What will it take to get some moderation in General chat on either Fleet?

DakhathKilrathi

They need to hire a chat moderator that can subjectively apply any chat on swtor to the TOS with the full understanding of political correctness.

Someone that would know and would not tolerate, for example, Neil Armstrong when he said,

"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind", that mankind should be humankind.

Can't tell if you're serious or not but this is exactly what we don't need.

Obsessive political correctness is just the other side of the lunatic coin. I don't have patience for either side.

Fortunately, it's easy to turn off chat

Found the fleet troll whose upset they agreed to specific terms and agreements and people are asking Bioware to enforce said terms and agreements.

no, i just grew up in a time when we hated the PTA moms and conservatives trying to take our sex, violence, and freedom.

you people are authoritarians, plain and simple. i want none of you around, left or right leaning.

no, i just grew up in a time when we hated the PTA moms and conservatives trying to take our sex, violence, and freedom.

you people are authoritarians, plain and simple. i want none of you around, left or right leaning.

Very agreeable. It's been a wild adventure to watch this hobby going from fighting so hard against the Jack Thompsons of the world, to actively inviting them in to help us battle the terrors of voluntarily reading mean words in a video game.

OP....

Allow me to introduce you to your exact same thread....

Also, I am sure you have done the right thing, that youre supposed to do about a situation like this one, take a screenshot? Would you be so kind as to share these screenshots so we can all know whats being said? You should have the screenshots, if youre trying to do good, I see no reason why you would come here to complain without putting in the minimal effort of "Print Screen".

Will you share them?

So freedom to you is having to listen to homophobic, racist, genderist, bullying, sometime pedographic rants?

Coincidentally, I made a post addressing what you said here in my post on the thread linked above. I mean I literally addressed exactly what you said. You may want to read it.

People need to learn to ignore words, text, sentences that they do not agree with. No need for /ignore Legacy, if you do not let it bother you. Remember sticks and stones? Why does everyone have such thin skin now a days? Or, is it that youre an authoritarian and believe anyone who does not agree with you should be 'exiled'? If someone says racist stufff to me, you know what I do? Ignore it. And then I go on with my life. Why does anyone care what anyone has to say about these ism\ist\phobes? Why on earth are you letting yourself get worked up and have it alter your mood in a negative way? These are people you do not know, on the internet. Why cant people just roll their eyes and move on? Or just ignore outright? Or report them? Why are you people giving these people you do not even like, the power to control your emotions and life?

That is so foreign, alien, and baffling to me. No one has the control or power to effect my mood, emotions, life, etc without my permission. I, for the life of me cannot understand this. This is not a difficult problem. Mental fortitude or ignore. Is that so hard?

People need to learn to ignore words, text, sentences that they do not agree with. No need for /ignore Legacy, if you do not let it bother you. Remember sticks and stones? Why does everyone have such thin skin now a days? Or, is it that youre an authoritarian and believe anyone who does not agree with you should be 'exiled'? If someone says racist stufff to me, you know what I do? Ignore it. And then I go on with my life. Why does anyone care what anyone has to say about these ism\ist\phobes? Why on earth are you letting yourself get worked up and have it alter your mood in a negative way? These are people you do not know, on the internet. Why cant people just roll their eyes and move on? Or just ignore outright? Or report them? Why are you people giving these people you do not even like, the power to control your emotions and life?

That is so foreign, alien, and baffling to me. No one has the control or power to effect my mood, emotions, life, etc without my permission. I, for the life of me cannot understand this. This is not a difficult problem. Mental fortitude or ignore. Is that so hard?

What's even worse is that, if someone in some official capacity is saying ist/phobe stuff, you might have a cause for concern, but getting all worked up about what some trolling kids are saying in game chat, is a bit much.

Of course, there's also the 'virtue signaling' aspect of this. Some people may feel they need to complain to signal there virtuousness to others. Seems like a waste of effort to me.