Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are hurting pvp participation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are hurting pvp participation

Samcuu
04.19.2022 , 05:10 PM | #311
Since this dood is still crying about premades months later, I have to come back here and say, premades aren't the issue. Two weeks ago I was queuing dps with a healer friend and I think I finished about 5 or 6 weeklies, so we probably won about 20 or 25 matches, and faced plenty of premades along the way. This week I struggled to finish two weeklies. We had the same comp but the healer was getting destroyed. So I swapped to tank and I was doing top dmg on my team as a tank only hitting like 7k or 8k dps. Our dps teammates were doing about half what I was while playing a tank...so ye match making is an issue. The other issue is just ppl playing wzs who don't know how to pvp in this game. As Snave has mentioned the pvp community is dead because of 8v8s going away, and there's nobody to teach players who are interested in pvp. Now it's just random conquest bot guilds the majority of which don't help their members L2P.

Tiberi
04.21.2022 , 12:00 AM | #312
Or maby BIO can fix so only premade groups on both sides.

ZUHFB
04.21.2022 , 02:38 AM | #313
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiberi View Post
Or maby BIO can fix so only premade groups on both sides.
But he said he was vs premades? So its already happening just that one premade is killing you and the other is afk-ing at pylons. I think what you don't like is getting smashed, regardless of premades, regardless of win/lose, where I therefore have to agree with his final suggestion.
professional combat rez farmer

Amunra-amunray
05.06.2022 , 09:24 AM | #314
there should be no priorities of any sort when match queue is being selected... it should be first enter first fill! stats groups and the like should not be given priority and a group and solo match queue should be added. and the reason group queues die is becuase these people who use stacked teams do not want to lose their easy mode against players who are training or need to learn while those that solo get bunched with them and have to play a 1 v7 1 v 6 most of all matched then their are those who refuse to do objectives cause they there to kill only... so maybe even add a arena queue for those who do not want to do objective pvp
"Do the Best and Spare the Rest!" Joe Pirandello
My Channel

Samcuu
05.06.2022 , 10:42 AM | #315
Disagree. The way that the queue works now is that it does try to match premades vs other premades. Issue you get tho is uneven premades facing eachother. For example I was queuing with just a healer friend on a dps toon. We kept getting matched against strong 4 man premades all night, and we were stuck with pugs doing 2k dps. It was a rough night to say the least. The queues are working to a certain extent but I don't think there will ever be a perfect way to balance the queues unless the pvp community has a big increase in population.

I think one thing that could possibly help is cross server queuing....but I've heard that's probably never going to happen for reasons. The more wzs going at once the better it will be imo.

The one thing I'll say about the way the queues work that annoys me tho is that it seems arenas only pop as a last resort. I'd like to see all the wzs given equal priority, it would be way more interesting to get a couple arenas in a row as opposed to the consistent Voidstar/Ancient Hypergate train that pops.

Uuno
05.06.2022 , 11:38 AM | #316
Quote: Originally Posted by Amunra-amunray View Post
there should be no priorities of any sort when match queue is being selected... it should be first enter first fill! stats groups and the like should not be given priority and a group and solo match queue should be added. and the reason group queues die is becuase these people who use stacked teams do not want to lose their easy mode against players who are training or need to learn while those that solo get bunched with them and have to play a 1 v7 1 v 6 most of all matched then their are those who refuse to do objectives cause they there to kill only... so maybe even add a arena queue for those who do not want to do objective pvp
This 100%, limiting anything in PVP always kills PVP. IN EVERY GAME EVER! Being able to queue particular WZs would be an optimal change, then the players could decide which ones they enjoy on repeat.

Amunra-amunray
05.07.2022 , 06:41 AM | #317
Quote: Originally Posted by Uuno View Post
This 100%, limiting anything in PVP always kills PVP. IN EVERY GAME EVER! Being able to queue particular WZs would be an optimal change, then the players could decide which ones they enjoy on repeat.
becuause those that want easy mode leave the arena of play they do not want to earn their wins... they want to have domination over their enemies...

not for any other reason... but those that see the queues and teams are balanced would return to pvp and maybe even more will start playing... even now pvpis dying cuase of the method it is now

the queues have slowed or the same people play over and over....
"Do the Best and Spare the Rest!" Joe Pirandello
My Channel