Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

THANKS GameStop for screwing us first day purchasers, and sending out early access codes a week later so we can miss the first day or 2 of early release...

Yo EA !! next time pick another party to vendor your games...

EBGames put hundreds a week behind cause they wanted our money, but didnt bother to tell us they ran out of codes and that we would be getting the shaft..... a full week behind = a waste of 2 holidays booked off for launch.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok this is really dissapointing. I mean why did they ahve all those beta test , if we can't all get in same time. I understand if they don't wan't too let us in same time, but they really should let us all in same day at least. I mean why would someone be able to play and someone not if we all payed money for the game. This is actually against the law in some countries. BW this is really not a good start for such a nice game :-/

GG BW, I bet your gonna lose people over this whacked wave system you got going here, not me of course, I'm just QQing, but I'm sure some people will:rolleyes:

Oh, I hope they loose people over it... they are people that shouldn't be playing MMORPG's to begin with... though they are very entertaining and you always need comic relief, a MMORPG can actualy do without people that go ape caca over not being able to play SEVEN days early when they were actualy only promised "up to FIVE"

... /em points the way to Stormwind

-------------->

Hey everyone, good morning and welcome to the first day of Early Game Access for Star Wars: The Old Republic!

We're granting access based solely on when people's pre-orders were redeemed, and we're going to be granting it in 'waves' - large batches of emails and game entitlements that will go out over the course of today (and tomorrow, and the next day, and so on).

I'll be updating this thread (and this post) as we send out more 'waves' of invites.

So far today, we have sent out two 'waves' of invites; we will be sending more later on, but I cannot be specific on timing. (Why? Because as we invite each wave, we monitor to see how servers are performing and so on. If everything is good, we'll send a 'wave' earlier; we in fact sent 'wave 2' ahead of schedule. So cross your fingers.)

Now, to the question you all have: when will you be invited? Well, I cannot be specific to individuals or even to dates, because again, we have to remain flexible. That said, I can talk a little about the pattern of pre-orders.

At the very beginning of pre-orders, which started on July 21st, we had a massive influx of pre-orders. A huge spike. After that, things settled down. As a result, today especially, you're going to see a fairly narrow band of dates from those admitted to Early Game Access. From tomorrow, it'll spread out to a wider date range.

That's about as specific as we're going to get right now. However, as we send more waves I'll update this thread/post with more information. Thanks for your patience - we know it's been a long road, but you'll be playing before too long.

Update: Wave 3 was just sent.

Update: Wave 4 was sent approximately noon CST. (Apologies for delay.)

Update: Wave 5 - the final wave for today - was sent at approx 1:30PM CST.

More invites will be sent tomorrow (Wednesday).

if you think your severs can't handle all the preorders 7 days before launch what is going to happen at launch day... I understand you want to stagger to test but wasn't that beta. Wasn't a single person watching the server stress when you gave all the beta testers access.. Did the beta test actually showed you that your servers can't handle more players then playing right now????? SERIOUSLY?

I understand stagger... but WHY STOP INVITING??? keep going and invite. Not everyone will login in and start playing as soon as you invite, some people are at work or school. Invite moar.

i bought the collectors edition on 7/30 and still no invite. i thought that was the point of paying 160 bucks is for the early access...

no every one got early acsess with any preorder as clearly stated every ware but u do get a statue enjoy

In no way, shape, or form should anyone be trying to play this game on a P4 with 2GB of ram and most likely onboard video or a card thats as dated as the CPU. A computer of those specs would have been made in 2004-2005. Even WoW would have a hard time running on that. Get with the time and get a computer atleast 5 years old or less, haha.

The game NEEDS a Dualcore CPU, 4GBS of ram, and a modern low-mid range video card to run properly. Tom's hardware guide and many other sites allready proved this during beta.

A P4 would heat my room nicely during the long, cold winter.

Y'know their facebook said "Throughout the day", call me crazy but 8am-2pm is not "The day" in fact "The Day" doesn't end for most working people until around 5pm their time zone. Hell it's noon in California, it's only 2pm here and you decide to stop?

Well, we'll see how fast they get people in once the negative reviews start, hell they've already started, this is now approaching "DCUO f2p Day" levels of idiotic ideas.