Just started my first Onslaught and ...

EllieAnne

Yes I know I'm behind the times.

First of all, a continuation of being forced to do (almost) everything solo. I thought EA wanted us to do more group content and because of everything being phased it is nearly impossible to do anything substantial in a group. Make it less than fun trying to run with a friend. I'm certainly not looking forward to 7.0 if it is more forced-to-solo content.

Onderon, Mek-Sha, Corellia then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. The storyline after the FP is such a snoozefest. It's nothing more than a long series of cutscenes interrupted by the occassional meaningless choice. I'm still working through my first one and thinking, when is this going to end? After Corellia I wanted to run all my toons through Onslaught but now I don't know due to the drudgery of finishing it.

Well, the Commander IS the leader of a large-scale semi-galactic political-military apparatus, either as a member-world of the Republic, a world of the Empire, or a semi-independent ally of either. It's not all going to be action and adventure with the fate of the galaxy resting in the balance... there's going to be long boring meetings, status reports, and even - shudder - diplomacy involved.

Well, the Commander IS the leader of a large-scale semi-galactic political-military apparatus, either as a member-world of the Republic, a world of the Empire, or a semi-independent ally of either. It's not all going to be action and adventure with the fate of the galaxy resting in the balance... there's going to be long boring meetings, status reports, and even - shudder - diplomacy involved.

the story hasnt been good since 2012. the class stories are the only good writing

What a strange defense of why something isn't very fun.

It reminds me of WoW players that defend how The Maw isn't very fun, because "well, it's HELL. Hell isn't FUN..."

lol WHAT??? Bizarre.

This is a video game about Star Wars.

This isn't Executive Simulator.

Edited by Darklighter

I like lots of cutscenes. It's better than doing more generic combat against cookie cutter enemies that I've seen a billion times already. I could literally do that anywhere else in the game. Also, I don't group myself so I'm not sure, but hasn't story content like this always been solo...? Not sure what the problem is Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

What a strange defense of why something isn't very fun.

It reminds me of WoW players that defend how The Maw isn't very fun, because "well, it's HELL. Hell isn't FUN..."

lol WHAT??? Bizarre.

This is a video game about Star Wars.

This isn't Executive Simulator.

This is a heavily based story mmorpg, people who complain about cutscnes or story make me wonder why they choose to play a game that focuses on that, similar to how there's people complaining about the long cutscenes in FF14.

Swtor and even FF14 thankfully are not wow, they are heavily story based mmorpgs and that will include long cutscnes and dialogue and that is why i enjoy such games.

If you want pure gameplay and barely any story there's games for that, games like WoW lul

This is a heavily based story mmorpg, people who complain about cutscnes or story make me wonder why they choose to play a game that focuses on that, similar to how there's people complaining about the long cutscenes in FF14.

Swtor and even FF14 thankfully are not wow, they are heavily story based mmorpgs and that will include long cutscnes and dialogue and that is why i enjoy such games.

If you want pure gameplay and barely any story there's games for that, games like WoW lul

long cutscenes, something swtor hasnt had in a long time.

After the Objective Meridien there is what can best be described as "filler" and mostly due to the global events of 2020 when it was impossible to get the voice actors necessary for anything larger scale. I am sure there were plans for a lot more but given the circumstances that all went out of the window.

After the Objective Meridien there is what can best be described as "filler" and mostly due to the global events of 2020 when it was impossible to get the voice actors necessary for anything larger scale. I am sure there were plans for a lot more but given the circumstances that all went out of the window.

I mean, compared to what we got before that, what gives you the impression that much more was planned? Was this said in an interview somewhere?

I like lots of cutscenes. It's better than doing more generic combat against cookie cutter enemies that I've seen a billion times already. I could literally do that anywhere else in the game. Also, I don't group myself so I'm not sure, but hasn't story content like this always been solo...? Not sure what the problem is

The problem is when you go 15, 20, 30 minutes of nothing but cutscenes and meaningless choices and run here then there at some point it stops becoming a game and becomes an interactive movie.