Please Update Guild Ship Room Unlocks

UlaVii

Things have changed a lot in the 6 years since guild ships were first added to the game which has had quite an impact on how difficult they can be to fully unlock. I propose some changes to how encryptions and frameworks are acquired to help guilds reach 100% more easily.

Current Requirements

• 20 Command Frameworks or 1000 Command Encryptions
  • 18 Engineering Frameworks or 900 Engineering Encryptions
  • 16 Logistical Frameworks or 800 Logistical Encryptions
  • Total: 54 Frameworks or 2700 Encryptions

There are 4 routes to getting them at the moment with each having it's own big negative attached:

1) Weekly Encryptions. Each week you complete your 50k conquest point weekly goal in a guild you get 1 encryption which you can sell on the GTN or donate to your guild. Each time your guild gets 50 of the same encryption type they can purchase a framework. Going this route will require 2700 Encryptions to fully unlock a guild ship.

If you are in a small guild and have 20 characters reach their 50k each week it will take over 130 weeks (2.5 years) to fully unlock your ship.

2) Dark Project Encryptions. You can craft or buy Dark Project MK-1s and trade them at the CQ vendor for encryptions. This used to be a viable option but the mats changed so you now need Iokath Recombinators which cost 260k credits from the Odessan vendor and Invasion Forces which can cost over 600k on the GTN.

50 Dark Projects at 860k each means it costs 43m per framework so 2.32 billion credits to fully unlock the guild ship.

3) Battlemaster Frameworks. Killing the battlemasters was supposed to be the fast way to get frameworks but nowadays that route tends to lead to frustration for a lot of people as there are several groups who claim to be guarding them for the sake of "openworld PvP". They say that because the devs only put them on PvP instances then that means they want people to continuously grief each other over them. When you have people intent on trolling a group they can be stuck there for well over an hour and still come away empty handed. This leads to bad blood among players and guilds as a lot of the people who just want to unlock their ships face the prospect of being forced into frustrating battles with bullies and trolls.

4) Galactic Trade Network. You can buy encryptions on the GTN for between 500-800k and frameworks for between 30-70m so to fully unlock a ship this way:

• If you buy 2700 encryptions for 800k each then you can unlock your ship for 2.16 billion credits.
  • If you buy 2700 encryptions for 500k each then you can unlock your ship for 1.35 billion credits.
  • If you buy 54 frameworks for 70m then it costs 3.78 billion credits.
  • If you buy 54 frameworks for 40m then it costs 2.16 billion credits.
  • If you get lucky and buy 54 frameworks for 30m each it still costs 1.62 billion credits.

What makes this route even more depressing for people is that they often have to buy frameworks from the very same trolls/guilds who kept wiping their group on the Battlemasters which adds to the anger and resentment towards both the trolls and the system that enables their behavior.

Suggested Improvements

Reduce Frameworks Required For Each Room Unlock

Chop the frameworks required for each room by 50%. Dulfy has a guide which shows the current number required for each.

Reward Frameworks For Guild XP Levels

On the PTS there is a vendor called GU-PU who sells each framework type for 1 credit plus a 4th item called "Flagship Framework" (Screenshot). It would be nice if this generic item was available on the live server. It could be auto-mailed to the guild leader each time their guild dings 3 levels and serve as a generic framework which can be used to substitute any of the 3 framework types. This will encourage new guilds to do activities to increase their Guild XP level.

Increase Framework Drop Rate For Battlemasters

Change the frameworks to be a 100% drop from Battlemasters as they are with Shielded Commanders. This means there will be more frameworks available and the Shielded Commanders can remain a novelty reward for guilds that take 1st place on a planet.

Add Battlemasters & Commanders To PvE Instances

Currently the Battlemasters and Commanders are only on the PvP instance. I suggest adding them to the PvE instance as well. It won't stop the trolls trying to taunt the boss away so it resets but it will cut out the hassle of being directly attacked by these groups who claim they are doing the dev's bidding. They can continue to attack Battlemaster groups on the PvP instance against other people who enjoy long drawn out battles but if they move over to PvE then it is blatant harassment and can be treated as such by their guild leaders and Customer Services.

Let People Buy Encryptions With Tech Fragments / Jawa Scrap

Add another set of Encryptions to the current CQ vendor that can be bought using Tech Fragments and add them as a new item to the Jawa Scrap Vendor.

Let People Unlock Rooms With Credits

Currently it costs 5m per room on top of the encryption/framework cost. Let people pay a higher credit cost to unlock the rooms without needing frameworks.

Over the past months trolls camping at battlemaster spawn points in pvp instances have ruined so many ppl day by their constant camping. Multiple times ive had people scouting on imperial side but not having full guild group ready to kill the boss so they summoned few of their friends with repside characters to troll the grp trying to kill the battlemaster by pulling the whole base and all the base defender npcs onto them, wiping them.

The trolls, like 50% of the time, more even are there just to ruin someones day because they eventually gather big group of their guildies on opposite faction characters - but they never swap faction to actually kill the battlemasters and just camp there and troll and kill any groups that would like to kill the battlemaster.

I would 100% suggest moving battlemasters to PVE instance, not just adding them to PVE but completely removing them from PVP instance to prevent this type of trolling. This would help ppl in gathering encryptions and frameworks the original way devs intended but without having to deal with the griefers for the most part.

Edited by Darittha

When you craft dark projects it's best to craft the invasion forces yourself as well. It takes a little bit of doing and the 260K per craft you cannot get around...but make sure you have your companions at rank 50. I tend to get crits a lot wich means lots of doubles. And I have 18 characters that do conquest easily each week.

And I have a solo guild btw that I recently acquired. I have 51 dark projects sitting in storage and before that total I already turned 30 of them into command plans. Tomorrow conquest ends and I get 18 of them + 2 in storage. So that's 2 purple plans tomorrow...that's a week's worth.

Now I will say that I have all my crafters with 8 rank 50 companions each. In any case I'll be able to open my main command deck tomorrow. It costs something but I won't be spending the billion+ you speak of. Crafting is the cheapest way but it costs time. However, I did 3 crafts of 8 dark projects just today and they all came out crits so that's 48 dark projects for 24x260K. That's just over 6M for almost a whole purple plan. I've been crafting dark projects and invasion forces for conquest anyway over the past while.

Anything crafting though you'd need to prepare first and make sure you have r50 companions and enough of them. It really cuts down on the time and they have more crits. And you need to be willing to craft from the base up. Just buying the mats and doing that final craft is NOT doing it the crafting way. You skip the first few steps and that's what you end up paying for.

Edited by Tsillah

I would have loved the option to just unlock the flagship with pure credits or based on guild level. My guild's been around -- for the most part -- since December of 2018 and it wasn't until this Summer that we got our last unlock. It's just hard for a small guild, particularly if you're not focused on actually farming the frameworks or finishing Conquest.

Whilst I see where the suggestions coming from, and I would even say most of them are actually good, there's one thing I've noticed recently.

3) Battlemaster Frameworks. Killing the battlemasters was supposed to be the fast way to get frameworks but nowadays that route tends to lead to frustration for a lot of people as there are several groups who claim to be guarding them for the sake of "openworld PvP". They say that because the devs only put them on PvP instances then that means they want people to continuously grief each other over them. When you have people intent on trolling a group they can be stuck there for well over an hour and still come away empty handed. This leads to bad blood among players and guilds as a lot of the people who just want to unlock their ships face the prospect of being forced into frustrating battles with bullies and trolls.

I completely disagree with the point you're trying to make here, including the person commenting below you.

You're claiming the main issue is that new/small guilds have trouble upgrading their ships to max because of the above, however the only guilds having an issue with the battlemaster fights are top *********** guilds who have long unlocked everything. Their sole problem is that other guilds started to notice the pvp aspect of these commanders and wipe them 3v10 and 4v10 or more. Your problem here is not that poor small guilds cannot take it, but because your top guild can no longer make profit out of it because other guilds cross you, wipe you, and take the commander instead.

Having this in mind, whilst as I initially said I find most of your suggestions solid and sound, this leaves a bad aftertaste in my mouth, and makes me think you actually don't care at all about those small guilds, but only use them as an excuse so you can start making money again by removing the competetiveness of commanders because your guild members just cannot handle it.

My suggestion to help with the above:

1) Get more people/better people so you don't get wiped by 3-4 people on commanders

2) Do NiM ops and sell mats. Organise days when your people who are capable of killing easier NiM bosses (they aren't really that hard, eg tfb 1st, snv 1,2 , df 1, full ec even), then relog to alts until ppl get bored or something. You can easily make 500-1bill in an evening, then you just take X% for guild and split the rest between people.

There's a reason commanders are on PvP instance and trying to tag people who use it for PvP as "trolls" is like saying Tyth is a troll boss because it spawns adds, there should only be the boss.

Do you find it trolling as well that there's a PvP instance for gree dailies and people camp it? Same concept, and it's PvP instance for a reason.

Nevertheless, all the other points are fair in my opinion and I wholeheartedly agree.

Edited by Therealkiking

It costs something but I won't be spending the billion+ you speak of.

That's just over 6M for almost a whole purple plan. I've been crafting dark projects and invasion forces for conquest anyway over the past while.

I didn't include the crafting route as I've not heard of anybody trying to craft all 2700 encryptions before. It's fascinating that you're going that way.

The 6m credits you mention is for the 260k it costs for each Iokath Recombinator if you're getting a ~50% crit rate when you make a Dark Project which is really good. For the raw mats do you gather them all yourself or buy them? If you gather them yourself, how long do you estimate it takes to collect enough for an entire framework? If you buy them how much do you estimate it costs to create a single Framework?

Oh no. Curiosity got me! I'll give it a go to work out the cost based on GTN prices if the only thing purchased is the lowest level mats. I'll do this not counting crafting crits at all so we can get a good "high price" and then we can suss out how much it is with ~50% crits happening the whole way through the crafting chain.

Time to go down the rabbit hole!

Dark Project MK-1 > 3,169,900 Credits

8x Refined Isotope Stabilizer > 72,000 Credits (9k each)

1x Iokath Recombinator > 260k

1x War Supplies: Invasion Force > 2,837,900 Credits (total cost of the 5 war supplies from below)

1x Infantry Supply Kit: 561,200 Credits

4x Anodyne Cell Graft: 81,600 Credits (total)

4x Fresh Red Cell Graft: 150,400 Credits

4x Metabolic Cell Graft: 71,200 Credits

6x Parasitic Cell Graft: 99,600 Credits

8x Premium Curious Cell Graft: 158,400 Credits

Anodyne Cell Graft: 20,400 Credits

2x Metamorphic Cell Culture > 6k

2x Anodyne Extract > 3k

2x Nervesplicer > 1200

Fresh Red Cell Graft: 37,600 Credits

2x Fresh Neurochemical Extract > 9k

2x Fresh Red Goo > 8k

2x Vapro-sampler > 1800

Metabolic Cell Graft: 17,800 Credits

2x Metabolic Enhancement Agent > 5k

2x Artificial Microbe > 3k

2x Stim Plug > 900

Parasitic Cell Graft: 16,600 Credits

2x Nutrient Gel > 4k

2x Parasitic Microorganism > 4k

2x Memory-plastic > 300

Premium Curious Cell Graft: 19,800 Credits

6x Premium Unknown Microorganism > 1400

6x Premium Virulent Extract > 1500

8x Standard Recombinator > 300

1x Armored Vehicles: 687,200 Credits

4x Farium Cyber Assembly Component: 105,600 Credits (total)

4x Polished Aluminium Cyber Assembly Component: 110,400 Credits

6x Electrum Cyber Assembly Component: 127,200 Credits

4x Mythra Cyber Assembly Component: 142,400 Credits

4x Premium Duranium Cyber Assembly Component: 201,600 Credits

Farium Cyber Assembly Component: 26,400 Credits

2x Farium > 6k (each)

2x Molytex > 6k

2x Vandium Flux > 1200

Polished Aluminium Cyber Assembly Component: 27,600 Credits

2x Polished Laminoid > 6k

2x Polished Aluminium > 6k

2x Endothermic Flux > 1800

Electrum Cyber Assembly Component: 21,200 Credits

2x Electrum > 5k

2x Polyplast > 5k

2x Brazing Flux > 600

Mythra Cyber Assembly Component: 35,600 Credits

2x Mythra > 7k

2x Turadium > 9k

2x Tricopper Flux > 1800

Premium Duranium Cyber Assembly Component: 50,400 Credits

6x Premium Tempersteel > 4k

6x Premium Duranium Plating > 4k

8x Standard Flerovium Flux > 300

1x Holocron of Strategy: 459,700 Credits

4x Ruusan Synth Bonded Attachment: 69,600 Credits

4x Gleaming Phond Synth Bonded Attachment: 70,400 Credits

6x Firkrann Synth Bonded Attachment: 92,700 Credits

4x Upari Synth Bonded Attachment: 92,800 Credits

4x Iridescent Bondar Synth Bonded Attachment: 134,200 Credits

Ruusan Synth Bonded Attachment: 17,400 Credits

2x Enigmatic Artifact Fragment: 4500

2x Ruusan Crystal: 3k

2x Zoosha Solution: 1200

Gleaming Phond Synth Bonded Attachment: 17,600 Credits

2x Gleaming Phond Crystal: 3500

2x Gleaming Alien Fragment: 3500

2x Cranoran Thread: 1800

Firkrann Synth Bonded Attachment: 15,450 Credits

2x Galactic Artifact Fragment: 4k

2x Firkrann Crystal: 3500

2x Brocart Filaments: 225

Upari Synth Bonded Attachment: 23,200 Credits

2x Primeval Artifact Fragment: 5k

2x Upari Crystal: 6k

2x Cortosis Substrate: 600

Iridescent Bondar Synth Bonded Attachment: 33,550 Credits

2x Iridescent Bondar Crystal: 5k

2x Iridescent Artifact Fragment: 9k

2x Travella Cloth: 2775

1x Starship Weapons: 423,700 Credits

4x Polished Plasteel Cyber Assembly Component: 86,200 Credits (total)

4x Farium Cyber Assembly Component: 105,600 Credits

4x Polished Aluminium Cyber Assembly Component: 110,400 Credits

6x Bondite Cyber Assembly Component: 72,900 Credits

4x Durasteel Cyber Assembly Component: 48,600 Credits

Polished Plasteel Cyber Assembly Component: 21,550 Credits

2x Polished Chanlon > 4k (each)

2x Polished Plasteel > 4k

2x Protonic flux > 2775

Farium Cyber Assembly Component: 26,400 Credits

2x Farium > 6k

2x Molytex > 6k

2x Vandium Flux > 1200

Polished Aluminium Cyber Assembly Component: 27,600 Credits

2x Polished Laminoid > 6k

2x Polished Aluminium > 6k

2x Endothermic Flux > 1800

Bondite Cyber Assembly Component: 12,150 Credits

2x Fibermesh > 4k

2x Bondite > 2k

2x Insulating Flux > 75

Durasteel Cyber Assembly Component: 19,200 Credits

2x Durasteel > 4k

2x Zal Alloy > 5k

2x Thermoplast Flux > 600

1x Crystal Capacitors: 706,100 Credits

8x Premium Lustrous Synth Bonded Attachment: 379,200 Credits

4x Ruusan Synth Bonded Attachment: 69,600 Credits

4x Gleaming Phond Synth Bonded Attachment: 70,400 Credits

6x Damind Synth Bonded Attachment: 83,700 Credits

4x Carbonic Synth Bonded Attachment: 103,200Credits

Premium Lustrous Synth Bonded Attachment: 47,400 Credits

6x Premium Lustrous Bondar Crystal > 5k

6x Premium Lustrous Artifact Fragment > 2500

8x Standard Veda Cloth > 300

Ruusan Synth Bonded Attachment: 17,400 Credits

2x Enigmatic Artifact Fragment: 4500

2x Ruusan Crystal: 3k

2x Zoosha Solution: 1200

Gleaming Phond Synth Bonded Attachment: 17,600 Credits

2x Gleaming Phond Crystal: 3500

2x Gleaming Alien Fragment: 3500

2x Cranoran Thread: 1800

Damind Synth Bonded Attachment: 13,950 Credits

2x Damind Crystal > 3600

2x Hypertech Artifact Fragment > 3k

2x Zeyd-cloth > 375

Carbonic Synth Bonded Attachment: 25,800 Credits

2x Carbonic Crystal > 7k

2x Primordial Artifact Fragment > 5k

2x Corundum Powder > 900

If we apply a 50% crit rate throughout the 3 levels of crafting e.g. Assembly Components >> Armored Vehicles >> Invasion Forces then the costs would become:

Dark Project MK-1 > 2,446,250 Credits

8x Refined Isotope Stabilizer > 72,000 Credits (9k each)

1x Iokath Recombinator > 260k

1x War Supplies: Invasion Force > 2,114,250 Credits (total cost of the 5 war supplies from below)

1x Infantry Supply Kit: 420,900 Credits

1x Armored Vehicles: 515,400 Credits

1x Holocron of Strategy: 344,775 Credits

1x Starship Weapons: 317,775 Credits

1x Crystal Capacitors: 515,400 Credits

It still seems quite expensive for a single Dark Project MK-1 considering it only gives you one Encryption when traded to the vendor. You would massively reduce the cost by harvesting all the raw mats yourself but that will take quite a while to do enough for 2700 encryptions. Kudos to you if you are getting 2 frameworks a week doing this. It shows a lot of dedication towards your guild.

Edited by UlaVii

You're claiming the main issue is that new/small guilds have trouble upgrading their ships to max because of the above, however the only guilds having an issue with the battlemaster fights are top *********** guilds who have long unlocked everything.

The only time I mention "small" or "new" guilds are in the sections about going the Encryption route or with the GXP idea. The battlemaster route where I glossed over how there are groups of people taunting the boss away mid fight, pulling trash onto the group and attacking people out of the blue affects people regardless of what size guild or which guild they are in.

Your problem here is not that poor small guilds cannot take it, but because your top guild can no longer make profit out of it because other guilds cross you, wipe you, and take the commander instead.

My guild is doing fine. We have billions in the double digits and I just put 40 frameworks on the GTN.

this leaves a bad aftertaste in my mouth, and makes me think you actually don't care at all about those small guilds, but only use them as an excuse so you can start making money again by removing the competetiveness of commanders because your guild members just cannot handle it.

I suggested reducing the number of frameworks to unlock ships, increasing the number of ways they could be earned and offered an alternative way to unlock rooms that does not require them at all.

My suggestion to help with the above:

1) Get more people/better people so you don't get wiped by 3-4 people on commanders

2) Do NiM ops and sell mats. Organise days when your people who are capable of killing easier NiM bosses (they aren't really that hard, eg tfb 1st, snv 1,2 , df 1, full ec even), then relog to alts until ppl get bored or something. You can easily make 500-1bill in an evening, then you just take X% for guild and split the rest between people.

Thanks for your suggestions for making credits. I'm sure some people will find that useful. This thread is about making things easier/faster for guilds to unlock their guild ships. I did point out that people can buy frameworks on the GTN.

There's a reason commanders are on PvP instance and trying to tag people who use it for PvP as "trolls" is like saying Tyth is a troll boss because it spawns adds, there should only be the boss.

You talk like you're a big supporter of the people who attack other groups while they are focused on the battlemasters. That's fine. I suggested adding battlemasters to the PvE instance for the people that are not interested in the same kind of "fun" as you. I intentionally did not say to remove them from the PvP instance. That way the people you support that do enjoy attacking other players while they are focused on a battlemaster can continue to attack like minded people doing similar activities on the PvP instance.

Edited by UlaVii

Yes everything being said is true, on both sides. Adding Commander to PVE instance is good idea. I would add in order to make it more fair make PVE instance commander shielded and make PVP commander free for all and not tied to guild that conquered a planet. This way smaller guilds or guilds that cant have 200+ million conquest can get a commander. I would also suggest Make respawn timer shorter, make chance for Named spawn higher and make Framework drop from Unnamed commander higher.

However i dont think drop chance on Unnamed commander should be 100% cus then it beats the purpose of Named ones. If we are going for that we should remove Unnamed fully and just make Named spawn all the time (or vice versa) . Also i think many smaller guilds resulted to pvping and taunt offs cus they cant get Commander any different way if they want them cus of the conquest system. Tough its not an excuse at all for toxicity that was done by few guilds. However we have current state where 3 guilds hold all planets therefor all what others can do is scout and hope they get commander right before his shield goes down.

What can also be done, and reflecting on Ula's suggestion is:

Unnamed Commander - 100% drop of Framework

Named Commander - 100% drop of 2 x Frameworks

This way market will quickly get flooded with frameworks, price will drop and all guilds will be able to get it in more efficient way.

Issue with Commanders is 15% cus people need lot of time to unlock FS and 85% cus few guilds hold Monopoly over them and want to earn big credits quick ...

When i formed my guild i was wiped on Commanders by one guild, and after they kills us, they then kill commander. Then they would type in /say and offer us to buy it off them on spot. Never had issue with that. They were bigger, better, stronger and they got us. However there were guilds who did following to us (this was 2 yrs ago tough when we were very small ) they asked us to pay them and let us have commander cus they were guarding . We paid them 100 mil, they left then relogged to diff toons but of same guilds, and killed us. That's not fair play and not ok at all. I have talked to people and some suggested making Commanders harder to kill. Don't think thats good. Small guilds / New Guilds with lof of new players might not be able to kill them, and given competition on top of that ... they are screwed big time

And to Conclude

I fully agree for adding Commanders to PVE so people who dont want can avoid PVP aspect of it. I think raising chance for Named spawn is also good and as I suggested maybe raising the quantity of item drops but NOT based on size of the group so small guilds and grps have equal chance of lets say getting 2 x Framework drop from named.

as Ula Sais "ADD NOT REMOVE" is good principle .

Edited by lorddjole

I don't have much to add, but as a GM of a small, newish guild we'd largely accepted that unlocking the ship would take a very long time, or perhaps something we wouldn't even really concentrate on, the requirements being what they are.

Now, I'm happy for unlocking the ship to be a longer-term activity and something that guilds have to work towards, but I totally agree that the current requirements seem a bit OTT. Even more so with the inflation and general excessive cost of everything these days I can totally understand guild members opting to sell their weekly conquest encryptions rather than donating them, particularly new players with all the other personal unlock costs that they have already.

I have also briefly experienced the camping of commanders too, so this route is effectively closed to us - we just don't have the numbers, or inclination really to feed the silliness of certain groups of players

"It was difficult for me, so it should be difficult for everyone who comes after me" is... a take, but I'm not sure it's the best position to have.

If the only reason to keep something arbitrarily hard is because it was that way for you, it ought not to stay arbitrarily hard.

I didn't include the crafting route as I've not heard of anybody trying to craft all 2700 encryptions before. It's fascinating that you're going that way.

The 6m credits you mention is for the 260k it costs for each Iokath Recombinator if you're getting a ~50% crit rate when you make a Dark Project which is really good. For the raw mats do you gather them all yourself or buy them? If you gather them yourself, how long do you estimate it takes to collect enough for an entire framework? If you buy them how much do you estimate it costs to create a single Framework?

Since I do conquest, I get lots of jawa junk so I only gather tier 11 mats. There is of course the cost of the white mats that you have to buy at the vendor or do lots of missions. Since there only is one mission per tier for that, I do buy those mats. Point is that all in all I spend less than 10M per purple plan. The rest I buy off with time spent, but it's about an hour or two worth of gathering per week and conquest rewards give me the necessary jawa junk from deconstructing gear for the lower mats. And the crafting of war supplies also helps with conquest. In fact I can craft once a day for conquest and the toon gets their personal target from that but I don't even do that every day. So one dark project, one invasion force and 6x2 war supplies that are used in the creation of invasion forces.

Then at the end of the conquest week I just craft whatever invasion forces and dark projects I can. It's worked pretty well for me so far. And because my companions are r50 the crafting doesn't take as long. Invasion forces take an hour max.

But GTN prices don't come into it for me. I buy off those costs with time, which I do have but not even that much time because aside from crafting the components for the war supplies, I don't need to be there for the crafts of the dark projects and invasion forces.

I suppose I could even sell the dark projects on the GTN as they are worth more than blue plans but I can't really be bothered with that. In the end you can only buy off credit cost with time cost and I find the time cost quite reasonable, especially compared to the cost on the GTN for mats.

Edited by Tsillah

There is a simple solution to the camping of commanders !

most groups go into the pvp area as a raid group to attack a commander then they encounter 3 or 4 enemy pvp players and end up dead in minutes. Are those pvp players so good they are unkillable ? hell no their advantage is they all have their comp healers keeping them up so they take your only healer out first and you all die. so do something smart go in as all single with your level 50 comp healer thats 20 on 3or4 when you stun or cc comps and you have all those stuns and pulls and pushes so stun thier comps and take them out. use a tank with his healer comp and keep the commander busy while you clear the area you can add a healer with a heal comp if needed to support the tank. when the trolls give up regroup as a raid and the tank can drop agro so the raid can take the commander down 8 in the raid should be all you need to get the drops and the rest can stay single and guard against trolls and add dps. stealth would be the best class to do this because you can break combat before death and heal up to return.

assasin / operative

shadow / smuggler

no they are not unkillable and they arent trying to be, they have their dps companion with them+they have medcenter literally few meters away so these camper trolls just need to do as much damage as possible to wipe the grp who came in for the battlemasters. ive seen them bring out lvl 50 companions(u can tell by the damage) send them in to attack + also pop heroic moment and also drop heroic orbital strike + other heroic aoe abilities then join in for the slaughter. die? no problem, medcenter is right behind me they can just res there, run 50meters and theyre back to trolling.

This used to be the most efficient way to do encryptions, though this was well before they turned it salty and required a 260k vendor item per base project. But even so, for anyone that is well vested into crafting and has the resources to put into it, this is still a very viable option.

We went thru the exact same discussion(s) when they first announced a new token to instantly boost comps to i50. The bottom line was that whatever it was, its going to cost you (ie "pay the iron price") one way or another, to do the same thing in a lesser amount of time. If you choose to stay 'small time', don't complain about only getting 'small time' rewards.

What would make more sense is if they gave us various sizes of guild ships:

Corvette for 'small'

Frigate for 'medium'

Capitol for 'large' (existing)

and had a 'trade in value' for upgrading to a larger ship

Each class of ship would have a proportionate orbital support buff, and something would have to be done with guild perks to make them relevant to the sponsoring class of ship, maybe have higher guild rank requirements to unlock the higher ranks of perks on smaller ships.

Edited by Kaveat

Since I do conquest, I get lots of jawa junk so I only gather tier 11 mats. There is of course the cost of the white mats that you have to buy at the vendor or do lots of missions. Since there only is one mission per tier for that, I do buy those mats. Point is that all in all I spend less than 10M per purple plan.

Ha you're such a tease! I only just climbed out of the last rabbit hole and here I go again! Let's see how many mats it takes :)

Mats For 1 Encryption

1x Dark Project MK-1 > Trade with vendor for 1x Encryption

8x Refined Isotope Stabilizer

1x Iokath Recombinator

1x War Supplies: Invasion Force (Crafted using 1 of each War Supply type)

Mats to craft War Supplies

Archaeology

2x Brocart Filaments

2x Carbonic Crystal

2x Cortosis Substrate

2x Corundum Powder

4x Cranoran Thread

2x Damind Crystal

4x Enigmatic Artifact Fragment

2x Firkrann Crystal

2x Galactic Artifact Fragment

4x Gleaming Alien Fragment

4x Gleaming Phond Crystal

2x Hypertech Artifact Fragment

2x Iridescent Artifact Fragment

2x Iridescent Bondar Crystal

6x Premium Lustrous Bondar Crystal

6x Premium Lustrous Artifact Fragment

4x Primeval Artifact Fragment

4x Ruusan Crystal

8x Standard Veda Cloth

2x Travella Cloth

2x Upari Crystal

2x Zeyd-cloth

4x Zoosha Solution

Bioanalysis

2x Anodyne Extract

2x Artificial Microbe

2x Fresh Neurochemical Extract

2x Fresh Red Goo

2x Memory-plastic

2x Metabolic Enhancement Agent

2x Metamorphic Cell Culture

2x Nervesplicer

2x Nutrient Gel

2x Parasitic Microorganism

6x Premium Unknown Microorganism

6x Premium Virulent Extract

8x Standard Recombinator

2x Stim Plug

2x Vapro-sampler

Scavenging

2x Bondite

2x Brazing Flux

2x Durasteel

2x Electrum

4x Endothermic Flux

4x Farium

2x Fibermesh

2x Insulating Flux

4x Molytex

2x Mythra

4x Polished Aluminium

2x Polished Chanlon

4x Polished Laminoid

2x Polished Plasteel

2x Polyplast

6x Premium Duranium Plating

6x Premium Tempersteel

2x Protonic flux

8x Standard Flerovium Flux

2x Thermoplast Flux

2x Tricopper Flux

2x Turadium

4x Vandium Flux

2x Zal Alloy

Mats for 50 Encryptions or 1 Framework

50x Dark Project MK-1 > Trade with vendor for 50x Encryptions

400x Refined Isotope Stabilizer

50x Iokath Recombinator

50x War Supplies: Invasion Force (Crafted using 1 of each War Supply type)

Archaeology

100x Brocart Filaments

100x Carbonic Crystal

100x Cortosis Substrate

100x Corundum Powder

200x Cranoran Thread

100x Damind Crystal

200x Enigmatic Artifact Fragment

100x Firkrann Crystal

100x Galactic Artifact Fragment

200x Gleaming Alien Fragment

200x Gleaming Phond Crystal

100x Hypertech Artifact Fragment

100x Iridescent Artifact Fragment

100x Iridescent Bondar Crystal

300x Premium Lustrous Bondar Crystal

300x Premium Lustrous Artifact Fragment

200x Primeval Artifact Fragment

200x Ruusan Crystal

400x Standard Veda Cloth

100x Travella Cloth

100x Upari Crystal

100x Zeyd-cloth

200x Zoosha Solution

Bioanalysis

100x Anodyne Extract

100x Artificial Microbe

100x Fresh Neurochemical Extract

100x Fresh Red Goo

100x Memory-plastic

100x Metabolic Enhancement Agent

100x Metamorphic Cell Culture

100x Nervesplicer

100x Nutrient Gel

100x Parasitic Microorganism

300x Premium Unknown Microorganism

300x Premium Virulent Extract

400x Standard Recombinator

100x Stim Plug

100x Vapro-sampler

Scavenging

100x Bondite

100x Brazing Flux

100x Durasteel

100x Electrum

200x Endothermic Flux

200x Farium

100x Fibermesh

100x Insulating Flux

200x Molytex

100x Mythra

200x Polished Aluminium

100x Polished Chanlon

200x Polished Laminoid

100x Polished Plasteel

100x Polyplast

300x Premium Duranium Plating

300x Premium Tempersteel

100x Protonic flux

400x Standard Flerovium Flux

100x Thermoplast Flux

100x Tricopper Flux

100x Turadium

200x Vandium Flux

100x Zal Alloy

Mats for 2700 Encryptions or 54 Frameworks

2700x Dark Project MK-1 > Trade with vendor for 2700x Encryptions

21600x Refined Isotope Stabilizer

2700x Iokath Recombinator

2700x War Supplies: Invasion Force (Crafted using 1 of each War Supply type)

Archaeology

5400x Brocart Filaments

5400x Carbonic Crystal

5400x Cortosis Substrate

5400x Corundum Powder

10800x Cranoran Thread

5400x Damind Crystal

10800x Enigmatic Artifact Fragment

5400x Firkrann Crystal

5400x Galactic Artifact Fragment

10800x Gleaming Alien Fragment

10800x Gleaming Phond Crystal

5400x Hypertech Artifact Fragment

5400x Iridescent Artifact Fragment

5400x Iridescent Bondar Crystal

16200x Premium Lustrous Bondar Crystal

16200x Premium Lustrous Artifact Fragment

10800x Primeval Artifact Fragment

10800x Ruusan Crystal

21600x Standard Veda Cloth

5400x Travella Cloth

5400x Upari Crystal

5400x Zeyd-cloth

10800x Zoosha Solution

Bioanalysis

5400x Anodyne Extract

5400x Artificial Microbe

5400x Fresh Neurochemical Extract

5400x Fresh Red Goo

5400x Memory-plastic

5400x Metabolic Enhancement Agent

5400x Metamorphic Cell Culture

5400x Nervesplicer

5400x Nutrient Gel

5400x Parasitic Microorganism

16200x Premium Unknown Microorganism

16200x Premium Virulent Extract

21600x Standard Recombinator

5400x Stim Plug

5400x Vapro-sampler

Scavenging

5400x Bondite

5400x Brazing Flux

5400x Durasteel

5400x Electrum

10800x Endothermic Flux

10800x Farium

5400x Fibermesh

5400x Insulating Flux

10800x Molytex

5400x Mythra

10800x Polished Aluminium

5400x Polished Chanlon

10800x Polished Laminoid

5400x Polished Plasteel

5400x Polyplast

16200x Premium Duranium Plating

16200x Premium Tempersteel

5400x Protonic flux

21600x Standard Flerovium Flux

5400x Thermoplast Flux

5400x Tricopper Flux

5400x Turadium

10800x Vandium Flux

5400x Zal Alloy

I took the raw material totals from the earlier post and converted them to Jawa Scrap :jawa_biggrin:

Mats & Scrap For 1 Encryption

1x Dark Project MK-1 > Trade with vendor for 1x Encryption

8x Refined Isotope Stabilizer - 96x Blue Scrap

1x Iokath Recombinator

1x War Supplies: Invasion Force (Crafted using 1 of each War Supply type)

Scrap & White Mats To Create 1 Of Each War Supply Type

7,822x Green Scrap

2x Brocart Filaments

2x Brazing Flux

2x Cortosis Substrate

2x Corundum Powder

4x Cranoran Thread

4x Endothermic Flux

2x Insulating Flux

2x Memory-plastic

2x Nervesplicer

2x Protonic Flux

8x Standard Flerovium Flux

8x Standard Recombinator

8x Standard Veda Cloth

2x Stim Plug

2x Thermoplast Flux

2x Travella Cloth

2x Tricopper Flux

4x Vandium Flux

2x Vapro-sampler

2x Zeyd-cloth

4x Zoosha Solution

Mats & Scrap for 50 Encryptions or 1 Framework

50x Dark Project MK-1 > Trade with vendor for 50x Encryptions

400x Refined Isotope Stabilizer - 4800x Blue Scrap

50x Iokath Recombinator

50x War Supplies: Invasion Force (Crafted using 1 of each War Supply type)

Scrap & White Mats To Create 50 Of Each War Supply Type

391,100x Green Scrap

100x Brocart Filaments

100x Brazing Flux

100x Cortosis Substrate

100x Corundum Powder

200x Cranoran Thread

200x Endothermic Flux

100x Insulating Flux

100x Memory-plastic

100x Nervesplicer

100x Protonic Flux

400x Standard Flerovium Flux

400x Standard Recombinator

400x Standard Veda Cloth

100x Stim Plug

100x Thermoplast Flux

100x Travella Cloth

100x Tricopper Flux

200x Vandium Flux

100x Vapro-sampler

100x Zeyd-cloth

200x Zoosha Solution

Mats & Scrap for 2700 Encryptions or 54 Frameworks

2700x Dark Project MK-1 > Trade with vendor for 2700x Encryptions

21,600x Refined Isotope Stabilizer - 259,200x Blue Scrap

2700x Iokath Recombinator

2700x War Supplies: Invasion Force (Crafted using 1 of each War Supply type)

Scrap & White Mats To Create 2700 Of Each War Supply Type

21,119,400x Green Scrap

5400x Brocart Filaments

5400x Brazing Flux

5400x Cortosis Substrate

5400x Corundum Powder

10,800x Cranoran Thread

10,800x Endothermic Flux

5400x Insulating Flux

5400x Memory-plastic

5400x Nervesplicer

5400x Protonic Flux

21,600x Standard Flerovium Flux

21,600x Standard Recombinator

21,600x Standard Veda Cloth

5400x Stim Plug

5400x Thermoplast Flux

5400x Travella Cloth

5400x Tricopper Flux

10,800x Vandium Flux

5400x Vapro-sampler

5400x Zeyd-cloth

10,800x Zoosha Solution

I don't have much to add, but as a GM of a small, newish guild we'd largely accepted that unlocking the ship would take a very long time, or perhaps something we wouldn't even really concentrate on, the requirements being what they are.

Now, I'm happy for unlocking the ship to be a longer-term activity and something that guilds have to work towards, but I totally agree that the current requirements seem a bit OTT.

I used my encryptions we spent a lot of time earning to unlock ... an atrium to more unlocked rooms. That's ridiculous.

Edited by EllieAnne

Because some things are hard without reason. I don't find the "It was hard for me, so it should be hard for everyone else" argument particularly compelling.

Why is fully unlocking a guild ship "hard without reason?" It's a big accomplishment for a guild and it should take some time.

Using your "hard without reason" statement, I can say the following:

Why do ops have bosses and trash? That makes them "hard without reason". Why not just let me enter and push a button to complete the op and get all the rewards.

I was in a fairly small guild and we opened our entire guild ship. As far as I know, we did not use any battlemasters to do it either.

Why do people always want things made easier for them when other people did it the original way?

Another small guild reporting in.

We completely unlocked our guildship via commanders, conquest encryptions and dark projects (back before crafting got jacked). We all ran daily heroics to come up with the funds to do so.

Im sorry, but its just a bit too much for small and medium sized guilds. I do not agree with the statement "it was hard for me so it should be hard for everyone". I understand the concept of having a goal to work towards and the joy of success. However, it doesnt need to be THIS hard to open up a guildship. As the OP stated... its been 6 years, its time for some change.

Also your comparison to Ops is soooo far off the map, that I wont even go there. (ps im a HM/NiM raider so I know what Im talking about).

:rak_03:

Why is fully unlocking a guild ship "hard without reason?" It's a big accomplishment for a guild and it should take some time.

Using your "hard without reason" statement, I can say the following:

Why do ops have bosses and trash? That makes them "hard without reason". Why not just let me enter and push a button to complete the op and get all the rewards.

Why should unlocking a guild shape take time, though? What makes it fundamentally different from any other stronghold, which just takes credits? The buffs?

Ops have bosses and trash because they would literally not be operations if they had zero encounters -- they would be nothing. The flagship is still the flagship if you take out the exorbitant expense and timegating. People engage in operations in order to fight the bosses. That is the express purpose.

I lead a small guild. Ours is already fully unlocked, so it's not like we'd benefit. It still took a ridiculous amount of time and, more than anything, boiled down to my personally spending a couple billion credits.

Edited by jedimasterjac