What is the SECOND easiest Tech dps spec?

ShardTosk

I know Arsenal/Gunnery is the supposedly easiest but what is number 2? By easiest I mean simplest rotation and least staring at my buffs. :jawa_confused:

EDIT: Title changed. Let's include Sniper/Gunslinger. I already have an Operative/Scoundrel.

Edited by ShardTosk

Arsenal is actually one of the harder ones. People say arsenal is easy... well they are doing it wrong. If arsenal is easy to you every spec is easy. Easiest to hardest imo:

Virulence is the easiest. Fixed rotation, build in AOE, no energy problems, 35m range and no offensives you could misplace.

Engineering is the 2nd easiest, it has build in AOE too, but it's more awkward to play and harder to get the damage where it is supposed to hit - especially with bad tanks.

Then it's probably AP, very easy to play, very easy to overheat. Not good for clickers since they will drop the tacticals buff more often than if you had keybinds.

Pyro just rofl over your keyboard without dropping heatstroke and without overheating.

Arsenal has a priority and a rotation, it has internal procs you have to filler around. Target swapping can be slow to get both debuffs on and it's just overall pretty pepega.

IO has a fixed rotation, but energy management that you have to have experience with, it also has internal procs you could miss and that is a huge DPS loss.

Marksman is not on the list because... why wouldn't you just play viru.

Edited by ZUHFB

Marksman is not on the list because... why wouldn't you just play viru.

That's not actually a reason. Why is Virulence better than Marksman? If you don't explain why, it's just "do this because people do this", which is just the worst of the cargo cult mentality that drives nine tenths of the stories in the "Weird People" thread...

That's not actually a reason. Why is Virulence better than Marksman? If you don't explain why, it's just "do this because people do this", which is just the worst of the cargo cult mentality that drives nine tenths of the stories in the "Weird People" thread...

Well, it is less mobile and does less damage. Also I think it can run into energy problems but I'm not so sure, the spec is just a worse version of virulence and in a PvE environment there is, right now, no reason to play marksman

I'd say either Marksmanship, Virulence or AP.

Marksmanship has a very, very easy rotation and never runs out of energy with its maximum single target build. (Basically you Ambush -> Followthrough -> Penetrating Blasts -> Followthrough -> Snipe x2 - > Followthrough repeat, subbing in a Takedown for FT when sub 30%). With the right talent picks this is your best single target rotation, and it never runs out of energy to boot. Very easy. (This is assuming you've dotted up your target, which should generally be done in the opener or immediately when target swapping). It's damage is pretty bad, though depending on what content you do that might not matter much. (If you never step into R4hm, a NiM op or ranked PvP, Marksmanship will be just fine).

Virulence has been explained already. Imo the rotation is every so slightly harder than Marksmanship's. But the increased single target damage more than makes up for it I'd say. It's also still pretty straightforward.

AP is also pretty easy. If you can count to 4, you can do the basic AP rotation basically. (Just make sure every 4th GCD is Magnetic Blast/Rocket Punch to proc you railshot and you're halfway there). Heat management can be a bit of an issue, but if you play it a lot you'll get a feel for it. If you're not doing prog raiding or ranked pvp just use some extra basic attacks as fillers and you'll never run into heat problems.

I'd say those are the easiest three.

Edited by AdjeYo