, since Group Leaders will seize everything for themselves.

Just a reason I no longer play in groups.

• 2 months later...
Does this only apply to content such as FPs and OPS or is it also as soon as it is a group out in the open world doing weekly areas like Yavin or Section-X?

It doesn't apply to anything. You are replying to an ancient and irrelevant thread.